Not one sack given up...

booker

Reaction score
Glenn Carano said:
Relax everyone. You need a voice of reason. While it is a good sign that we gave up no sacks and you have to start somewhere, it's not like Seattle was using their full defensive arsenal and all their blitz packages and so on. Also, our run blocking was pathetic.

Neither were we but look at our sack total.Just sayin:p:

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
You guys notice how Romo would alter his delivery depending on the touch needed. I mean this guy showed poise and maturity beyond a rookie. His stepping up and even scrambeling was perfect when needed. His pocket presence was really good and his check downs were fast and acruate. I think hes a keeper.
Well he has been in the league for some time now, but I was very impressed.:bow:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I guess this was predictable.

"Bledsoe would have had three sacks tonight!"

"Romo deftly avoided the rush!"

Unbelieveable.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Against the best pass rush in the NFL a year ago

Impressive

so is that our OL or is that no bledsoe taking twice the time?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Alexander said:

Unbelieveable.

the point is - variables have changed, alexander. you can't say ZERO sacks is bledsoe would have been in there cause we just don't know.

Iago33

Reaction score
Alexander said:

Unbelieveable.

Um, Alexander...did you watch the game? If you did, how can you say it's unbelievable?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Iago33 said:
Um, Alexander...did you watch the game? If you did, how can you say it's unbelievable?

The "unbelieveable" part is that people are already claiming that Romo did better than Bledsoe would have and so forth.

No matter how intelligent it is to simply take this as a very good game from Romo and leave it at that, people are out to turn this into a controversial topic because they think this shows that Romo is somehow better than Bledsoe.

That's unbelieveable considering this the only game where he has demonstrated anything remotely resembling NFL-caliber talent.

Give it a few more games before we start dousing his head with oils, shall we?

Mansta54

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
You guys notice how Romo would alter his delivery depending on the touch needed. I mean this guy showed poise and maturity beyond a rookie. His stepping up and even scrambeling was perfect when needed. His pocket presence was really good and his check downs were fast and acruate. I think hes a keeper.

He's no rookie!!! He's been in the league 3yrs now. He may not have played in a regular season game but he's been around long enough not to be considered a rookie. I think he's gonna be a good one for us. I like this guy alot..

DBoys

Reaction score
Alexander said:
The "unbelieveable" part is that people are already claiming that Romo did better than Bledsoe would have and so forth.

No matter how intelligent it is to simply take this as a very good game from Romo and leave it at that, people are out to turn this into a controversial topic because they think this shows that Romo is somehow better than Bledsoe.

That's unbelieveable considering this the only game where he has demonstrated anything remotely resembling NFL-caliber talent.

A post in reality how refreshing!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I didnt read through the entire thread but some of the starters on the Seahawk defensive line did not play. Mickey Spagnola mentioned Grant Winstrom and I believe another starter was one of their DTs. Regardless, a non sack game is a non sack game as you can only play against the opposition that suited up.

- Mike G.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:

I don't think it's unrealistic to think another quarterback in the NFL could yield less sacks than Drew Bledsoe... that isn't a "hateful" comment-- that is a true comment. One of his weaknesses is the slowness of his release it's not all that unlikely for another QB to come in and have the team suffer fewer sacks.

Now that being said, could Bledsoe have come in and completed 19 out of 25? Yeah, I think he could of done that.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Ok bledsoe has pocket presence and still has a decent release his problem is what Aikman's problem was at the end of his career. They think they are invincible there fore they hold on to the ball til the last possible second and try and deliver the heroic pass. If anything bledsoe should have the Jim Everett disease happy feet because he gets nailed so much. Unfortunately for Bledsoe he is an old dog and you know what they say about teaching them new tricks.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
jrumann59 said:
Ok bledsoe has pocket presence and still has a decent release his problem is what Aikman's problem was at the end of his career. They think they are invincible there fore they hold on to the ball til the last possible second and try and deliver the heroic pass. If anything bledsoe should have the Jim Everett disease happy feet because he gets nailed so much. Unfortunately for Bledsoe he is an old dog and you know what they say about teaching them new tricks.

The fact that Aikman's brain had been turned to mush by that point may have contributed to this

MONT17

Reaction score
Since I recorded the parts of the game on NFLN I watched those plays about 20 times each already...

the 20 yard pass to GLENN. Columbo missed the delayed blitz by the #51... Romo saw this before he hit his back foot causing him to slip while ducking the grasp of the MLB.

the TD pass to Crayton... was on that play from the CHARGERS game last year where Crayton scored... FLO was playing "PATTY CAKE" with the OLB/DE who was a step away from the sack... ROMOs anticipation made the play!