CFZ Nothing really matters till January and February

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
With that kind of thinking, the 'Boys will be at home watching the playoffs in January and February. Or for some, in Cabo watching.

mldardy

Reaction score
Well…I hear you but you have to make the playoffs first before you can do anything. And this team’s 27 year ongoing history of playoff futility hangs over this team like a monkey on their back.
They're going to make the playoffs. The schedule is set up for at least 10 wins. Unless the Packers, Rams or some other 3-6, 4-6 team goes on some winning streak we aren't missing the playoffs.

Blitzen

Reaction score
If we get in we are a problem.

The NFC is up in the air this season. Any of the teams in the top seven look capable of winning the conference. It’s a diluted league now more than ever. Kinda sad actually-no real mega teams (Kansas City maybe?). Miami? Buffalo seems too dumb to trust. If San Diego could go a few quarters without losing 2-3 of their star players to injury, I could maybe see them.

morat1959

Reaction score
May or may not slip in with 10-7 or 9-8 but really what difference does it make?

kskboys

Reaction score
Offense needs to be traditional run first, second, and possibly third down. No more than 25 pass attempts per game (Mike and Kellen need to sit Dak down and make sure he will not audible into so many pass plays). Dak needs to stay under center for basically every single snap. Spread formation should be taboo. Two tight ends the bulk of the plays. The offense runs more efficiently-and the defense seems to play better. It gives the team a more repeatable identity and reduces the number of turnover inducing plays.

Defense needs much better play recognition and defensive tackle/middle linebacker play to limit the opposing run game (the idea being mentioned about utilizing 3-4 alignment might work if Hankins can play traditional nose tackle and with much better linebacker play-that’s a big ask). Micah looks injured and needs to rest till possible playoff games.

I did not mind the team going for it on fourth down in overtime because of the length of the field goal and the way the ball was carrying to that side of the field. I did mind going for it on your own side of the 50 with the game perfectly in reach (funny enough those resulted in eventual touchdowns but were severely risky).

I don’t fret too much about the regular season because it is filled with fluff and pomp. The regular season is just a prelude to real contenders and pretenders that play in the real season that begins in January. If the Cowboys cannot make it to the NFCCG this postseason, the front office should look to unload every player over 26 that has any value and look to get out of every single contract for those players ASAP starting with the QB.
And nothing matters in January and February if you can't stop the run.

conner01

Reaction score
Football is simple
Step one: get in the playoffs
Step two: win the last game you play
Simple

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Offense needs to be traditional run first, second, and possibly third down. No more than 25 pass attempts per game (Mike and Kellen need to sit Dak down and make sure he will not audible into so many pass plays). Dak needs to stay under center for basically every single snap. Spread formation should be taboo. Two tight ends the bulk of the plays. The offense runs more efficiently-and the defense seems to play better. It gives the team a more repeatable identity and reduces the number of turnover inducing plays.

Defense needs much better play recognition and defensive tackle/middle linebacker play to limit the opposing run game (the idea being mentioned about utilizing 3-4 alignment might work if Hankins can play traditional nose tackle and with much better linebacker play-that’s a big ask). Micah looks injured and needs to rest till possible playoff games.

I did not mind the team going for it on fourth down in overtime because of the length of the field goal and the way the ball was carrying to that side of the field. I did mind going for it on your own side of the 50 with the game perfectly in reach (funny enough those resulted in eventual touchdowns but were severely risky).

I don’t fret too much about the regular season because it is filled with fluff and pomp. The regular season is just a prelude to real contenders and pretenders that play in the real season that begins in January. If the Cowboys cannot make it to the NFCCG this postseason, the front office should look to unload every player over 26 that has any value and look to get out of every single contract for those players ASAP starting with the QB.
Every bit of it matters. Your pathetic theory...is why we never win anything.

If you have to wait this long for it to matter.... you already lost.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Every bit of it matters. Your pathetic theory...is why we never win anything.

If you have to wait this long for it to matter.... you already lost.

You believe the regular season counts the same as the postseason?

GMO415

Reaction score
True, but I realize I have to start enjoying these wins more......

ICP

Reaction score
History says we won't go to the playoffs two years in a row post Jimmy Johnson, I'm inclined to say that continues so January/February won't matter much

Carson

Reaction score
History says we won't go to the playoffs two years in a row post Jimmy Johnson, I'm inclined to say that continues so January/February won't matter much
I can already see it now.

Final game of the season. Dallas @ Washington. Winner gets the final wild card spot

Motorola

Reaction score

Well…I hear you but you have to make the playoffs first before you can do anything. And this team’s 27 year ongoing history of playoff futility hangs over this team like a monkey on their back.
Lose too many times in September, October, and December...a team won't matter in January - just to get the opportunity to play in February.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
So true, then. becomes Giants O coordinator and gets canned

jerry still trying to make up for Jimmy debacle

Gets fired less than 2 years as Giants OC. It only took then that long to figure out that he stunk, but it took Jerry what? A Decade or so? Nobody will give Garrett the time of day now, not even as an assistant. Could be the second most idiotic football thing Jerry ever did.

Zman5

Reaction score

You need to relearn Cowboys history then. We made back-to-back playoffs under Chan Gailey in 1998 and 1999 and also in 2006 and 2007 under Parcells and Wade.

Reactions: ICP

cnuball21

Reaction score
Get in and get hot at the right time.

Hoping we figure out how to stop the run somewhere along the way.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

So in summary, Cowboys fans have nothing to look forward to and nothing will change.....

Blitzen

Reaction score
So in summary, Cowboys fans have nothing to look forward to and nothing will change.....

I’m not sure about this particular season. None of the clubs in the NFC look dominant. Every single possible playoff team looks meh-which makes it a toss up. They could conceivably make it to the Super Bowl to be the sacrificial lamb of a Kansas City.