Now that this playoff is out of the way, Did anyone seriously think

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
(Some valid and accurate truths and insightful observations from the 50,000-watt tower of power from Farmers Branch, where Dixie flies proudly and most of our adults have all their teeth.)

...That this team was fit for the playoffs?

C'mon, really. This team with its porous secondary and lack of pass rush and dismal special teams play was gonna beat anyone?

Listen. We could not beat the Seattle Seahawks. The hawks with no secondary. Hawks with an ability to lose games left and right. A team that most rated as almost an average team.
Like the Lions.

Now it seems the offense could not get in sync and ram the ball with Jones/Barber.
A team that could only score 13 points (exclusive of Austin's TD) against this sorry ash team in Seattle?
A team that did not have enough sense to pass all night against a patchwork secondary of the Hawks?

Anyone who thought we could go into the second round is deeply confused. Deluded even.

Now.
This team is loaded with talent.
All we need is a coach who can put it all together.

The problem is if Parcells goes, it will take 2-3 years for the new coach to put it all together.
If we keep Parcells, it will be more of the same next year.
Lots of talent, very little coaching know-how.

Quite the dilemma.

I wish Jerra well. He will need to keep Parcells and get a consultant who will help pick an offensive and defensive coordinators. Cause the ones we have now are not doing it.

Or better yet, give Zimmer free reign/rein without micromanagement from Parcells, who has seen better coaching years.

My Cowboys lost because the coaching sucked.

I hope we can build on the talent we have.

:star::star::star::star::star:

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I love how its all parcells fault ot some of you guys
how bout zimmer doesnt know jack about the 3-4 and thats why the defense sucked?
nope parcells must micro managed it and told them all to suck it up.

cowboys19

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1298639 said:
...That this team was fit for the playoffs?

C'mon, really. This team with its porous secondary and lack of pass rush and dismal special teams play was gonna beat anyone?

Listen. We could not beat the Seattle Seahawks. no secondary. an ability to lose games left and right. A team that most rated as almost an average team.
Like the lions.

Now it seems the offense could not get in sync and ram the ball with Jones/Barber.
A team that could only score 13 points (exclusive of Austin's TD) against this sorry ash team in Seattle?
A team that did not have enough sense to pass all night against a patchwork secondary of the Hawks?

Anyone who thought we could go into the second round is deeply confused. Deluded even.

Now.
This team is loaded with talent.
All we need is a coach who can put it all together.

The problem is if Parcells goes, it will take 2-3 years for the new coach to put it all together.
If we keep Parcells, it will be more of the same next year.
Lots of talent, very little coaching know-how.

Quite the dilemma.

I wish Jerra well. He will need to keep Parcells and get a consultant who will help pick an offensive and defensive coordinators. Cause the ones we have now are not doing it.

Or better yet, give Zimmer free reign/rein without micromanagement from Parcells, who has seen better coaching years.

My Cowboys lost because the coaching sucked.

I hope we can build on the talent we have.

:star::star::star::star::star:

One reason we didnt attack their secondary IMPO is because we have a inexperienced QB, and lately he was making some bad decisions.

Romo managed the game well form a QB standpoint, and with our D playing decent thats all you could ask for.

Unfortunately he was also a holder on special teams, and he ruined a good day of game management passing from him.

Its too bad, he really played a pretty smart game

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
stealth;1298641 said:
how bout zimmer doesnt know jack about the 3-4 and thats why the defense sucked?

If I can decipher them I will get back to you.:eek:
Yes, Parcells (if i read your post correctly) did stink it up.
When you have that much talent and you can't motivate your players or give them direction, it is the HC's fault.
But, again, I am only guessing because your post is not too clear.
Have a great evening, my brother from another mother.:D

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1298671 said:
If I can decipher them I will get back to you.:eek:
Yes, Parcells (if i read your post correctly) did stink it up.
When you have that much talent and you can't motivate your players or give them direction, it is the HC's fault.
But, again, I am only guessing because your post is not too clear.
Have a great evening, my brother from another mother.:D

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

here you go

Why on earth do you point the finger at parcells' micro managing the defense when you have zero facts to back it up? The players seemed motivated to me they just made mental errors out the butt. who shoulda been coaching them?

clear enough for you bro?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stealth;1298641 said:

How about the fact that Parcells CHOSE to keep Zimmer who had no previous 3-4 experience?

If you're going to change defenses over from a 4-3 to a 3-4, why do you choose a DC who has absolutely no experience with the 3-4-?????

It's not all Parcells fault, no - but he is FAR from blameless.