Not going to be selling my ticket vs. the Forty Whiners

Reid1boys

Reaction score
$150? how???
what do you mean?
Prices were cheap all week, because the opponent was not known, meaning opposing fans arent trying to buy tickets, which those ticket sites use an algorithm based upon how many people are looking at tickets.

I bought tickets about 10 minutes before the niners won for cheap.

Im from Ca, as soon as the niners won, I knew those prices were going to go up... they have now close to tripled from my price. I booked my flights over 3 weeks ago for CHEAP. I knew we were hosting, so I booked using points, Then if I decided to not go, I cancel the flight and get all my points back.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
what do you mean?
Prices were cheap all week, because the opponent was not known, meaning opposing fans arent trying to buy tickets, which those ticket sites use an algorithm based upon how many people are looking at tickets.

I bought tickets about 10 minutes before the niners won for cheap.

Im from Ca, as soon as the niners won, I knew those prices were going to go up... they have now close to tripled from my price. I booked my flights over 3 weeks ago for CHEAP. I knew we were hosting, so I booked using points, Then if I decided to not go, I cancel the flight and get all my points back.
I’m just shocked a playoff ticket would be so cheap regardless of not having the opponent knowledge.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Just waiting for the NFL to release the times so we can book and fly on from Colorado!!!!!!

Not going to risk that seat turning red!!!!

dak-wink.gif

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry started it with the whole seat licensing thing. He basically guaranteed that season ticket holders would sell to try and get back some of that money.

Seating license was not new when Jerry got the stadium built. It was done long before that.
Matter of fact, NE cost for PSL’s and season tickets were more expensive than Jerry World.

Atlanta, their domed stadium built in want 1988 or so or whatever year before the other new domed stadium also did the same thing.

whenever the Olympics were there. When it was built I think

In the Atlanta area, people were kicked out of their homes they rented and apartments. So they could be rented out to people for the Olympics.
Just to make more money, and people talk about team owners being greedy. Instead of say rent was 1000 per month, they were kicked out, to rent them for $10k for a month.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’m just shocked a playoff ticket would be so cheap regardless of not having the opponent knowledge.
prices are driven up by the demand of the visiting teams. In the playoffs, fans cant start buying tickets for their team until they know where they are going. As soon as Niners won, prices started going up. Happens EVERY year.

in 2014 I had 10 yard line middle of the bowl tickets for Cowboys Packers and I paid 260. Shocked how cheap they were.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I don't think a lot of people are selling their playoff tickets.. the Cowboys have not hosted a playoff game in 3 years.. This is what you live for as a fan.. This is why you paid that PSL and pay for season tickets.. This aint no regular season matchup against Denver.. this is playoff football..

MajesticRey

Reaction score
prices are driven up by the demand of the visiting teams. In the playoffs, fans cant start buying tickets for their team until they know where they are going. As soon as Niners won, prices started going up. Happens EVERY year.

in 2014 I had 10 yard line middle of the bowl tickets for Cowboys Packers and I paid 260. Shocked how cheap they were.

But can’t the original ticket sellers just anticipate demand? I’m sure that if the starting price is $500 for a playoff game rather than $150 it will sell regardless.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score

Don't you mean 2016? Cowboys didn't host GB in 2014.

if you're talking about Lambeau then yeah they're going to be cheap because nobody likes sitting outside in sub zero freezing temps for 4 hours

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Don't you mean 2016? Cowboys didn't host GB in 2014.

if you're talking about Lambeau then yeah they're going to be cheap because nobody likes sitting outside in sub zero freezing temps for 4 hours
I was at both, and yes, I was talking about Lambeau. Yes, Lambeau sucks. Great to go 1 time, all that nostalgia and crap, but the place is a dump. It was 21 degrees and sunny at kickoff. It actually wasnt bad at all as you were dressed for it. Had a great time, But Id be ok with never going back to that place. NOTHING is around that stadium. Unless someone invites you in their house for a drink, the place sucks...lol

Reid1boys

Reaction score
But can’t the original ticket sellers just anticipate demand? I’m sure that if the starting price is $500 for a playoff game rather than $150 it will sell regardless.
Ive written on this before... prices are controlled mostly by the aftermarket site you are on. EVERY ticket holder that was selling tickets didnt all go on the site and raise prices together. The site does it. They have algorithms just like Facebook and youtube that is used to move prices up and down.Look at prices in a section and then see how close the prices are together. They are all basically the same, because a computer is moving prices up and down based upon how many people are checking out tickets. If100k people are all over a site looking at tickets, bam, prices jump. If 500 people an hour are looking at tickets, prices drop.

Not sure about starting point though, but they were cheap all week.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Ive written on this before... prices are controlled mostly by the aftermarket site you are on. EVERY ticket holder that was selling tickets didnt all go on the site and raise prices together. The site does it. They have algorithms just like Facebook and youtube that is used to move prices up and down.Look at prices in a section and then see how close the prices are together. They are all basically the same, because a computer is moving prices up and down based upon how many people are checking out tickets. If100k people are all over a site looking at tickets, bam, prices jump. If 500 people an hour are looking at tickets, prices drop.

Not sure about starting point though, but they were cheap all week.

I understand the algorithm and how it can play into it, but I’m still baffled at how low the starting price is.