Twitter: Nothing changes Stephen Jones' mind on Dak as franchise QB

yimyammer

Reaction score
The good news for Dak is now that he's injured the jones clan will be ready to sign his deal, probably gets done before Dak even starts serious rehab

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Lol. Then pay him and fix the damn defense. Stop making excuses like he's taking too much of the pie

John813

Reaction score
Going to be another fun season and offseason regarding Dak.

pansophy

Reaction score
He could have said, we know Dak will be back, but right now we need to move on with Dalton.
To what end? Everyone knows Dalton is in the rest of the season. By the way for those hoping Dalton stays and Dak goes, if Dalton plays well his price is only going up. So it doesn’t do us any favors. There is no downside to sticking with Dak publicly.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To what end? Everyone knows Dalton is in the rest of the season. By the way for those hoping Dalton stays and Dak goes, if Dalton plays well his price is only going up. So it doesn’t do us any favors. There is no downside to sticking with Dak publicly.
I thought you asked, what else could he say? That's what I was answering, did you forget your own question??? Sucks getting old.

InTheZone

Reaction score
the fact that he addresses any of this just tells me they're only saying the right things, but are considering their options. Who in their right mind even acknowledges this if you are 100% convinced he's your guy?

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Lol. Then pay him and fix the damn defense. Stop making excuses like he's taking too much of the pie
Ain’t that the truth! That Dontari Poe needs to get replaced if he can’t step it up. The man is way overweight. I watched him some and the man looks like he is running in slow motion.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

I mean yes, technically, but what’s the point about lying about someone who has just went through a traumatic injury like this? The more he builds this up, the bigger in his face it’s gonna blow up if he doesn’t stick by his words.

A more business reply would be:
We’ll 100% stick by Dak through his injury and assess contracts later.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I bet it won't. I bet you'll have a Wentz/ Foles situation

Well you won't as Dalton is on a 1-year deal and Dak will be a free agent so I doubt Dallas commits possibly $40M+ at the QB position when the salary cap is expected to drop next season due to Covid-19.

Dre11

Reaction score
Well you won't as Dalton is on a 1-year deal and Dak will be a free agent so I doubt Dallas commits possibly $40M+ at the QB position when the salary cap is expected to drop next season due to Covid-19.

they've already made their minds up about Dak, even if he doesn't get 40, he'll het a contract from Dallas before Dalton, whether he wins or not.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
As many times as I see "we like our guys" typed here it seems some forget that when Dak is mentioned.