Not that this would ever happen, but how much would it cost us to cut TO

yimyammer

Reaction score
before next season starts?

What if we keep him on the roster and just never start him? Can we hold him hostage and keep him out of practice and from playing for other teams?

I'M NOT TRYING TO DISCUSS WHETHER THIS COULD OR SHOULD HAPPEN AS I KNOW JERRY WOULD NEVER LET IT OCCUR, IM MERELY CURIOUS ABOUT THE CAP IMPLICATIONS

DarylJohnston

Reaction score
Why would we want to do that?

We can't cut him because we just signed him to an extension. Why would we want to sit him or something?

Don't buy into BSPN and especially don't buy into Ed Werder. The guy hates TO... this whole story is probably 1% truth 99% crap... which is about on par for Werder.

yimyammer

Reaction score
DarylJohnston;2482326 said:
Why would we want to do that?

We can't cut him because we just signed him to an extension. Why would we want to sit him or something?

Don't buy into BSPN and especially don't buy into Ed Werder. The guy hates TO... this whole story is probably 1% truth 99% crap... which is about on par for Werder.

Dang it, that's why I wrote in all caps that my point of making the post was not to discuss whether I want to cut him or whether they should.

I'm merely curious what the cost would be if the worse case scenario were to occur and he was cut. It gives an idea of how long we would be stuck with him if things really unraveled out of control.

Let me say again, I'm not saying they should do this, I'm merely curious what the cost would be if they did.

sago1

Reaction score
We have to keep TO because Jerry signed him to a new 3 year deal which begins after end of this season. As for why we need worry about preventing TO from being signed by another team, does anybody realistically believe any other team would even consider signing TO. The world has seen him create big problems with 2 other QBs and now he's starting on Romo. Don't kid yourself -- no other NFL team would take a chance on TO. The Cowboys are his last chance to play in the NFL and to win a SB; he's toxic for any other team. If TO can't exist with Romo, he can't exist with any other QB or head coach.

Boysboy

Reaction score
sago1;2482375 said:
We have to keep TO because Jerry signed him to a new 3 year deal which begins after end of this season. As for why we need worry about preventing TO from being signed by another team, does anybody realistically believe any other team would even consider signing TO. The world has seen him create big problems with 2 other QBs and now he's starting on Romo. Don't kid yourself -- no other NFL team would take a chance on TO. The Cowboys are his last chance to play in the NFL and to win a SB; he's toxic for any other team. If TO can't exist with Romo, he can't exist with any other QB or head coach.

Commanders? You know how Snyder/Carretta LOVES WRs.

Bills? Ralph Wilson is getting senile and desperate.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
yimyammer;2482292 said:
before next season starts?

What if we keep him on the roster and just never start him? Can we hold him hostage and keep him out of practice and from playing for other teams?

I'M NOT TRYING TO DISCUSS WHETHER THIS COULD OR SHOULD HAPPEN AS I KNOW JERRY WOULD NEVER LET IT OCCUR, IM MERELY CURIOUS ABOUT THE CAP IMPLICATIONS

Adam might know how the bonus money is structured. I know he got in the range of 12.9 million guaranteed over 4 years.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Seriously............

He/She JUST wants to know the cap number.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Big Dakota;2482394 said:
Adam might know how the bonus money is structured. I know he got in the range of 12.9 million guaranteed over 4 years.

Of course, I'm sure there are behavioral clauses in his contract...he screws up, he has to pay back his bonus or whatever.

Just throwing that out, that's all.

yimyammer

Reaction score
sago1;2482375 said:

If we straight out cut him tommorrow, he'd be signed by the end of the day or weekend at worst