Notes from Skins v Ravens game

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Ok, let's go one by one:

1. You said ST was late on the knockout hit. ST was on the other side of the field, nowhere near the play. AA had inside responsibility on the TE/slot and came over to help just late. McNair and Clayton had a perfectly timed post, just perfect execution and I can't get upset.

2. Brunell was 2/4 for 12 yards. Cooley dropped a 3rd and 2 pass in his chest that would have extended a promising drive. Ladell Betts played great behind a make-shift line. He carried the first team offense last night. He's more than capable as a #2/3 RB.

3. The first team OL (which lacked its two best players - Samuels & Thomas) allowed two sacks. Both of those sacks were allowed by an experimental LT (who didn't pass the test and will be cut) - Spencer Folau.

4. Campbell played great for being on the run all night. His passes were accurate. Two of his three drives were ended by soon-to-be-cut receivers drops past the first down marker. Collins played very well with the third string offense against the third string defense.

5. D played very well last night. McNair's TD drive was stopped on a missed FG. Unfortunately, the special teams had 12 on the field as someone didn't run off the field in time which allowed the drive to continue for a TD.

6. Since when is 5 penalties for 39 yards alot? If I remember correctly, 4 of the 5 were 5 yard penalties and 1 penalty was a 19 yard PI call against a third team DB.

These are the facts, not the garbage in your post!

Just so you know, most of what you wrote was your opinion and not fact. I would go through each of them, but I fear you would still be incapable of discerning fact from opinion. You shouldn't worry, most skins fans have the same problem. Its part of your DNA.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Ok, let's go one by one:

1. You said ST was late on the knockout hit. ST was on the other side of the field, nowhere near the play. AA had inside responsibility on the TE/slot and came over to help just late. McNair and Clayton had a perfectly timed post, just perfect execution and I can't get upset.

2. Brunell was 2/4 for 12 yards. Cooley dropped a 3rd and 2 pass in his chest that would have extended a promising drive. Ladell Betts played great behind a make-shift line. He carried the first team offense last night. He's more than capable as a #2/3 RB.

3. The first team OL (which lacked its two best players - Samuels & Thomas) allowed two sacks. Both of those sacks were allowed by an experimental LT (who didn't pass the test and will be cut) - Spencer Folau.

4. Campbell played great for being on the run all night. His passes were accurate. Two of his three drives were ended by soon-to-be-cut receivers drops past the first down marker. Collins played very well with the third string offense against the third string defense.

5. D played very well last night. McNair's TD drive was stopped on a missed FG. Unfortunately, the special teams had 12 on the field as someone didn't run off the field in time which allowed the drive to continue for a TD.

6. Since when is 5 penalties for 39 yards alot? If I remember correctly, 4 of the 5 were 5 yard penalties and 1 penalty was a 19 yard PI call against a third team DB.

Oh well in that case.... All is well in our Nation's Capital. Nobody is worried...

They're going 19-0.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
:skins:
:dissskin:

ravidubey

Reaction score
Who cares about Washington? In New York, Brandon Jacobs looked like Larry Johnson yesterday, so the depth behind Tiki looks all shored up. Our division is going to be fun to watch this year, but right now I'm concerned about Jacksonville and Flozell Adams getting healthy.

1fisher

Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Ok, let's go one by one:

were you at the game MB......Apparently JJones was....

are you so sensitive that you can't take a little criticism? JJ did give a few props to your team!

don't be so sensitive!!!!!:lmao:

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
MossBurner is correct on alot of what he wrote.

1. Archeluta was the safety that hit Crayton in the endzone. Rogers was beat for the touchdown. Sean Taylor was no where near the play. Yet Archluta also gave up a 30+ yard completion that extended the drive in the very beginning of the drive.

2. Brunell didn't complete only 40% of his passes, although he didn't do throw very much either. Ladell Betts was inconsistent, with a couple of stuffs and a couple of runs of 8-9 yards.

3. A backup LT gave up the sacks for the starters. The rest came aganist Campbell and Collins with backups who seemed to not be able to block grade school kids. The depth on the OL is very thin.

4. Campbell was very accurate, and pretty bold. He forced a couple of throws in-between defenders yet the ball actually hit the recievers right in the numbers. Unfortunately, recievers dropped passes. I counted at least 3 drops.

5. The Ravens first drive on offense was a 3 and out. The second drive was the one they scored on, and got the help of penalties from the special teams, the third ended in a punt. The defense wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either.

6. I don't recall how many penalties their were regardless, ONE penalty is too much for me.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The Commanders looked horrid. Not as bad as last week, of course, but still they looked like an inept team.

Gibbs teams normally don't do well in the preseason, but they at least normally look like they have been practicing. The execution is what's important to see in preseason, not the score... and that being the case, Commander fans should be very worried indeed because their execution has been terrible all preseason long.

Just the fact that Commander fans are predicting records like 12-4 and 14-2 after a preseason like they had, lets us know the extent of their homerism. They're taking it to new heights.

And of course it wouldn't be a Commanders game without someone complaining about the officials. Bubba over at ES complained that the refs were terrible in their 41-0 loss to New England.:laugh2: Oh, that's rich. Once an overwhelming homer for the skins, always an overwhelming homer for the skins.

The skins may do well... but the evidence so far says that they're just not a very good football team right now and that they need to do something about the horrible way they're playing.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
After the two touchdown passes that were dropped, I walked over to him on the sideline and said to him, 'That says to me that you've got something inside you.' "

Hey Joe, are you still talking about football here?

:cool:

YAKUZA

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Ok, let's go one by one:
Lets

MossBurner said:
I never assesed blame i thought it was st, but because i got no replay of the opposing teams td, i asked my skins fan friend and he said he thought it was AA so your right, but does it matter i got the wrong guy whoops who cares!

MossBurner said:
yea it hit him right in the hands, isnt' that the worst also i think it was that drive or the one before it should have been continued but Jansen missed a block after pulling to the left side that i know would have sprung betts for alteast 20. thats just not playing well (dropping passes, and missing blocks)

MossBurner said:
ok two i said i thought it was 3 but i know that there were atleast 5 or 6 sacks allowed on the night, don't get mad about the details man i know for a fact there were pleanty of sacks. Thomas played!!! don't lie to me i was there remember!! or he isnt' number 77 introduced as Randy Thomas dont' tell me what i saw!

MossBurner said:
Collins looked good at times and not so good at times, again this is all opinon i will say that 90 on your team got good pressure against first, and second teamers atleast 3 times and got one sack.

MossBurner said:
they played ok not dominant but ok...shot themselves in the foot on several occasions Mcintosh played well but again (patriots game)#98 your MLB didn't look too good.

MossBurner said:
very bad timing inopportune (sp?) penalties like the one on the Ravens second drive.

MossBurner said:

classless
again it was good talkin to you im glad my facts are right and my opinons just pissed you off! calm down your team played badly (again) and im glad i was there to see it.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Yes he did i saw him.....my friend saw him

he was there man i saw him make a good block second skins drive of the game.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
the only way im wrong is if there is another guy who also wears 77 and plays right guard for you. i saw 77 playing rg.

MossBurner

Reaction score
Joe Sykes DE 77

Randy Thomas was in sweats on the sideline from the beginning of the game.

cowboy4eva

Reaction score
Adam Archuleta showed in that game why his coverage is always questioned. The week before Watson had his way with him as well...

1fisher

Reaction score
MossBurner said:
but if jjones says thomas played, he must be right :p:

so does that mean his other facts are inaccurate?:D or do you want to nitpick one little detail?;)