Now the Biggest Question: KMO, Dak, or MM?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
When you call the run more often it has more opportunity to be successful and impact the passing game. Funny how that works.

What many have been saying is the reason Dak was successful in 2016 was because of a balanced offense. However, every year thereafter Dak's passing attempts have gone through the roof and stats prove that when Dak throws a lot Dallas does not win very much.

In today's game Dallas employed a balanced offense that saw them rush 27 times for a 4 ypc average while passing 31 times (61.3% Comp %) for a 7.6 ypp average. The week prior saw Dak throw 29 times (less than a 50% Comp %) for a 4.6 ypp average while they ran 18 times for a 3.9 ypc average.

While Dak may think he can throw a lot, the Dallas offense works best when balanced.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
They’re all the problem.

Prescott is good enough to win games but not good enough to carry a team. Maybe he could win a ring with an awesome HC.

McCarthy is good enough to win some games but not good enough to outcoach the best of coaches. Maybe he could win a ring with an awesome QB (like he did with Rodgers).

In the end. we have average to slightly above average guys at HC and QB. And in this NFL, you need either an elite QB or excellent playcaller to win championships.

Big D

Reaction score
What many have been saying is the reason Dak was successful in 2016 was because of a balanced offense. However, every year thereafter Dak's passing attempts have gone through the roof and stats prove that when Dak throws a lot Dallas does not win very much.

In today's game Dallas employed a balanced offense that saw them rush 27 times for a 4 ypc average while passing 31 times (61.3% Comp %) for a 7.6 ypp average. The week prior saw Dak throw 29 times (less than a 50% Comp %) for a 4.6 ypp average while they ran 18 times for a 3.9 ypc average.

While Dak may think he can throw a lot, the Dallas offense works best when balanced.
If you look back at Romo's best season it's the same thing. What gets me is that I see it, You see it. What's our coaching staffs excuse?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Which one is the biggest problem on O?

Hey, it's just one game, way too soon to conclude anything, but it's just funny that Coop found open receivers all day and Dak couldn't. Suddenly we were able to run the ball. Why?

They were motioning more in this game. And not just running between the tackles.

They stepped out of their element, yet stuck with the same basic game plan. Just a few new tweaks and wrinkles to their approach, and the timing stuff. The silent count, hard count, etc. went a long way.

On the other side of the ball, the defense looked disciplined and penalties overall were down substantially.

But I think that referee crew was the same crew we had in practices.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
KellMo. His game plans are vanilla and just down right horrible.
I still don't understand why this proud franchise has an offensive coordinator who is learning on the job.
If we had decent coaching on offense, and this team is playoff bound and farther with Quinn's defense.
MM is simply a figurehead. He doesn't have enough power to even factor into the discussion of who is the biggest problem.
Dak is just a symptom. Until he gets a great coordinator, he'll be what he is.
Because that's what Jerry does !
Remember OJT Garrett!
Drives me crazy.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don't think he is better...but I really do think it's a lot closer then most fans realize. That throw Cooper threw to Brown on the crossing route in the first drive that he threw before Brown was even open was a throw Dak just doesn't throw.

Thats was behind him, Rush mad much better throws this game...what he cant do is drive a ball downfield..no 10+ yard throw was on target..Now if we can win as a team with a 570k QB lets do this....but that wasnt the TB defense

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Which one is the biggest problem on O?

Hey, it's just one game, way too soon to conclude anything, but it's just funny that Coop found open receivers all day and Dak couldn't. Suddenly we were able to run the ball. Why?
The OL blocked this week and it did not last week as Tampa Bay proved against the Saints they have an elite defense and the Cowboys are as usual mediocre to below average.

They had it in them to get the win today. As the OL gave up only 1 sack and the defense played lights out again, Dak would have won the game at QB. Many teams have won Super Bowls without a franchise QB. However, the QB was surrounded by franchise players. Dak needs franchise players to win. He is basically Trent Dilfer and needs the 2K rusher, and Ravens Super Bowl defense to win. Don't get fooled by Cooper Rush. This team knew it had to play up to their individual franchise talents to get a win with Cooper at QB. The coaching staff knew they had to really coach to win with Cooper at QB. They need to do the same with Dak and QB. Because Dak is not going to throw you to a NFC game or Super Bowl. So work as hard as you did this week for next week. Don't drink the Cooper Rush Kool Aid like you have been drinking the Dak Prescott Franchise QB kool aid.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Thats was behind him, Rush mad much better throws this game...what he cant do is drive a ball downfield..no 10+ yard throw was on target..Now if we can win as a team with a 570k QB lets do this....but that wasnt the TB defense

You are thinking of a different throw. I'm talking about when he threw it to the left side of the field. Not the 4th down play. He basically just threw it to where he knew Brown was going to be. I don't think Dak has ever made that throw. He usually waits for eye contact with his wide outs.

It was about a 20 yard gain that he threw well beyond 10+

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Kellen started good with the first 15-20 scripted plays. He used motion, misdirection, and had Rush under center.

Then he reverted to same old boring slop. Shotgun, little motion, no misdirection, and run, run, pass.

He has some ability, but no feel for calling a game.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
First off, congrats to Rush. He deserves a lot of credit, just not all of it.

Today the offensive line was so much better, there was a better balance of runs and passes (at least through the half), and even though penalties remained a problem there were none that wiped out any huge gains, etc..

Overall I think the problem in the past, as it is now, is Kellen Moore. Even when he has a great gameplan like today, he fails to adjust and gets away from what is working.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol..again diferent defense but yeah if you think Rush is a better NFL QB, bet your house on it.
The frog is upset and sad.:(
Oh froggy we won man and our QB scored some TD and stood tall at clutch time to win the game!
Be happy sad froggy Cowboys WIN!!!

irving

Reaction score
lol..again diferent defense but yeah if you think Rush is a better NFL QB, bet your house on it.[/ Your spot on, that Bengal team isn’t close to being the Buccaneers, fact is the Cowboys were better than the Bengals. Some posters on this site overrated the Bengals, Burrow is what makes the Bengals tick. A quarterback alone does not make a team.