3 Deon Cain*, WR, 6 - 1 #210 Clemson

4 Jamal Peters*, 6-2 #220 CB, Mississippi State

5 B.J. Hill, DT, 6-4 #315 N.C. State

6 Ethan Wolf, TE, 6-5 #260 Tennessee

7 David Bright, G/OT,6-5 #300 Stanford

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Love Malik Jefferson but us spending our top resource on a MIKE linebacker would be Jerry and this FO admitting Jaylon Smith was a mistake.

Jefferson and Watts seriously help our defense though. BJ Hill as well. Great mock.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Jefferson is great but he is best at WOLB. They played him inside last year and he struggled so now he's thriving again playing outside.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I like the idea of re-signing both Irving in Lawrence and adding Da’Ron Payne in the first. Build on a strength. Love the Deon Cain pick .

bodi

Reaction score
Love Malik Jefferson but us spending our top resource on a MIKE linebacker would be Jerry and this FO admitting Jaylon Smith was a mistake.

well I think some one has to see that JS will never be the same - and Lee getting up there and Hichens does not have the speed to cover

bodi

Reaction score
also thought about in the first

Roquon Smith*, ILB/OLB, Georgia
Height: 6-1. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.57.
Projected Round (2018): 1-2.
10/21/17: Scouting sources have been raving about Smith this year, and he has been tremendous for Georgia. Smith had a great game against Notre Dame in Week 2 and has been all over the field for the Bulldogs. The fast and instinctive Smith flies around the field making tackles while also showing the ability to play in pass coverage. He has drawn comparisons to the Buccaneers' Lavonte David and the Falcons' Deion Jones.

Smith has 53 tackles with one sack and two passes batted this season. In 2016, he totaled 95 tackles with five tackles for a loss, one pass breakup and two forced fumbles.

Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia
Height: 6-2. Weight: 240.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2018): 3-5.
10/21/17: Kiser has 63 tackles on the season and has been excellent as a blitzer, notching five sacks thus far.

9/1/17: Over the past two seasons, Kiser has been a tackling machine for Virginia. He had a breakout 2015 season as a sophomore where he totaled 117 tackles with 7.5 sacks, 13 tackles for a loss, three forced fumbles and two passes broken up. In 2016, he managed to increase his tackle production with 134 stops, 10 tackles for a loss, 6.5 sacks, seven passes broken up, five forced fumbles and an interception.

Kiser is a tough run defender who is strong, intelligent, instinctive, and physical in the tackle box. He is not a fast linebacker with sideline-to-sideline speed, however. He also isn't a great athlete and will need a lot of development in pass coverage to be a three-down defender in the NFL. At the next level, Kiser would fit best as an inside linebacker in a 3-4 defense with a fast run-and-chase linebacker next to him. He could be limited to being more of a run-stuffing linebacker for the pro game.

Kendall Joseph*, ILB/OLB, Clemson
Height: 6-0. Weight: 230.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2018): 3-5.
10/21/17: Joseph has 57 tackles with 3.5 tackles for a loss, .5 sacks and a pass broken up thus far this season.

9/1/17: Ben Boulware got a lot of attention, but Joseph was the best linebacker on Clemson's National Championship team. Joseph totaled 108 tackles with 12.5 tackles for a loss, two forced fumbles, 3.5 sacks and one interception on the year. He is a quick, solid and instinctive defender. Scouting sources say that they saw Joseph as the same as Jerome Baker. Both run around blocks more than they take on. They are good players, although not complete or exceptional. Jospeh is a good, solid player with instincts and could play in the NFL in the right system. He is seen as more of a second-day to early third-day prospect

Matthew Thomas, ILB, Florida State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 227.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Projected Round (2018): 2-3.
10/21/17: Thomas has 27 tackles with four tackles for a loss, two sacks and a pass broken up in 2017.

9/1/17: Team sources say that Thomas has a first-round skill set and a lot of upside to develop. In 2016, he totaled 77 tackles with 11 tackles for loss, two passes batted and one forced fumble.

any of these would vastly improve our D

then later I would love to Nick De Luca ILB

Hardline

Reaction score
Jefferson will have to step up his game big time if he's going to be worthy of a first round pick.He hasn't exactly played up to his 5 star recruiting grade yet.

Last edited:

tideh20heel

Reaction score

Jefferson and Watts seriously help our defense though. BJ Hill as well. Great mock.
Is Roquan Smith on the board? If we go LB I️ want that guy!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Is Roquan Smith on the board? If we go LB I️ want that guy!
He's a bit undersized but he's got great speed and instincts.

Adding him would be drafting Sean lee's eventual replacement, which as we saw yesterday, may be a priority.

9664696-ncaa-football-georgia-vs-florida.jpg

bodi

Reaction score
He's a bit undersized but he's got great speed and instincts.

Adding him would be drafting Sean lee's eventual replacement, which as we saw yesterday, may be a priority.

9664696-ncaa-football-georgia-vs-florida.jpg

I think we need to double down on LBERS this year

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think we need to double down on LBERS this year
I think they need to move on from marginal players like Justin Durant and Kyle Wilber. I know they "like" these guys but they don't do much on the field and are just eating cap space and snaps. Free agency does not offer a lot as far as linebackers but rather than spend money on veteran JAG's maybe they can make a run at Jacksonville's Telvin Smith (age 26) and then draft a Malik Jefferson (Texas) Roquan Smith (Georgia), or Tremaine Edwards (Virginia Tech). Adding two LB's not only upgrades the unit, but it allows insurance for Sean Lee's injuries and Jaylon Smith's uncertainty.

Just one of my many concerns about this defense. We need a MLB, a DT(1Tech), a FS with actual ball skills, and a legit #1 CB. I am not an Anthony Brown fan at all but even for those here who support him should be able to admit he should not be covering opposing teams' #1 WR's ;le Julio Jones and ODB.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Just my two cents some six months before the draft.

1. Courtland Sutton WR SMU - big guy, good hands, nice speed, can out jump any DB
My reason is a WR that can demand double coverage like Sutton or Ridley allows Dak more options and quicker options
2. Malik Jefferson LB Texas - fast, good tackler, difference maker and could jump down to DE some
My reason is to start grooming Lee's replacement, sweet dream would be Lee, Smith and Jefferson as the starters, we resign Hitchens for sure though
3. Larry Allen OG Harvard - sure small school but so was his father, would start immediately at LG
My reason is he will be the mirror image of his father for the next 12 years, the kid has loads of talent and makes our line better
3. Desmond Harrison OT West Georgia - a comp pick and had his problems at UT but appears to be a better person now, great length and size
My reason is a quality backup for Smith and if the injuries persist maybe even Smith's replacement, other solutions for sure jmo on what needed more
4. Godwin Igwebuike S Northwestern - don't see Heath next year and IMO, this kid could be the best safety we have had in 20 years
My reason is this is a far better and faster Bill Bates with the same passion and attitude, this kid can be the QB of the defense
4. Vita Vea DT Washington - huge guy, great quickness, plugs the gaps, great length and quickness
My reason is a plugger for the run game and rotates with Irving and Collins, big guy needed
5. Jamal Peters CB Mississippi State - flying a bit under the radar but good size corner
My reason is with Lewis and Awuzie, then you have a quality big corner

There are a number of DE that I thought would be good but unless someone falls to where the Boys draft they probably draft an unknown in the last two rounds and possibly point to Nick Bosa in the 2019 draft. Besides whether we like it or not Randy Gregory will be back and it will be a question mark ride to see how that plays out. If Gregory has cleaned up his act and can bring the speed he showed at Nebraska then our DL will be the best we have had in many years. We also will get to see if Tapper can stay healthy and contribute.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
4. Vita Vea DT Washington - huge guy, great quickness, plugs the gaps, great length and quickness
My reason is a plugger for the run game and rotates with Irving and Collins, big guy needed

Will go much higher than late 4th round.

Aven8

Reaction score

If they pull this crap because of Jaylon then they are more foolish than I already thought!