Nors on Tuck Bowl special tonight

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Brah youve started about 5 SD threads which boiled down to them being overrated and this gem. Youre all over the first page. Its not like one of the responseson this thread has been about that game.

Your from the hub go check out sonsofsamhorn.com and take a page from how your fellow Bostonians treat a message board.
Yes - we are playing San Diego this week. Thats what we are talking about.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Maybe the worst call ever in a football game. The first time ever I'd even heard of the "tuck rule."

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Yes, that was a fumble.

The entire stadium thought the game was over at the time.

Z-Man

Reaction score
Nors said:
Gannon = Romo :)

He means Romo will get his butt handed to him in his only Super Bowl appearance like Gannon. :)

Gannon really is a bad choice, really bad. His name brings up interceptions and fumbles aplenty in the big game.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Nors said:
How he kicked that on a snow covered field 46 yrads is still a mystery.

Vinatieri is from South Dakota. Compared to the conditions he kicked in in high school and college, that night was just a brisk evening with a light misting of snow.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Nors said:
I was there in the end zone.

Just watched it - its on again. Well after game over they pan in on the crowd. There is a tall guy wearing a Dallas Jacket hood up.

That game was insane - everyone standed the whole time. Brady fumbled. The Raiders coach CHOKED clock mgmt allowing a FG of ages. How he kicked that on a snow covered field 46 yrads is still a mystery. The Brady legacy was born.

Its time for Bledsoe to get a Lombardi as a Starter......

nors... your kid is logged in as you. :D

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I was rooting for the Raiders all the way in that game. I had never heard of the "tuck rule" either and I thought they got robbed. But I heard a reading of the rule today and it clearly states that if the QB's arm starts forward, on his own accord and FOR ANY REASON the play shall be ruled an incomplete pass. His arm absolutely started forward before he was touched. Ergo, to my dismay, it was a proper call.

On an aside, Lincoln Kennedy said that what he thought was the most pivotal moment of that game was Gruden's refusal to go for it on 4th and inches when, if they made it, they could have just run out the clock.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Well, I'm not too into conpiracies. But isn't anyone, besides myself, just a little bit suspicious that the first time that they heard the "tuck rule" being called in an NFL game occurs in such a pivotal moment during a championship game? You would think that such a rule would be called many times. It just makes me wonder.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I am well aware that he is from South Dakota.

There was 3 inches of snow on the ground.

And he kicked it into a driving snowstorm. I was in the opposite end zone and you could not even see the football in the air. And not to mention the "thud" sound at contact.

Miraculous kick.