Now taking sig bets from all Aggies, Sooners, and any other UT haters

Roughneck

Reaction score
Looking back over the Board, y'all seemed pretty cocky before the game and also during the game before Vince led us to our game-winning TD. Which must mean that y'all are really confident in your own team's ability to beat Texas, right?

So, I'm offering a sig bet to anyone who wants to wager on a Texas Game for the rest of the 2005 Season. You win and you get a sig of your choosing (ex: tu = choke), accompanied with a disgracing picture on all of my posts for a month. I win and I get a sig of my choosing (ex: That's 6 in a row aggies), accompanied with a disgracing picture on all of your posts for a month. This isn't anything new, we actually did the same thing last year when HH had to sport around an awesome "Texas is my Daddy" sig for a month. Good times.

I know at least one of you are interested. Remember this is a Mack Brown ("Can't win a Big Game") and a Vince Young ("Can't throw to save his life") led Football team. Surely your team can beat these habitual underachievers, right?

:D

Roughneck

Reaction score
Dallas said:
Ill take USC over Texas in the NC game.
God how I would love to be able to make that sig bet. Even if that game were to happen though, that'd still be a pretty tough sig bet to make. For as good as I think Texas is, I still think USC would probably beat us by about 21-24.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Dallas said:
Ill take USC over Texas in the NC game.

You think Texas will make it? And even so, picking USC isn't exactly a bold statement. USC could be a few NFL teams probably. lol

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Rack said:
You think Texas will make it? And even so, picking USC isn't exactly a bold statement. USC could be a few NFL teams probably. lol

They have a shot. How they played OSU lastnight said alot. They never gave up like they have in the past. They have a tough road ahead of them. I hope the Horn fans dont think its going to be some walk in the park to the NC game. I see Tech giving Mack fits and A&M. I dont know about OU yet. We are having a circus at QB. Everything else seems to be progressing. We shall see.

Roughneck

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I'll take some of that

A&M will beat tu, I've said it from January 1st on
Sweet, we have a taker. Should make T+1 all the more fun.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
haha....two games in and an ou fan already conceeds us the national title game.

i love it.

Notice how I say you get trounced at the same time?

You really are trying to bait me. Enjoy posting from your living room I suspect. :p:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Rack said:
Texas has one of the fastest defenses you'll ever see. that whole team kinda reminds of the old jimmy johnson-era miami hurricane squads. to a man, they can flat out blaze. if it plays out - they will give USC all they can handle... and then some.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
Virginia Tech 31 USC 24 in the Rose Bowl

VTech will never see the Rose Bowl this year. They had there shot, it's gone. In order for them to play USC, or Texas (Hello!), Miami, LSU, Penn St. and maybe even Bama and Notre Dame would have to lose. Not gone happen.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think USC is soft against the run, inside. I also think that they have trouble covering the long ball. I don't see Texas being intimidated. I don't think it will be another OU/SC debacle. I think it would be a good game.

jay cee

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I think USC is soft against the run, inside. I also think that they have trouble covering the long ball. I don't see Texas being intimidated. I don't think it will be another OU/SC debacle. I think it would be a good game.
I think UT, will have to make sure they don't fall more than a couple of scores behind early.

A lot of times, it seems these games become blowouts when the more experienced big game team can get that big early lead.

IMO, last years Rose Bowl game has had a huge impact on the UT player's confidence. If this game is close going into the last quarter, I think they will be able to play with confidence and have a chance to pull it out.

On the other hand, even if USC falls behind by a couple of scores, I still don't think it will shake their confidence. So UT will have to keep the pedal to the metal if they can get the lead and not try to play it safe.

Of course this all hinges on both teams winning out in order to get to the NC game.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
jay cee said:
I think UT, will have to make sure they don't fall more than a couple of scores behind early.

A lot of times, it seems these games become blowouts when the more experienced big game team can get that big early lead.

IMO, last years Rose Bowl game has had a huge impact on the UT player's confidence. If this game is close going into the last quarter, I think they will be able to play with confidence and have a chance to pull it out.

On the other hand, even if USC falls behind by a couple of scores, I still don't think it will shake their confidence. So UT will have to keep the pedal to the metal if they can get the lead and not try to play it safe.

Of course this all hinges on both teams winning out in order to get to the NC game.

Possibly, but I don't see it. UT has actually done well coming from behind. They did it against Ohio State and OKST. They did it against Michigan last year and and again with Oklahoma State in Stillwater. I don't see Texas shaking like that. Young doesn't seem to get all that rattled. I think that if either team got behind by a significant margin, it would impact play. When SC falls behind, they can't use Bush and White to control clock. That's a big part of there offense. When it comes down to it, I think it would be a good match up.

jay cee

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Possibly, but I don't see it. UT has actually done well coming from behind. They did it against Ohio State and OKST. They did it against Michigan last year and and again with Oklahoma State in Stillwater. I don't see Texas shaking like that. Young doesn't seem to get all that rattled. I think that if either team got behind by a significant margin, it would impact play. When SC falls behind, they can't use Bush and White to control clock. That's a big part of there offense. When it comes down to it, I think it would be a good match up.
Yeah, I think it could be a great game also. Although, I'm hoping for a UT blowout victory.

I would love to see it decided by the 3rd quarter, so I can just sit back and enjoy it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
jay cee said:
Yeah, I think it could be a great game also. Although, I'm hoping for a UT blowout victory.

I would love to see it decided by the 3rd quarter, so I can just sit back and enjoy it.

USC is a great team. Would be nice to be able to see the game secure by the third but I don't see it. In truth, I almost hope for a ND type game. Last minute kind of thing where UT comes out ahead, of course.

;)