Not a good game, but still won by 24 points./ Daniel Jones should have gotten the flag

Cydios

Reaction score
They do not enforce it with runners or tacklers unless the player is deemed defenseless and it's egregious. They're not allowed to even brush the side of the QB's helmet when he's in the pocket but when he pulls it down, he realizes he's no longer protected.

And it was obvious on that play that Jones was actually trying to use his helmet to his advantage and he initiated the contact on Cox. Dumb play by the QB. Gutsy play but he's supposed to be smarter than that.

I wonder how many coaches are showing that play to their QB's this week, especially that part where he was drooling and stumbling.

yeah, not sure what he was thinking especially when you're RB went down. Not worth the season, or even the seasons beyond.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. I think this is the lesson Dak learned very well. When he ran yesterday.. He slid! very unDakish. lol
Yep, he understands his importance to his team above one play for a 1st down or even TD.

I think you hit upon something with Prescott that makes me like him even more. He was in tears when he thought his career might be over but then add to that he spent his recovery and rehab time watching HIS TEAM struggle without him. That was a freak play but he does seemed to have learned the most valuable QB1 lesson, he is at the head of the table and if he's not there, they do not eat.

Cydios

Reaction score
Yep, he understands his importance to his team above one play for a 1st down or even TD.

I think you hit upon something with Prescott that makes me like him even more. He was in tears when he thought his career might be over but then add to that he spent his recovery and rehab time watching HIS TEAM struggle without him. That was a freak play but he does seemed to have learned the most valuable QB1 lesson, he is at the head of the table and if he's not there, they do not eat.

this is 100%. He's the only player we can't replace right now.

Lutonio

Reaction score
yeah, then after he wakes up he tells the doctor, I saw 12 yellow flags on the field.. how many refs were there? LMAO
“Dan, those weren’t yellow tweety birds. It was the penalty flag.”

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Even the sports media is saying Daniel Jones shoulda been flagged

Then they don't understand the rule either.

they dont call that unless it looks like offensive targeting like purposeful extra launch with spearing type motion..

Exactly. In the video below, Zeke got flagged for such a call and it was accurate. Unnecessary and clearly appeared to be targeting.

Elliott-S-GIF-1.gif

Creeper

Reaction score
Think about the title. This says something good about the team. We played sloppy in the first half 2 turnovers. Typically a collapse in prior years.

Also to add, I feel bad for players who go down, but I'm seeing Giants yelling for flags on the Daniel Jones hit, claiming helmet to helment.. and I agree. ... D.JONES! should have been penalized for lowering his helmet..

I agree. The Cowboys played a very sloppy game. They were not sharp at all. They were better late in the game but for the most part they looked off. Even Dak, who made some beautiful throws made a few mistakes and was off on some of his passes.

I think the no call on the Jones play was the right call. I think Jones was shocked that Cox got out there so quickly. That is the kind of speed that the Cowboys have lacked for a while. Golston got there too. Good play by those guys.

I think with QBs running so much we are going to see more injuries like that. Then the league will revert back to QBs who use their mobility to extend plays rather than take on tacklers by running head first into defenders.

Praxit

Reaction score
..flag..?? serious. He's now a runner, all rules out the window. Bring the ******* at will ... ;)..

DFWJC

Reaction score
No disrespect for the Giants from me.

But we were expected to perform like a super bowl team despite injuries last season. We’re still missing a multitude of starters as well. Now we didn’t lose Dak … so it’s somewhat different. But it’s crazy to me how it’s “oh the giants are too banged up”
Honestly, once Dak (and Martin to some degree) went down for the season, I thought universally the expectations for Dallas completely evaporated last year.
Maybe there were a few Dalton fans who thought we wouldn't miss a beat, but 95% of the sports world thought we were toast.