Now you know why Dallas spent for Williams

mmillman

Reaction score
No way you can have a team this talented and start Crayton and Austin with Stanback in the slot. Williams is a legit #1 WR that just got put into the middle of the circus and will team with Austin and Crayton to provide a good trio without the drama.

Boysboy

Reaction score
mmillman;2483145 said:
No way you can have a team this talented and start Crayton and Austin with Stanback in the slot. Williams is a legit #1 WR that just got put into the middle of the circus and will team with Austin and Crayton to provide a good trio without the drama.

I was also thinking the same thing why we got Williams.

Who knows what goes through Jerry's mind, but maybe, JUST MAYBE he was preparing for future emergency situation just in case TO :explode:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Please, I watch worse teams with horrible wide outs work an efficient offense. See...the Bears.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
mmillman;2483145 said:
LMAO!!! You people who think T.O will be gone are crazy!

BHendri5

Reaction score
Jerry told everyone why he got Roy, because Jason garrett and Wade said that they needed another WR to take some of the heat off of Owens and to be the number one when Owens leave.

Where have ya'll been?

Boysboy

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2483150 said:
Please, I watch worse teams with horrible wide outs work an efficient offense. See...the Bears.

That's b/c Chicago has a very good running game, which opens up their passing game. We're a pass first team, and are only able to run it effectively when it's the 4th quarter and are running the clock out.

And to boot-it all depends on the teams' offensive systems as well.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2483160 said:
That's b/c Chicago has a very good running game, which opens up their passing game. We're a pass first team, and are only able to run it effectively when it's the 4th quarter and are running the clock out.

And to boot-it all depends on the teams' offensive systems as well.

You are right, but still, they can even get Brandon goddman Lloyd to catch passes, and it seems like foreign soil for RJ to get Roy involved.

Boysboy

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2483168 said:
You are right, but still, they can even get Brandon goddman Lloyd to catch passes, and it seems like foreign soil for RJ to get Roy involved.

Make no mistake, Lloyd is a solid talent. The Skins made a HUGE mistake in giving him a ridiculous contract extension after they traded for him...when they SHOULD have made him EARN IT in his first season there.

At least the Bears only gave him a 1 year base deal...meaning Lloyd has to work very hard this year to earn a big one. And Marty Booker ain't no slouch either.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2483174 said:
Make no mistake, Lloyd is a solid talent. The Skins made a HUGE mistake in giving him a ridiculous contract extension after they traded for him...when they SHOULD have made him EARN IT in his first season there.

At least the Bears only gave him a 1 year base deal...meaning Lloyd has to work very hard this year to earn a big one. And Marty Booker ain't no slouch either.

Booker and Lloyd are awful, you sound like the people I work with.

Boysboy

Reaction score
YoMick;2483181 said:
Didnt Jerry just EXTEND Owens?

Yeah, he did that to let him go....

I'm sure there are behavioral clauses in his contract-he screws up, he has to pay back his bonus et al, we dump him...voila! No cap hit.

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
You people are braindead if you think romo stays over owens. Jerry loves him some owens bc he reminds him of irvin. No way will jerry get rid of owens. Owens is here to stay. I kind of feel sorry for romo on the other hand bc jerry willl listen to owens before he does romo. Plus romo has already had his 3 strikes . 3 strikes of 0 playoff wins.

Boysboy

Reaction score
LILLURCH;2483186 said:
You people are braindead if you think romo stays over owens. Jerry loves him some owens bc he reminds him of irvin. No way will jerry get rid of owens. Owens is here to stay. I kind of feel sorry for romo on the other hand bc jerry willl listen to owens before he does romo. Plus romo has already had his 3 strikes . 3 strikes of 0 playoff wins.

Who is this guy? Someone please tell me?:banghead:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Boysboy;2483183 said:
I'm sure there are behavioral clauses in his contract-he screws up, he has to pay back his bonus et al, we dump him...voila! No cap hit.

Jerry has wanted Roy for A LONG TIME.

To say that he got Roy as a backup plan to TO is ridiculous. He didnt just get the idea this year.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
BHendri5;2483158 said:
Jerry told everyone why he got Roy, because Jason garrett and Wade said that they needed another WR to take some of the heat off of Owens and to be the number one when Owens leave.

Where have ya'll been?
Romo and Garrett should be embarrassed by that. you got teams like the Texans and Panthers who don't need to trade 3 picks for another wr to free up there #1 wr. Garrett and Romo have everything they need to succeed and if they don't win the superbowl they need to apologize to Jerry.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rampage;2483229 said:
Romo and Garrett should be embarrassed by that. you got teams like the Texans and Panthers who don't need to trade 3 picks for another wr to free up there #1 wr. Garrett and Romo have everything they need to succeed and if they don't win the superbowl they need to apologize to Jerry.

I believe the Panthers WR#2 is DJ Hackett, who was hugely underrated when he was in Seattle. Plus having "Smash and Dash" in the backfield helps alot too.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LILLURCH;2483186 said:

Sorry but there is no way Romo leaves before TO. Romo is signed to a much bigger contract and is much younger.

IMO TO will be back next year.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2483765 said:
Sorry but there is no way Romo leaves before TO. Romo is signed to a much bigger contract and is much younger.

IMO TO will be back next year.

Well that's the point-remember when TO forced out Mooch in SF(and this was AFTER Mooch was starting to make strides with this young, gelling team)? Ultimately, Dennis Erickson got the job b/c he said in his interview, "I'm going to get TO the ball more"(No joke-this really happened!).

That's my fear if Jerry decides to retain TO-he will make the necessary personnel moves to KEEP him happy. What if fires he Wade(I know, but remember, our defense is really gelling now) for some incompetent **** like Erickson? What if he DOES trade away Romo?

Do you see what I'm saying?