Now I Know Who Choice Reminds Me Of

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Ron Springs.

He runs hard in the lanes and Springs was great on screens. I have a feeling Choice will be as well. I like how he uses his hands to frame the ball and bring into tuck.

I was trying to think of who he reminds me of since last week. Then I was flipping through my games DVD and I saw the one for Staubach's last game, the amazing comeback against the Commanders.

In that game Springs filled in for an injured Tony Dorsett and was a weapon on Offense in the running game and the passing game. He was just a rookie too.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Hostile;2497375 said:
Ron Springs.

He runs hard in the lanes and Springs was great on screens. I have a feeling Choice will be as well. I like how he uses his hands to frame the ball and bring into tuck.

I was trying to think of who he reminds me of since last week. Then I was flipping through my games DVD and I saw the one for Staubach's last game, the amazing comeback against the Commanders.

In that game Springs filled in for an injured Tony Dorsett and was a weapon on Offense in the running game and the passing game. He was just a rookie too.

He kind of does. He also reminds me of the guy from Buffalo -- Thurman (?)Thomas.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Yeah, I definitely can see that comparison. Same body type, even looks like him a bit. Good comparison. Springs was a really good player for us. One of my favorites during those years.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Zimmy Lives;2497392 said:
He kind of does. He also reminds me of the guy from Buffalo -- Thurman (?)Thomas.

Not he one who fumble all the time and coun't win the big game:)

newlander

Reaction score
Ron Springs and Thurman Thomas.....not bad company at all. BTW Hos...how is Ron doing lately? I haven't heard a word, and with xmas coming up....just wondering I guess.

zack

Reaction score
Hostile;2497375 said:
Ron Springs.

That TD run reminds me of ole #22

Bizwah

Reaction score
Springs was a jack-of-all-trades. I remember he played FB for a while.

We're fortunate that Choice fell to us. We lucked into Choice and Barber both. Choice was having a great SR year before an injury sidelined him the last few games.

Folks have knocked his lack of speed. But he sure looks quick and fast to me.

newlander

Reaction score
I agree zack, when TC hits that hole...well sometimes it seems like Emmitt busting it up the gut for six. Gets my juices flowing again...nothing against MBthree or Felix, but Choice has "it". The vision, quickness and ability to find a crease and bust it. Can't wait for the next game............

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
newlander;2497403 said:
Ron Springs and Thurman Thomas.....not bad company at all. BTW Hos...how is Ron doing lately? I haven't heard a word, and with xmas coming up....just wondering I guess.
His condition has not changed. He does open his eyes now and then, but he cannot respond in any way.

rathalarge

Reaction score
Ron Springs is one of my all time favorite Cowboys! I used to love it when he'd catch those screen passes for big yardage, especially against those 'Skins!!

burntricersx

Reaction score
once felix gets healthy, we'll have our own version of Earth Wind and Fire...but it'll be better. Ohhhhh yeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhh!

:starspin

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Sadly, he'll probably never see Choice play.

http://img242.*************/img242/6174/001350634si0.jpg

newlander

Reaction score
I'm very sad to hear that Hos. I'll absolutely say a prayer for him tonight.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Many 2008 mocks, in fact most of them, had us going WR and CB in the 1st round and taking Tashard Choice in the 2nd. The WR and CB would always differ but Choice was always the RB. Some things are meant to be.

At the time, I didn't want Choice in the 2nd. I did however think he was a steal in the 4th once we drafted him. Looking back I would have taken him in the 1st round. Great talent and looks like a great person. I really like the players from our 2008 draft.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y188/thehoofbite/Untitled-1-1.jpg

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I was listening to Talkin Cowboys today and Rob said he reminded him of Julius in his first year but with better vision. Hopefully he doesn't go and get turned into a robot like Julius.