Not much love for Witten

Aven8

Reaction score
My only problem with Witt is he won't come off the field to help the team. Yeah the coaches could tell him, but they haven't it seems. He is suppose to be this team leader and player. Help the team and give Switz and company a shot.

I'm fine with Witt as a part time player.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2017 TDs
Witten 5
Dez 6

He had some injury issues.

He missed games 13, 14, 15.

They targeted him 23 times in 13 games. A big part of his function was to open things up because defenses had to respect his speed and his ability on deeper passes (67% on 20+ yard targets).

The issue is that he was limited in terms of scheme knowledge and route running.

He didn’t think he was limited. He thinks he can play every position and the team just wouldn’t let him take reps from Dez.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn’t think he was limited. He thinks he can play every position and the team just wouldn’t let him take reps from Dez.
He is probably above Dez mentally and obviously has better speed and better deep ball catching ability.

If he strictly compared himself to Dez I can understand the frustration.

Hardline

Reaction score
Witten is still a very productive TE. His numbers prove it. He still gets most of the reps because he is the best TE on this team which would be true with any player at any position.
I do agree we need to seriously look for his replacement and I am not scared to use a high draft pick to do it.
If the Cowboys listened to me a few years back Hunter Henry would be on this team now.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
2017 TDs
Witten 5
Dez 6

He had some injury issues.

He missed games 13, 14, 15.

They targeted him 23 times in 13 games. A big part of his function was to open things up because defenses had to respect his speed and his ability on deeper passes (67% on 20+ yard targets).

The issue is that he was limited in terms of scheme knowledge and route running.

That tells me 2 things, 1. Witten is deadly near the endzone. 2. The 16M dollar man needs to step his game up.