Not all Dak Critics are trolls

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
I've been a huge Dak critic since he started stinking it up last season. I dont post on here often, but most of this season I've debated his fanboys over his issues. Mostly because I dont like seeing this fanbase praise/go all in on a player who isn't proven. I was sick of seeing the over thrown balls week in and week out, tired of seeing the offense so mediocre with him at the forefront. While I do agree that getting a better coaching staff and scheme would help him tremendously, would it fix his inconstant accuracy, idk..

With that being said, Dak balled out on Thursday. And I know, a lot of y'all will say he messed up taking those sacks and with the fumbles. And I agree to a certain extent. But man, that might be the first game this season that I saw glimpses of 2016. I mean right off the jump he was making throws that I hadn't seen so consistantly from him since his rookie year. 18 completions in a row is nothing to scoff at lol. And his couple of runs, they were mean lol. Straight running with power. I love to see it. If he were to play like this every week, I'm sure they're would be a lot less skeptics.

1 thing I dont understand is there's still people trolling about Dak's performance against New Orelans. I mean, I get people can make their case for Dak's season as a whole being mediocre, but I felt like that was his best performance this season. I was surprised seeing the hate. I feel like most other weeks warranted the critisicm, but this time was different. Maybe some people do just hate to hate, idk. Not all Dak critics are trolls/haters. Most of us just wanna see the team succeed. I'll continue to give Dak AND the team props when they deserve it, and critiques when they need it. Just my 2 cents.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I've been a huge Dak critic since he started stinking it up last season. I dont post on here often, but most of this season I've debated his fanboys over his issues. Mostly because I dont like seeing this fanbase praise/go all in on a player who isn't proven. I was sick of seeing the over thrown balls week in and week out, tired of seeing the offense so mediocre with him at the forefront. While I do agree that getting a better coaching staff and scheme would help him tremendously, would it fix his inconstant accuracy, idk..

With that being said, Dak balled out on Thursday. And I know, a lot of y'all will say he messed up taking those sacks and with the fumbles. And I agree to a certain extent. But man, that might be the first game this season that I saw glimpses of 2016. I mean right off the jump he was making throws that I hadn't seen so consistantly from him since his rookie year. 18 completions in a row is nothing to scoff at lol. And his couple of runs, they were mean lol. Straight running with power. I love to see it. If he were to play like this every week, I'm sure they're would be a lot less skeptics.

1 thing I dont understand is there's still people trolling about Dak's performance against New Orelans. I mean, I get people can make their case for Dak's season as a whole being mediocre, but I felt like that was his best performance this season. I was surprised seeing the hate. I feel like most other weeks warranted the critisicm, but this time was different. Maybe some people do just hate to hate, idk. Not all Dak critics are trolls/haters. Most of us just wanna see the team succeed. I'll continue to give Dak AND the team props when they deserve it, and critiques when they need it. Just my 2 cents.
Dak managed the game he was suppose to manage. the game played out perfectly as planned by the coaches. Dak did his part.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Is that Daks standard of balling out because a QB that was balling out would’ve had that game over a long time before that and would need the defense to constantly bail him out for his lack of big play ability.
I felt like the offense as a whole weren't getting it done in the 2nd half. Zeke couldn't get anything going as well in the 2nd half. I really wasn't seeing Dak overthrow targets like he usually does so I dont wanna put the whole blame on him like I usually do.

conner01

Reaction score
Dak is not a QB who is gonna take over a game and throw for 400 yds
But if he can fix a few problems he can win with this defense and Zeke
1- stop turnovers. Can’t put the ball on the ground
2- fix the feet. His footwork has been an issue
3- limit the sacks. Not all sacks are preventable but he has to beat into his head that throwing in in the stands is better than a sack

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I felt like the offense as a whole weren't getting it done in the 2nd half. Zeke couldn't get anything going as well in the 2nd half. I really wasn't seeing Dak overthrow targets like he usually does so I dont wanna put the whole blame on him like I usually do.

Teams are selling out on Zeke and Dak is getting matchups he should be able to expose downfield but he is not good at throwing downfield and he is not good at throwing into tighter windows and he needs guys to be wide open or he doesn’t feel comfortable throwing the ball which leads to second guessing, sacks, and fumbles.

Have we won a game because of Dak this year? What good team can say that about their QB?

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Is that Daks standard of balling out because a QB that was balling out would’ve had that game over a long time before that and would need the defense to constantly bail him out for his lack of big play ability.
Any other week I would've agreed with you.

conner01

Reaction score
You're right. It's unreasonable to complain about 37 minutes of possession time and 13 points.

Dak Prescott is a bum.
Before the saints game I felt to win we had to convert 50% of 3rd downs
That allows you to keep with the run game and keep drew off the field
We converted 50%
If we can continue that conversion rate we will win out. Zeke will lead the league in rushing and we can do something in the playoffs

sbark

Reaction score
Damned if you damned if you dont lol. You critisize Dak and your called a hater & a Romo lover. You finally give some Dak props and everyone goes for your neck lmao.
Parcells.....dak is what he is until he proves otherwise

The over riding question.....how long would parcells, Jimmie Johnson, tom Landry....put up with daks play?

Would they have looked at c.rush last game of last year? Would they sit him for a spell to send him a message

Harder now with the 4 game win streak....and yet dak cost us the skins game, the Texans game, the panther game....others....

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Teams are selling out on Zeke and Dak is getting matchups he should be able to expose downfield but he is not good at throwing downfield and he is not good at throwing into tighter windows and he needs guy to be wide open or he doesn’t feel comfortable throwing the ball which leads to second guessing, sacks, and fumbles.
Everything you're saying is true, and I agree. But I saw him throw 18 straight completions on Thursday. He was 24-28 outplaying Drew Brees. 2nd half was a dumpster fire but it wasn't like Dak was completely inaccurate like he has been this season. Pocket awaraness is a different story, but I digress.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak is not your ideal passing QB. He definitely cannot sling it with the best of them but he can get the job done like we saw in the first half.

But like we saw in the second half, he sometimes goes in a shell and will not throw downfield and has poor pocket presence, and then miss the big play and fumble. I like the Dak that played in the first half but not the one who played in the second. He just was not good in the second

Beaker42

Reaction score

I only saw one jail break where he hadn’t even finished his drop and it was early, like 2nd or 3rd one maybe? He should be looking to his right on every pass because Collins’ man more often than not is causing the problems. I’m pretty sure Chaz Green has La’el duct taped and ball gagged in his basement and is pretending to be La’el.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Parcells.....dak is what he is until he proves otherwise

The over riding question.....how long would parcells, Jimmie Johnson, tom Landry....put up with daks play
@CowboysBravesSpurs "Not all Dak Critics are trolls" we are trolled so much it is difficult to tell the difference.

@sbark Parcells, Jimmie Johnson and Landry would ride him all the way to the Superbowl. You can bank on that. I wonder if some forum members could recognize greatness.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If he were to consistently play the way he did in the first half, I'd say pay the man. He was dropping dimes, making very good, quick decisions, and anticipating his receivers routes.

That throw near the left sideline to Cooper simply could not have been better. There were a couple of excellent throws to Gallup as well.

The second half was backup QB stuff.

I'd like to see him get some good coaching before I give up on him, but as it stands, I hope they don't give him a big contract.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
This goes both ways. So, somehow, Dak supporters are “fanboys”?

I support Dak, and want him to do well, but that doesn’t mean I am a fanboy, nor blind to the issues he has.

So just like not all Dak critics are trolls, not all Dak supporters are blind homers.

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
The one thing that annoys me from the pro Dak people are the dismissing of the fumbles. A QB who fumbles is every bit as bad as a QB who throws an interception. They both are turnovers and count the same exact way. When you factor in the fumbles and taking the sacks and the trade-off is 200 yards passing, it's a hard pill to swallow.