Now we know Bill is coming back

BlueDemon

Benched
Reaction score
Him and Jerry need to hammer the following out...

1) Who tells Mike Zimmer he's fired

2) Who replaces the Zim

3) What do we do with Roy Wiliams, what can we do? is he even fast enough to play LB these days? He got beat to the corner by a beatup TE.

4) Is Julius Jones our Huckleberry or is he Tiki's replacement in NYC?

5) Do we cut Flo?

6) Do we cut TO and who did we replace him with? We can't have two 34 yr old WR's next season....can we?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I think there are a few certainties here.

Zimmer is gone. Who we replace him with is up for grabs. Crennel is probably looking for employment. (Edit: Nevermind, the Browns have already announced he's staying this year. That blows).

Williams is fine. He made the pro bowl. He's one of the better safeties in the league. He's not a cover cornerback, we all know that.

What happens at the RB position is up for grabs.

Flo's position is up for grabs.

TO is back. Enough speculation already. Jerry has said he's back. TO has said he's back. He's back.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the only thing that happens [and I hope it does] is Zimmer is gone.

All else stays the same.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
BlueDemon;1297573 said:

2) Who replaces the Zim

3) What do we do with Roy Wiliams, what can we do? is he even fast enough to play LB these days? He got beat to the corner by a beatup TE.

5) Do we cut Flo?

6) Do we cut TO and who did we replace him with? We can't have two 34 yr old WR's next season....can we?

1)hopefully I can, jerry I am available.
2)I want one of buddy ryan's kids or any coordinator with 3-4 experience,and I don't mean zimmer type experience. proven 3-4 coordinator.
3)Roy is fine he is trying to do too much and he just can't. coverage fears have him a step or two in the wrong direction on a ton of plays. Better surrounding players and or coaching will cover his flaws right back up.
4)trade julius and draft picks for brandon jacobs(pipe dream for me)
5)Nope
6) we sure can when they are both better than the guys that would replace them, and I think with austin and sam hurd we have our next receivers in house already.

wow that was fun
can we do the alphabet next?

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Here's the thing with Coach Zim: HE'S RUNNING THE D HOW PARCELLS WANTS IT RUN. With that said, I think it was a mistake going away from the 4-3 as Zimmer is a 4-3 guy. Bill should have let Zim run they defense he knows.

Zimmer will probably relocate regardless and if Bill comes back, it'll be interesting to see who he hires. Dom Capers may be available once the Miami job is settled.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1297603 said:
Here's the thing with Coach Zim: HE'S RUNNING THE D HOW PARCELLS WANTS IT RUN. With that said, I think it was a mistake going away from the 4-3 as Zimmer is a 4-3 guy. Bill should have let Zim run they defense he knows.

Zimmer will probably relocate regardless and if Bill comes back, it'll be interesting to see who he hires. Dom Capers may be available once the Miami job is settled.

that all well and good to spout that off, but parcells likes to jam receivers and zimmer doesn't.That we don't jam receivers would poke all kinds of holes in your theory that we are running a bill defense. Keep up the bill hate though. Its not the least bit tired.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
BlueDemon;1297573 said:

2) Who replaces the Zim

5) Do we cut Flo?

1.Zimmer's gone

2. Who knows? I say Todd Grantham out of Cleveland. Just a hunch

3. Roy will be back and hopefully in a scheme that will suit him better

4. Jujo and Barber will be back

5. No. Flo plays another year in Big D

6. TO will be back. We also draft a wideout.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
if Parcells comes back, nothing changes.

no DC is going to want to come here and work for Parcells, especially knowing this is Parcells last year. He might promote Bowles, but I don't expect any changes.

no major player moves, he thinks he is close with this bunch and if any changes are made, it will be minimal. Perhaps he will get rid of TO.

I for one want to get on with our new coach. Let's get it started a year early. Parcels if he comes back, is doing purely for him, not for the team. He wants to see if he can win, and if he doesn't he walks away, and the team be damn.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
why would we need to draft a wideout with miles austin and sam hurd already on our roster?
I think wideout is set for a while.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
stealth;1297614 said:
that all well and good to spout that off, but parcells likes to jam receivers and zimmer doesn't.That we don't jam receivers would poke all kinds of holes in your theory that we are running a bill defense. Keep up the bill hate though. Its not the least bit tired.

How is my take a "Bill Hate" thread? It has nothing to do with that -- in fact, I hope Coach Parcells returns. But the bottom line is that the Cowboys run the 3-4 because that's what Bill wants to run. And Zimmer runs it the way he wants it run. How is it that we don't "jam" receivers anyway? Based on your astute observation?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;1297621 said:
if Parcells comes back, nothing changes.

no DC is going to want to come here and work for Parcells, especially knowing this is Parcells last year. He might promote Bowles, but I don't expect any changes.

no major player moves, he thinks he is close with this bunch and if any changes are made, it will be minimal. Perhaps he will get rid of TO.

I for one want to get on with our new coach. Let's get it started a year early. Parcels if he comes back, is doing purely for him, not for the team. He wants to see if he can win, and if he doesn't he walks away, and the team be damn.
If he coaches one more year then we can go after Cowher in 08.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
theogt;1297584 said:
I think there are a few certainties here.

Zimmer is gone. Who we replace him with is up for grabs. Crennel is probably looking for employment. (Edit: Nevermind, the Browns have already announced he's staying this year. That blows).

Williams is fine. He made the pro bowl. He's one of the better safeties in the league. He's not a cover cornerback, we all know that.

What happens at the RB position is up for grabs.

Flo's position is up for grabs.

TO is back. Enough speculation already. Jerry has said he's back. TO has said he's back. He's back.

:hammer:

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1297627 said:
How is my take a "Bill Hate" thread? It has nothing to do with that -- in fact, I hope Coach Parcells returns. But the bottom line is that the Cowboys run the 3-4 because that's what Bill wants to run. And Zimmer runs it the way he wants it run. How is it that we don't "jam" receivers anyway? Based on your astute observation?

we don't zimmer doesn't believe in it.
its a fact my astute observations aside.
Bill has said many times that bumping receivers off the line is more important than the blitz.
Watch some games and just watch the db's off the line if you think it is just my astute observations.
We rarely if ever bump receivers to disrupt the routes, only ones that do it consistantly are the linebackers and yesterday they didn't even do it.

your assumption the defense is all on parcells is making way more assumptions than I am. ITs not based on facts its on speculation that since bill wanted the 3-4 then zimmer must be doing it exactly how bill would. Nothing really backs that up other than bill is a 3-4 guy.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
stealth;1297652 said:
we don't zimmer doesn't believe in it.
its a fact my astute observations aside.
Bill has said many times that bumping receivers off the line is more important than the blitz.
Watch some games and just watch the db's off the line if you think it is just my astute observations.
We rarely if ever bump receivers to disrupt the routes, only ones that do it consistantly are the linebackers and yesterday they didn't even do it.

You sir, are a coaching clinic waiting to happen.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1297668 said:
You sir, are a coaching clinic waiting to happen.

no I am not blinded by a prejudice towards bill and can put the facts together without preconceived notions to taint my objectivity.