Now, would you?

Wrangler87

Reaction score
After making a trade for the Browns first round pick in next years draft (which should be an early one), we have two first round picks. We expect to be a late round selection if we have a good season like we should.

Question is, would you now trade our second round pick (next year) for Turner?

We have two number 1's. Turner would help our own cause by helping us to be a better team, which in turn will make the cost of getting him less (later pick in round 2)

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I like Turner, and think he will be a good player, but don't see any need to do so. We are doing fine with what we have, minus whale give them another year to try to establish themselves as a good RB tandem.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't. I would rather go with Julius Jones who has 3 years as a starter and a 1000 yard season on his reume'. If we're going to give the starting job to a backup RB I would rather give it to a guy named Marion Barber III. Last year this guy had a nose for the endzone. I would also rather have next year focus on a RB to be the overall #1 if Julius is not going to be that guy.

Turner is a gamble, not a guarantee, and a gamble that long term potentially removes better options from the picture.

No.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
The price on Turner has had to drop off. Two teams are out of the running all together after filling the needs via the draft. That leaves only a few teams that would even consider it.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Hostile;1481427 said:
No, I wouldn't. I would rather go with Julius Jones who has 3 years as a starter and a 1000 yard season on his reume'. If we're going to give the starting job to a backup RB I would rather give it to a guy named Marion Barber III. Last year this guy had a nose for the endzone. I would also rather have next year focus on a RB to be the overall #1 if Julius is not going to be that guy.

Turner is a gamble, not a guarantee, and a gamble that long term potentially removes better options from the picture.

No.

Well, I disagree with your confidence in Jones. I am a big Barber fan though.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Turner hasn't shown enough to get anywhere near a first round pick imo. I wonder about some of you.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wrangler87;1481432 said:
Well, I disagree with your confidence in Jones. I am a big Barber fan though.
What confidence in him? I have none. However, I have less confidence in backups elevated to starter as solutions. Would prefer if we're moving away from him to go with what we already have and focus on a certain RB in next year's draft.

I like all of those options better than Turner.

BLT

Reaction score
my thinking is just like Hos.. i got no faith in him.. how many times have we seen a back up RB come in as a change of pace guy and do amazing? i could name 5 off the top of my head that have done well as back up and done nothing as a starter.. i dont want to trade for him id rather play out the season with JJ and Barber

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hmm...we have 2 starters on the team. We have the potential to pick up an elite back in '08. Turner is completely unproven.

I can't think of a single reason to make the trade, honestly. Not a single one.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
speedkilz88;1481438 said:
Turner hasn't shown enough to get anywhere near a first round pick imo. I wonder about some of you.

Who said anything about a first round pick?

I wonder about you ability to comprehend.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
No, he's in the same Boat as JJ, he will be a UFA after next season.