Now is the time to escape this coach and clean house

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
We've endured Garret FAR FAR longer than we should have ...one season ...in which Lineman and Marinelli masterfully constructed does not earn Garrett a right of return.

He didn't get it done as a playcaller, as a HC & OC or as a HC AFTER he was DEMOTED as a the OC.

Nice guy but like our QB, not a winner.

Sweep this whole regime out and go get me Urban Meyer/ Saban, something along those lines.

We need juice, you wanna win with Romo? well then you need the coach to get him over the hump - not a clown who game plans away from Dez is the biggest games of the year.

And do not think this isn't possible, like I'm just throwing this out there, JJ has had all season to sign him - don't think he isn't thinking about certain things.

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
This guy is lost. I don't express my opinions near enough but he would have us fire the head coach who took us to the playoffs with a 12-4 record and won a playoff game?? I'm upset but overall I'm ecstatic about our year, our players and our coaches

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've endured Garret FAR FAR longer than we should have ...one season ...in which Lineman and Marinelli masterfully constructed does not earn Garrett a right of return.

He didn't get it done as a playcaller, as a HC & OC or as a HC AFTER he was DEMOTED as a the OC.

Nice guy but like our QB, not a winner.

Sweep this whole regime out and go get me Urban Meyer/ Saban, something along those lines.

We need juice, you wanna win with Romo? well then you need the coach to get him over the hump - not a clown who game plans away from Dez is the biggest games of the year.

And do not think this isn't possible, like I'm just throwing this out there, JJ has had all season to sign him - don't think he isn't thinking about certain things.

You gift Linehan credit for the season, but blame Garrett for not using Dez in the biggest games. Brilliant.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Yeah right. You don't change coaches until romo is gone. That would just set romo back trying to learn another system. Stay the course, add some pieces on defense and give it another try next year. Go all in. Tony probably only has 1 more great year left.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Believe me, I was never a fan of Garrett but it is too late in Romo's career to change head coaches and install a whole new offensive system. Jason and Tony are going to have to ride this one out together. When Garrett gets his extension, take a look about three years down the road when Romo is finished. Make a HC change then if need be and start fresh.

Boyz981

Reaction score
These threads are always interesting!! I will hang up and listen.... carry on! :popcorn:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I'm not a JG fan but based on what just happened I'd give him a 3 year deal. Anything else is too long. It allows for Jerry to see if the winning trend continues without breaking the bank and if it does continue you can always extend. As I've said all along this insures you don't have a Kubiak deal where the coordinator WAS the difference for two years and then the bottom fell out.

romothesavior

Reaction score
Man you are on a roll with your terrible threads. And I don't even like Garrett.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
red did a great job this year. cmon man. 12-4 and a divisional loss that was ALMOST a win. we aren't quite there yet. we need to fix defense.

Romo's back will get stronger as the team ages? I'm just messing w/ya bc that is the only thing that doesn't allow me remain optimistic that the same potential is there next season. We won some close games but lack firepower on O (speed) and talent on D. If Romo can replicate this season (not likely but hopeful) than this team looks great looking forward. This is why I never gave credit to JG for "rebuilding" the roster. You haven't rebuilt anything without a surefire franchise QB looking forward and lagging talent on Defense. Romo can barely get through games without Frankenstein medical methods.