Not the follow-up I was hoping for...

CoCo

Reaction score
I think everyone's spirits were buoyed by the big win in Washington Sunday. The team got up off the deck and proclaimed we're not done yet.

Then when the team came back to work on Tuesday...
  1. Miles Austin is out 2 weeks minimum with a knee sprain.
  2. Pacman gets reinstated (maybe ultimately good, maybe distractingly bad)
  3. Felix went from likely to play this week to out for the season.
  4. Newman turns up with a groin pull, might miss time.
  5. TO decides to subtly criticize his OC while Wade, as usual, takes the blame.
I'm not predicting doom and gloom from all this but what I wanted was a quiet week where most of the focus and talk was about trying to get this team back on track. Instead, its been filled with potential distractions, including some of our own doing.

Decleater101

Reaction score
CoCo;2434020 said:
I think everyone's spirits were buoyed by the big win in Washington Sunday. The team got up off the deck and proclaimed we're not done yet.

Then when the team came back to work on Tuesday...
I'm not predicting doom and gloom from all this but what I wanted was a quiet week where most of the focus and talk was about trying to get this team back on track. Instead, its been filled with potential distractions, including some of our own doing.

These are the the stories of "As The Dallas Cowboys Turn".

:cool:

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
CoCo;2434020 said:
In order of importance...

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
PullMyFinger;2434044 said:
WTH is up with Newman's groin sheesh, that's gonna be all season it seems.
The guy seems to always be hurt to me. Thats to bad cause he is one of the best in the league when healthy.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I know injuries are part of the game but I'm starting to get sick of this. Most teams lose players during games and during real physical contact. I don't know what it is with Newman but this guy just can't stay healthy.

It just feels like we have all these big name players with so called exceptional talent who are tissue paper soft and Teams like the Giants and Pittsburgh have the hard nosed consistent type of players that you know are going to give their best every week injured or not.

Neither of those teams create excuses, they create results. There is always some injury or drama garbage every week for Dallas to create excuses for themselves that lead up to underachievement. I have a bad feeling about this San Fran game. I'm really starting to believe a bunch of the events that take place for this team, in the NFL, the refs, are a huge bunch of BS.

This game shouldn't be close but believe me, there will be many reasons why it will be. The Tony Romo pinkie bandage that doesn't allow him to grip 100% and therefore throw a bad pass at any time. The loss of Felix Jones so teams can key into 1 style of running game and shut it down. The eternal off sides of Flozell Adams because suddenly the guy is deaf in 1 ear, a guy who has played for over a decade and this is the first year I've hear this about him.

The "we need to get T.O the ball" approach which won't allow obvious open targets to get the rightful opportunities. The Terence Newman has a bad wheel saga so now we can play man again nor challenge WR's at the line. We'll be playing 7 - 10 yards off again. That will be the excuse for not nailing a limp armed Shaun Hill with 5 to 6 man pass rushes. Our safeties will have to play 15 yards from the line of scrimmage now and that's why we can't stop the run.

Oh the excuses and technical BS reasons for why we can't play good football on game day when we have the 2nd highest payroll in the league and all these "stars". Just seems to be too unperfect to be true around here once it's the last practice before game time. A lot of media orchestration, oodles of hype from the owner, coaches and players during the week with all this supposed passion and determination but during game time none shown at all. Game after game.

Too much money involved in the gambling aspect of this league and it's always the opposite of the norm during game time. I don't bet but I watch the spreads and the over/unders. I see where peoples money is going and it's always the opposite of where their perception and money is going.

The funny thing is, the Dallas games line is never put out the same time as the other lines. Don't believe me, watch after next weeks games are done on Sunday. This week they have to put the Dallas line faster because of Thanksgiving. But after next week you will see. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but the only thing consistent around this team is the drama, injuries, excuses and BS. I'm getting sick of it. I'm positive a lot of fans are too. It's not just Dallas fans either.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQcowboyJR;2434053 said:
The guy seems to always be hurt to me.

AKATheRake;2434073 said:
I don't know what it is with Newman but this guy just can't stay healthy.
I'll never understand where this thinking comes from. Until this year he started 77 or 80 games in his career. That is only missing 3 starts.

TNew's injury likely won't be completely healed until the off season.

Primetime42

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2434073 said:
This game shouldn't be close but believe me, there will be many reasons why it will be. The Tony Romo pinkie bandage that doesn't allow him to grip 100% and therefore throw a bad pass at any time. The loss of Felix Jones so teams can key into 1 style of running game and shut it down. The eternal off sides of Flozell Adams because suddenly the guy is deaf in 1 ear, a guy who has played for over a decade and this is the first year I've hear this about him.
Flozell's been deaf in that ear since he was a kid.

Why do you think someone as big and talented as him fell to the second round?

Also, that evaluation of Newman is BS. He's one of the more hard nosed corners in football.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Sometimes you have nothing but bad luck. It even happens to all of us at some time in our lives.

The team just has to find a way to get to 8-4. Treat every game like a playoff game.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I like the one about the five jewish men who actually run the entire world.

StylisticS

Reaction score
And we're still going to win these next two games and prepare for the next win in the cold in Pittsburgh.