Now we begin looking forward.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
2009 is in the books, playoff win. What are our biggest needs...

1) O-LINE
2) Kicker
3) Safety
4) Depth (ILB in particular)

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
A kicker is a must, even if we have to bring in 5 guys and have them battle it out. We need a kicker who can be counted on.

I know a lot of people like Sensabaugh but I never saw it. He is an average player. We need a ballhawk (makes that 5 years in a row I've been saying that). Hamlin supposedly lines up everyone correctly but I don't think he excels at anything either. We can do worse than Hamlin but we can also do better. If we need someone to line up the players better why don't we do that with better coaching, better preparation.

Injuries to Colombo and Hamlin showed us that we have something in Doug Free and Alan Ball. I'd still draft o linemen and ballhawking defensive backs.

Will be a difficult off-season since we are limited in free agency somewhat and don't have many or high draft picks. We can improve, Jerry just has to be aggressive.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rampage;3236438 said:
0-line(tackle)
a playmaking safety
d-line
ILB(depth)
kicker

Exactly. I'm right with you on this Ramp. This is exactly what I believe we need this offseason.

montgod

Reaction score
Rampage;3236438 said:
0-line(tackle)
a playmaking safety
d-line
ILB(depth)
kicker

I agree with this list.

And JJ needs to be at Matt Stover's door the day after Colts last game and Suisham is cut.

MrMom

Reaction score
I'd like a guy capable of playing G/C. Get some quality interior depth finally.

ghst187

Reaction score
jimnabby;3236848 said:
Wow, no mention of WR? We really do need to get better there.

THANK YOU! That was half our problem today, the other half was getting outcoached. The OL wasn't bad, Romo had to hold the ball all day because there wasn't a WR that could get open. RW is a waste of a roster spot. No defense adjusts to him. He can't get any separation and he can be taken out of the game with just one average DB. That puts us at a huge disadvantage before the ball is snapped. We have to find someone who actually frightens the D and it has to be this offseason. I'm afraid RW's contract will be prohibitive from bringing someone in. I can't stand him but Brandon Marshall is a guy that would put up 10+ TDs in our offense, esp next to Miles. Dez Bryant maybe....Damian Williams maybe....maybe even Jordan Shipley or Mardy Gilyard. Someone, anyone get some separation.
We need an offensive weapon...then some OL depth/future...and FS and K in that order.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
ghst187;3239375 said:
THANK YOU! That was half our problem today, the other half was getting outcoached. The OL wasn't bad, Romo had to hold the ball all day because there wasn't a WR that could get open. RW is a waste of a roster spot. No defense adjusts to him. He can't get any separation and he can be taken out of the game with just one average DB. That puts us at a huge disadvantage before the ball is snapped. We have to find someone who actually frightens the D and it has to be this offseason. I'm afraid RW's contract will be prohibitive from bringing someone in. I can't stand him but Brandon Marshall is a guy that would put up 10+ TDs in our offense, esp next to Miles. Dez Bryant maybe....Damian Williams maybe....maybe even Jordan Shipley or Mardy Gilyard. Someone, anyone get some separation.
We need an offensive weapon...then some OL depth/future...and FS and K in that order.
Jerry put us in a jam at wr giving Roy(the wr with asthma) 45 million dollars

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
ghst187;3239375 said:

the idea of a Austin/Marshall tandom excites me, trading a 2nd this year and Roy W, should get us Marshall no? They seem eager to part with him.