Now THIS, is an offseason plan!

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
You only get a certain window of opportunity. Ours is NOW! Having said that you also have to keep an eye toward the future concerning salary cap considerations among other things.

Pagano to coach Linebackers, Dennis Thurman to coach the d.bs. Everywhere Thurman has went that team picks off alot of passes, expect the same in Dallas with the type of passrush we can field in 08. The return of THURMANS THIEVES.

Freeagency........Karlos Dansby and Randall Gay. Yes I believe Dansby can play inside in the Phillips 3-4. Think he adds POP and big play ability to the defense, along with the ability to bring another passrusher. Akin is a JAG at this point. Needs to be cut. Gay comes at a modest price and also brings with him 3-4 background from a topnotch organization with a commitment to winning. BIG upgrade to Reeves.

I also tender Barber and Canty. Those are base type players, core guys you can build a team around. I resign Hamlin as soon as possible. Now Flo, he is the big question mark IMO. Sure, Id LOVE to keep the guy. Imo you ask him to play at a reasonable salary, if he wants to be a part of a superbowl contending team. If he does....GREAT. If he doesnt we move on and take our chances with Doug Free and sign a 2nd tier guy as a hedge .

Draft...........1A...C.B.Mckelvin, Talib, Cason, whoever is there at 22. 1b.......Felix Jones r.b. Perfect compliment to Barber. Brings much needed speed. 2nd round pick AND Patrick Crayton to Det for W.R Roy Williams. Round 3.........Guard...Heath Benedict "this guy is going to be a monster. Round 4....w.r Keenan Burton.

And Yeah yeah, I know, Madden and all. But I really do think all this is doable without blowing our cap. We have added much needed speed, 2 d.bs, and bigtime teeth to our defense in Dansby. Gay brings experience in the slot. To me anyway, this is far and away superior to blowing our draft on Mcfadden.

xpistofer

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed;1929476 said:
You only get a certain window of opportunity. Ours is NOW! Having said that you also have to keep an eye toward the future concerning salary cap considerations among other things.

Pagano to coach Linebackers, Dennis Thurman to coach the d.bs. Everywhere Thurman has went that team picks off alot of passes, expect the same in Dallas with the type of passrush we can field in 08. The return of THURMANS THIEVES.

Freeagency........Karlos Dansby and Randall Gay. Yes I believe Dansby can play inside in the Phillips 3-4. Think he adds POP and big play ability to the defense, along with the ability to bring another passrusher. Akin is a JAG at this point. Needs to be cut. Gay comes at a modest price and also brings with him 3-4 background from a topnotch organization with a commitment to winning. BIG upgrade to Reeves.

I also tender Barber and Canty. Those are base type players, core guys you can build a team around. I resign Hamlin as soon as possible. Now Flo, he is the big question mark IMO. Sure, Id LOVE to keep the guy. Imo you ask him to play at a reasonable salary, if he wants to be a part of a superbowl contending team. If he does....GREAT. If he doesnt we move on and take our chances with Doug Free and sign a 2nd tier guy as a hedge .

Draft...........1A...C.B.Mckelvin, Talib, Cason, whoever is there at 22. 1b.......Felix Jones r.b. Perfect compliment to Barber. Brings much needed speed. 2nd round pick AND Patrick Crayton to Det for W.R Roy Williams. Round 3.........Guard...Heath Benedict "this guy is going to be a monster. Round 4....w.r Keenan Burton.

And Yeah yeah, I know, Madden and all. But I really do think all this is doable without blowing our cap. We have added much needed speed, 2 d.bs, and bigtime teeth to our defense in Dansby. Gay brings experience in the slot. To me anyway, this is far and away superior to blowing our draft on Mcfadden.

so let me get this straight...

you are going to upgrade our coaching, improve our LB and CB depth, draft a stud CB, a (near) stud RB, and trade for a stud WR....

nice plan...and it is actually very feasible...and leaves us with only one weak spot (sorry RW #38)...

in best Jason Witten voice, "sounds good"...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Do you have some compromising pics of a Ravens high up that could be used in brokering Thurmans release from his contract?

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
I hate these rumors of trading both our first rounders AND Barber to miami so we can pick D mac. Wayyyyyy too much. Right now these Cowboys remind me alot of those early 90's Buffulo Bills teams. BIGTIME playmaking ability, not enuff tuffness. Thats why our Cowboys teams were able to beat them. We need to change that before 08. This team needs all the Marion Barbers it can get, not less of them. Trading Marion to Miami is a HORRIFIC idea. You win by having talent, AND BALLS. The electricity and tuffness Marion brings to the team is invaluable imo. Were close, no need to blow it now.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
xpistofer;1929492 said:
so let me get this straight...

you are going to upgrade our coaching, improve our LB and CB depth, draft a stud CB, a (near) stud RB, and trade for a stud WR....

nice plan...and it is actually very feasible...and leaves us with only one weak spot (sorry RW #38)...

in best Jason Witten voice, "sounds good"...
............As much as I hate to say it. Roy becomes a 1st down guy this year. MAYBE more if he can reprove himself. 09 he goes BYE BYE..........

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

100% improvement I've seen over 99% of the nonsense that's been posted around here, no Madden emoticons from this Caballero.:bravo:

Very realistic and I could live with it. The 1st "Gay" jersey I see will make me :lmao2: my arse off but as long as we upgrade all is good.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
actually sounds pretty reasonable, although i think Dansby is too expensive and they'll go mostly with what they have.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
ELDudearino;1929510 said:
100% improvement I've seen over 99% of the nonsense that's been posted around here, no Madden emoticons from this Caballero.:bravo:

Very realistic and I could live with it. The 1st "Gay" jersey I see will make me :lmao2: my arse off but as long as we upgrade all is good.
......................Thankyou very much. If anybody ever knew the amount of time I put in "thinking cowboys" they would have me commited!...LOL It really is true. THERE IS NO OFFSEASON!

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
The other idea I had concerning our inside linebacker spot was RAY LEWIS believe it or not. His demeanor and experience would bring a WHOLE LOT OF NASTY to this defense. Not concerned either about his dislike for the 3-4. Wade plays a 1 gap, shouldnt be a problem. Ive read that there is a good probability he is going to be waived this year. Think he could hold the line for 2 years while another suitable replacement is groomed. Boy,....you can sure tell its been awhile between superbowls. It even amazes ME, that I would even consider a guy like Lewis. ON field he's great, but off field, well, you know, the whole MURDER deal in atlanta just kinda turns me off somewhat...LOL Nawww, on second thought, he's a bad idea, once you sell your soul to the devil like that just to get a ring you can never go back..

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed;1929533 said:
The other idea I had concerning our inside linebacker spot was RAY LEWIS believe it or not. His demeanor and experience would bring a WHOLE LOT OF NASTY to this defense. Not concerned either about his dislike for the 3-4. Wade plays a 1 gap, shouldnt be a problem. Ive read that there is a good probability he is going to be waived this year. Think he could hold the line for 2 years while another suitable replacement is groomed. Boy,....you can sure tell its been awhile between superbowls. It even amazes ME, that I would even consider a guy like Lewis. ON field he's great, but off field, well, you know, the whole MURDER deal in atlanta just kinda turns me off somewhat...LOL Nawww, on second thought, he's a bad idea, once you sell your soul to the devil like that just to get a ring you can never go back..

LOL, he was acquitted wasn't he? Maybe he can be our Seau but he better be willing to take a pay cut to play for a Super Bowl contender, we could use his leadership. And it's taken me many many years to warm up to the guy:cool:

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
ELDudearino;1929541 said:
LOL, he was acquitted wasn't he? Maybe he can be our Seau but he better be willing to take a pay cut to play for a Super Bowl contender, we could use his leadership. And it's taken me many many years to warm up to the guy:cool:
................Yep, he was acquitted, but then again so was O.J! LOL I think the odds are about the same when it comes to being innocent in both cases. Its my understanding that Lewis didnt actually KILL anybody, BUT.....he was at the scene and knew who did the killing but wouldnt testify. Well, wouldnt testify TRUTHFULLY that is...:rolleyes:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed;1929544 said:
................Yep, he was acquitted, but then again so was O.J! LOL I think the odds are about the same when it comes to being innocent in both cases. Its my understanding that Lewis didnt actually KILL anybody, BUT.....he was at the scene and knew who did the killing but wouldnt testify. Well, wouldnt testify TRUTHFULLY that is...:rolleyes:

Nobody likes a rat:rolleyes:

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
Ummm, Mr Lewis, could you explain WHY your clothing is splattered in blood, why the mans blood is in your limo, and WHY prey tell there are bloody footprints leading from the mans body to YOUR hotel room??

shultz2.jpg
I know NOTHHHHING :rolleyes:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Dansby is intriguing. he has the size, can he convert to an inside backer though? Can he take on lineman?

He is someone that is interesting, I didnt realize he was an unrestricted free agent. He does have an injury history though.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
theebs;1929564 said:
Dansby is intriguing. he has the size, can he convert to an inside backer though? Can he take on lineman?

He is someone that is interesting, I didnt realize he was an unrestricted free agent. He does have an injury history though.
................I have ALWAYS believed the key to passrush is QUICK PRESSURE up the middle. Its hard to do, but if you get it, boy lemme tell ya, YOU GOT SOMETHIN! I believe we already have the guy on our roster you can supply it, IF used properly. Jay Ratliff. Im envisioning something like this when we go to our 4 man line in passing downs. Spencer OR Ellis at left end, Ratliff at Left Tackle, Tank at right tackle, and Ware at right end. Now you line Dansby up at right outside backer. If you could overload that right side with Tank, Ware, and Dansby looping around Ware that would really free up Ratliff with a straight shot at the QB. The goal would be to get him facing one on one blocking. To say nothing of the GAMES that Ware and Dansby could play, stunts, twists, ect ect.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
theebs;1929564 said:

............Really, the reason I believe he could play inside in a 3-4 is because Wades version is radically different than a standard 3-4. Its based more on speed, hitting a seam, then it is on brute strength. Actually believe it or not Wades 3-4 has ALOT in common with Ryans old 4-6 defense. Remember.............Donnie Edwards flourished for years in wades scheme in San Diego. Edwards played inside and went 6-1 228, the guy put up HUGE tackle numbers. Pretty confident Dansby could do it. I envision him playing inside in a standard set and outside on passing downs.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score

It'll never happen. Makes too darn much sense.:(

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
All I know is I wouldnt even consider trading up for Mcfadden. Not saying he isnt going to be a VERY good back. In all honesty the probability is pretty high that he does turn out to be a top tier guy. But boy, if he does bust, or turns out to only be slightly better than a jag, that trade sets this team back by 2 years minimum. Two 1sts AND Barber..........NO WAY. Not when were this close.