NS: (Hypothetical) T.O. to Raiders to join with Moss

Nightshade

Reaction score
:eek: Wouldn't that be one heck of a headline :eek:

They'd either win the Superbowl or start a war. Either way it'd be real interesting to watch :laugh1:

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Nightshade said:

They'd either win the Superbowl or start a war. Either way it'd be real interesting to watch :laugh1:

So if you were Al Davis.......... Who/What would you give up in a trade to make this deal happen?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
So if you were Al Davis.......... Who/What would you give up in a trade to make this deal happen?

Too bad he doesn't have Troy Hambrick left to trade with...

joseephuss

Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:

Warren Sapp. That would allow the Eagles to deal Corey Simon.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I'd feel sorry for Collins. He'd have Moss and Owens in his ear saying they are open and throw the ball to him. But it couldn't happen. The Raiders don't have the cap room. They'd have to trade Porter and eat a big bonus just to trade him.

notherbob

Reaction score
First, they would have to make some cap room and I'm not sure they can or would be willing to. Personally, I wouldn't. TO reminds me of an old song whose last line is something like "Shut up you silly woman. You knew I was a snake when you picked me up."

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have seen in other sports where there is no cap teams going out and trying to buy a championship and many times it does not work. I'll take guys who may be a little less talented but are team players any day of the week.

dfense

Reaction score
Would never work. Not enough balls to go around.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Nope.

I'm interested to see who the owner is that wants to put up with his crap.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nightshade said:

they wouldnt win the super bowl...the Raiders defense sux...their OL is ok at best...Collins is an enigma

David

CanadaBoys

Reaction score
Of course, this could never be reality.

Porters contract make it impossible to trade or release him and there is no way the Raiders could come up with the kind of cap space to make this happen. Unless...

My guess is they would have to trade Charles Woodson. They would need his 10 mill of cap space and he signed the 1 year deal so they are stuck with that number barring a trade. OF course the Eagles have no need for him and don't want another head case anyway.

If there were no cap, they'd obviously be able to do this by trading Porter for TO straight up. The Eagles would be all over that deal right now.