Not winning a single game will come back to haunt us

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Not winning a single game with Romo out will come back to haunt this team. We could go 9-7 and still lose the division.

I think this defense played well enough to win at least 3 or 4 games. I think we should re-sign Hardy, but I'm starting to think the window is closing on our offense and our defense. The linebackers haven't panned out, the secondary is as bad as I feared, and the defensive line hasn't come on like I hoped they would.

I can only hope that Romo completely changes the dynamic for both the offense and defense.

We could have easily dominated the NFC this year, and at this rate even if we're perfect, it might not be enough. I feel that should fall on Garrett.

black label

Reaction score
Agree with you 100 percent
Not winning a single game with Romo out will come back to haunt this team. We could go 9-7 and still lose the division.

I think this defense played well enough to win at least 3 or 4 games. I think we should re-sign Hardy, but I'm starting to think the window is closing on our offense and our defense. The linebackers haven't panned out, the secondary is as bad as I feared, and the defensive line hasn't come on like I hoped they would.

I can only hope that Romo completely changes the dynamic for both the offense and defense.

We could have easily dominated the NFC this year, and at this rate even if we're perfect, it might not be enough. I feel that should fall on Garrett.

:hammer:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, have some coffee and do this again. Because......:facepalm:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
thanks for the recap. huge help. the rest of us thought it was going to suck. but your insight really cleared things up. Heres what im sure other people are thinking along with me. Overall was this a good thing, because now we all see the team for what they are and Garrett? Or should the warts stayed covered, win as far as we could go and just never question Garrett or the talent on this team? i am hoping a lot of fans eyes are wide seeing Garrett for who he truly is.

Even if Romo doesnt go down, i had no hopes for the SB anyway. So its no loss for me but a huge gain to say to people "yea i never thought JG was that good, and heres the proof." The injury excuse is over. The "this division sucks" excuse is still being used to help keep believing but lets face it, if the division was good, could JG compete with them? We all know JG wont be fired, maybe others as scapegoats, but most likely not JG. So the big question is "how will next season go?"

So many things went wrong this season, it really forced at lot of us to question more than we thought,

Junglist

Reaction score

It should definitely fall on Garrett. There's absolutely no excuse for 7 in a row. We all thought our defense would be much better, but it really doesn't seem like it. People point out we kept teams to 13 points (or whatever), but the Seahawks offense was terrible, and they kept dropping passes. The defense was good, but I'm not giving them all the credit for that. We still can't make a stop when it matters most.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
It should definitely fall on Garrett. There's absolutely no excuse for 7 in a row. We all thought our defense would be much better, but it really doesn't seem like it. People point out we kept teams to 13 points (or whatever), but the Seahawks offense was terrible, and they kept dropping passes. The defense was good, but I'm not giving them all the credit for that. We still can't make a stop when it matters most.

Hey Tannenhill, nobody asked you! :p

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It will. It would just be fitting for dallas to miss the playoffs by 1 game. Lol

cds99

Reaction score
Coulda, woulda, shoulda, is a thing of the past. Can't change anything now.

Aven8

Reaction score
The sad part is while there is continuity, there is no consistency with this team or staff.

The backers of JG always speak of continuity, but his records speak for itself, average. People also want to compare him to Marvin Lewis and how Cincy stuck with him all these years, yet his teams make the playoffs every year. They may be one and done, but they make it which is what we all want. In fact Cincy is what we should be. A consistent football program that has a chance every year.

This team is just inconsistent, and JG will never build that here IMO.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

This team should have beat the Saints, Hawks, and Bucs....that is what will doom this season.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, they are most certainly not going 9-7.
7-0 ain't happening.
If some how we miraculously win 6 of 7 and 8-8 wins the division by tie-breakers, look out!

Right now, the odds look extremely slim.
The OP is right, we blew it.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Well, they are most certainly not going 9-7.
7-0 ain't happening.
If some how we miraculously win 6 of 7 and 8-8 wins the division by tie-breakers, look out!

Right now, the odds look extremely slim.
The OP is right, we blew it.

bull crap...if the pats can go 9-0, we can go 7-0 or better.