Not trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick was a huge mistake

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I pretty much called for this while he was still a Dolphin.

I think Dallas would even admit this now after watching him in Pittsburgh. He is looking like the next Earl Thomas.

Dallas should've handed their 1 over for him.

They were willing to do it for Adams and IMO Fitzpatrick is just better and can make more of an impact.

Big mistake not going all in on this one and it was a pretty obvious decision looking back on it now to make.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I knew he was great coming out of college and just buried on an irrelevent team. But, nobody expected this level of play. He is the best defensive player in the league right now.

This is where not having a full time GM following the NFL closely really bites us

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I knew he was great coming out of college and just buried on an irrelevent team. But, nobody expected this level of play. He is the best defensive player in the league right now.

This is where not having a full time GM following the NFL closely really bites us

Same.

I did not care what PFF had him graded as or whatever. I knew the kind of player he was coming out of college and only Miami could somehow screw that up.

EST_1986

Reaction score
was thinking this after seeing what he's been doing in Pitt. Easily worth a #1

John813

Reaction score
Dunno what Flores was smoking putting him at every position except FS.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

This type of DB sometimes has a longer learning curve than a box Safety too. The payoff is much higher when they max out though

John813

Reaction score
not only that, they're out of tank mode for some reason

Yea, they looked competent the past two games.

The good thing for them is the team has bought in, but they'll lose the 1st overall.

John813

Reaction score
He was just putting him wherever they needed him most. A foolish way to waste talent.

Odd thing was they moved their career nickel corner, Bobby McCain to FS in the offseason and left Fitz at corner/SS/LB.
McCain is not a good safety lol.

Definitely was a foolish way to waste his talent. And Fitz is single-handily helping Pitt win games, hurting that first round pick they got for him

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Odd thing was they moved their career nickel corner, Bobby McCain to FS in the offseason and left Fitz at corner/SS/LB.

Definitely was a foolish way to waste his talent. And Fitz is single-handily helping Pitt win games, hurting that first round pick they got for him

Minkah has more INTs than our entire team combined (5 vs 4)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

He was one of those players in college that you could see being the next premiere DB.. Like Charles Woodson good.

Miami couldn’t find a position for him.. I guess they tried everything except FS which to me was the obvious choice and now he looks like the best DB in football.

For a 1 we could’ve actually got him too unlike Jamall Adams who isn’t nearly as much of an impact player as Fitzpatrick.

That was our Amari Cooper trade and we missed it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was one of those players in college that you could see being the next premiere DB.. Like Charles Woodson good.

Miami couldn’t find a position for him.. I guess they tried everything except FS which to me was the obvious choice and now he looks like the best DB in football.

For a 1 we could’ve actually got him too unlike Jamall Adams who isn’t nearly as much of an impact player as Fitzpatrick.

That was our Amari Cooper trade and we missed it.

It might just come down to not being able to pay everyone. You gotta go cheap somewhere. The cowboys go cheap at DT, safety, and CB...........which is where the better teams load up. The positions we shouldn't be paying are RB and G, but we've got the best and highest paid at those spots.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The discounting of key positions all over the team just underlines that the Cowboys are not run to actually win anything. Just to be good enough to sell merchandise and tickets.

joseephuss

Reaction score
It would have taken more than a 1st to acquire him. At the time and even now the Steelers 1st round pick is higher than the Cowboys 1st round pick.