Not my Cowboys

DJ PACE

Reaction score
I am 44 years old and have rooted for our Cowboys for 40 years. This is the first time I can honestly say that I have no interest in watching this team. This team lacks heart and it could care less about the outcome. This team needs to be gutted and start over. I would try to trade everyone for draft picks and rebuild with young talent. We need a young hungry innovative coach who is going to bring in concepts for the new NFL. The sad thing is none of these players are even living up to their overblown contracts and probably can not bring us much in trade value. I don't know what JJs plan is but he built a lemon. This team is cooked.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yeah its kinda tough to watch, mostly because I'm anticipating a major roster turnover for 2021. If this were a young team who had potential to grow id still watch, but this is a group of pro bowl players all over the field who act like they've never heard of football before.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I watch the team during good times and the bad times. I drink a Whiskey drink then I drink a Vodka drink. The team gets knocked down, and they will get up again.

I bleed blue and silver. My main concern in the turn around is to get ready for the next opponent. Dallas has to get the O-line rotation figured out. The team has to start finding success on establishing the run. Heck, through more 9 routes. Try something.

The defense is ready for a break out game. The team has too many studs for them not to dominate an opponent. I just hope it is the stinking Eagles.

Go Dallas!!!

Last edited:

Fontaine

Reaction score
The issue I got, is there’s nothing to cheer for.

The offensive line is completely destroyed, this gives the running game zero chance of success. Passing game is hopeless and any QB who plays is a dead man walking. There’s absolutely no chance for the offense to improve due to situation on the line.

Defense is a total disaster with absolutely no chance of getting better as long as Nolan has the reigns. The pass rush is a joke. Lawrence is a joke, he’s out here collecting a paycheck. Jaylon played good, once. Poe, there’s literally nothing good about him. Griffen has been a massive let down since suiting up. LVE is held together with glue and the secondary is getting blown apart multiple times a game.

Every week I tune in, just knowing they’re going to lose, and why? They can’t fix anything. Where do you start??? If you trade to fix the o line the defense is still the worst in recoded history. If you trade to fix the defense then guess what? Your offense can’t move the ball because they don’t have time to throw and they certainly can’t run block. It’s a lose lose at this point and the entire front office knows it. This year has been mailed in, they’re waiting for the draft.

J817

Reaction score
Yeah its kinda tough to watch, mostly because I'm anticipating a major roster turnover for 2021. If this were a young team who had potential to grow id still watch, but this is a group of pro bowl players all over the field who act like they've never heard of football before.

This is what makes it so difficult to watch. OP stated we should trade players for draft picks, but there aren’t many players on this team that can be traded due to their contracts. Jaylon, Zeke and Amari all have big long contracts that other teams will not want to put in their books. Maybe players like Gallup, LVE (but the injuries hurt his value), Griffen and Aldon Smith can be traded. Only Gallup can potentially garner a 3rd or 2nd round pick.

What makes this team unwatchable is it appears we as fans are stuck with these players for a while and then there is the potential Dak contract that will tie this team down even more. This team needs a very smart GM to get them out of this mess. Not the GM or FO that got them into this mess, and the fact that the Jones family and their merry men will never leave is what makes it hard to watch. It makes it seem like whatever twisted culture that has been implemented in Frisco will never change.

Last edited:

Vanilla2

Reaction score
After not fighting for Dalton and leaving him in the turf, I won't be watching another game. Jerry and his bunch of wooses and wankers can all just piss off.

I watching it all. From the thrilling beginning to the disappointing middle to the disastrous thud of an end. And then I’ll be first in line to lap up Jerry’s swill when the new off season begins. I LOVE IT.

Praxit

Reaction score
...meh, yeah, know how you feel I watched a few plays in 1st qtr. Turned it over to Tampa/Raider game. At least I knew I was getting teams playing for something. I'll always be a Dallas fan, but Jerry Jones story is getting old.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I am 44 years old and have rooted for our Cowboys for 40 years. This is the first time I can honestly say that I have no interest in watching this team. This team lacks heart and it could care less about the outcome. This team needs to be gutted and start over. I would try to trade everyone for draft picks and rebuild with young talent. We need a young hungry innovative coach who is going to bring in concepts for the new NFL. The sad thing is none of these players are even living up to their overblown contracts and probably can not bring us much in trade value. I don't know what JJs plan is but he built a lemon. This team is cooked.

I’ve said all along I didn’t like the players on this team.

I think it’s a roster with talent when healthy but I’m just not a fan of any of these guys besides a few.

They need a Bill Parcells / Tony Romo kind of spark.. They need an electric coach or player in that building.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
I watch the team during good times and the bad times. I drink a Whiskey drink then I drink a Vodka drink.
Sounds like you might not be a fan, but actually an alcoholic. Also, it might not be a temporary drunken stupor but permanent brain damage instead. You might want to schedule a brain scan soon.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Most unlikeable team I've ever seen.

Choir boys of the NFL. Need to be taken out back behind the barn and put down. Old Yeller style.

Darkhound

Reaction score

43 Years old here.. same sentiment...

WHAT concerns me the most (let us not use injuries as excuses)
This team seems soulless, gutless and overall gray.

I fear even if we are a huge sports brand, if this continues no good players will want to come here and waste their careers.
I have no interest in this team now. This is not a bad streak, this is not a bad era... this is blatant, plain and pure stubbornness from a BILLIONARE that cannot understand that one thing is knowing how to do business (which he does) and another being a NFL GM

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After not fighting for Dalton and leaving him in the turf, I won't be watching another game. Jerry and his bunch of wooses and wankers can all just piss off.

They won't play for Dalton and the last 2 games prove it.
They won't come to his defense even after a malicious hit we viewed today.
Politics and greed are choking this team to the ground!
Welcome to the Dak-House.....where all the members get paid the big bucks to beat dog teams only and pad their stats!
They let the fox in the hen-house and then wondered what happened to the chickens????

ESisback

Reaction score
Get back Dak, Jarwin, Smith, Collins, Looney, Martin.

Draft and free agency:
2 DT
2. LB
2 S
2 CB
LT, QB

GMO415

Reaction score
Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Trade Dak. Draft Lawrence and a LT TL.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

Just be happy you got to see them in all their glory...... as did I... There are many here who have never seen them even play in a NFC championship game. Just a lot of mediocre and ineptness.... Ahhhhh yes good times and good memories. And JJ ain't stupid....he knows the recipe for return to greatness, that is to go back to 1989, hire a great GM/HC and get out of his dammmm way... but his ego won't allow him to.

Shane612

Reaction score
This team is created in Jerry's image.
All fluff and no substance.
It's the culture he's created since Jimmy left.
Neither Jimmy, or Bill, would put up with Jerry's football none sense.
But Jerry knows how to make money. That's for damn sure.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
I feel you buddy. I'm 48, and was lucky enough to be in my early 20's when this team was winning Super Bowls. It's been a rough 25 years since those days. I'm at the point where I feel guilty for creating another super fan in my 14 year old son. My wife's family lives in Pittsburgh, he could've been a fan of a winner. But hey, here we are,.. Cowboys fans. I usually yell and curse at the TV, but I'm done w that. I'll continue to watch, but it's more of a morbid curiosity at this point. I'll expect failure, and anything positive will be a welcome surprise. You don't have to stop watching, you just have to stop being emotionally invested. Until next year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry doesnt rebuild, he fixes lol. So none of that will happen, even though it should.
MM was a mistake, so was kellen, and the contracts, but I can enjoy watching them lose and flounder, and be embarrassed, because I know it
bums jerry and his boy out.:p

I have to say I am now displeased with most of the players now, usually it is just a few.
I think this game and the dalton thing will turn off alot of fans, so jerry better get to his fixing lol.