Notification suggestion

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I went over to Extremeskins and created an account so that I could poke fun at their misery and discovered a neat function they have over there. In the notifications, they have a mod that notifies you when someone responds to your post with a quoted text. They are powered by vBulletin as well, so is there anyway we can get that mod installed over here?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is the mod that is being used there but I cannot confirm.

Quote Notification Mod Version: 1.0.2. The description says that it doesn't work on VB 3.6, but Extremeskins is running on version 4.0.6. so maybe there is some other version available.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Here that is not a default option. However, any user can turn it on personally.

Upper left go to your User CP.

Go to the Edit Options.

In the Messaging & Notification area look at the second interior box.

It should currently say "Do Not Subscribe."

There are 4 other options. Choose the one you think fits what you want best.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, however that's not quite what I'm talking about. Those options are basically automatically subscribing to any thread you make a post in which sends external emails to you whenever anyone post in the thread, regardless if the reply was a direct quoted reply to your message or not.

What I am talking about is a notification the same as a private message which notifies you only when you are quoted. This will be useful so that you can respond without having to go back into every thread you post a message in to see if someone replied directly to you. If you have private message pop ups enabled, you will get that notification immediately.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JonJon;4200548 said:
Thanks for the reply, however that's not quite what I'm talking about. Those options are basically automatically subscribing to any thread you make a post in which sends external emails to you whenever anyone post in the thread, regardless if the reply was a direct quoted reply to your message or not.

What I am talking about is a notification the same as a private message which notifies you only when you are quoted. This will be useful so that you can respond without having to go back into every thread you post a message in to see if someone replied directly to you. If you have private message pop ups enabled, you will get that notification immediately.
Yeah, that is a Mod hack that has some security issues. Most of them do, which is why we do not use them.

We even use an outdated version of vBulletin because it is the safest version.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
That's understandable. Third party mods can be unstable if used incorrectly. Most will run fine on their own, its only when you start stacking mods that you run into issues.