Signed by Cowboys NTR: Cowboys Sign Three To Futures Deals

Rayman70

Reaction score
He's not taking up a roster spot. He's part of the NFL's International Player Program, which gives the team an exemption to keep him on the practice squad.
Isnt that over? I think he used it up already.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Can we sign the Manster to a futures deal? I think he can still play.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Good resignings.

Malik Jefferson has little mileage on his body. He can play special teams full time while being a backup LB.

Seth Green can continue to learn and grow at TE.

Isaac Alarcón needs to find a way to make the 53 this summer, especially with an injured and depleted Oline. If not, move him to DT and see if he can use his big body there? Coaches need to get creative and try him out on both sides of the football. Try to find out once and for all if his size can help out this team or not.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Are we still getting the foreign roster exemption for Alarcon?

Certainly keep him as long as that holds up. And at this point keep him regardless until we have roster cuts.
Since exactly a year ago on January 2022, the two-year International Pathway Program ended for Isaac Alarcón. Alarcón did not have a roster exemption for the roster or practice squad. He was on the practice squad because the Cowboys outright wanted to keep him just like they have now decided to keep him there this year once again.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-sign-isaac-alarcon-to-the-roster

glimmerman

Reaction score
Jerry is pandering 2 the Hispanics. He has 0 designs on letting this kid play 1 down. Its a shame. I think he might have some tools. He is a BIG DUDE.
He didn’t look bad in preseason. Not really ready to play full time but made a few moves. To me after 3 years they should be at least a back up.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's weird how this team gets attached to these experimental players like Alarcon and Noah Brown. Obviously, you look for talent and give players a look, but after awhile you should be able to see their ceiling and move on.
Noah Brown experimental? No, he actually contributed more than many will admit of a 7th round pick.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do they keep him around because he's a roster exemption? Not to say he isn't developing, but if he doesn't count against the active roster I suppose they can be patient with his progress
And here I thought they were keeping him for cake eating (from hard knocks) :muttley:

Reactions: CWR

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Noah Brown experimental? No, he actually contributed more than many will admit of a 7th round pick.
He was OK in bursts, but did his talent really warrant him hanging around the team for 5 years? I don't really think so. I think his career total is something like 960 yards, so 192 yards a season. Meh.....seems like somebody you could easily replace/upgrade.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was OK in bursts, but did his talent really warrant him hanging around the team for 5 years? I don't really think so. I think his career total is something like 960 yards, so 192 yards a season. Meh.....seems like somebody you could easily replace/upgrade.
He was injured for most of one year, if not all year, missed quite a bit of time another 2 years. So those 5 years stats are skewed. And CJ Goodwin has been on the team for how many years now? Great ST's but offers nothing at CB. Noah great ST's player also, and blocks very well in passing and run game. And can contribute as a WR.

But yet he gets knocked as CJ does not.

Not saying they should bring him back, as it may be time to move on from both those players. But I will not complain if either return.
Would love to see the meltdowns though if he does. :laugh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To my count, there are 43 players signed, and 12 reserves futures contracts.
20 UFA and 2 RFA (Steele and Dowdle) so they will offer them the current rate to start on those 2.

Figure they will keep half of their ... we like our guys FA's ... to a 1 to 3 year deals. Say 8 to 12 will be kept.

They have 9 draft picks, as they should get 3 comp picks. Will sign the usual 4 or 5 FA's to the stupid one year prove it deals, that you are over your injuries.
That leaves roughly, say about 10 to15 UDFA's

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's weird how this team gets attached to these experimental players like Alarcon and Noah Brown. Obviously, you look for talent and give players a look, but after awhile you should be able to see their ceiling and move on.
There has been zero downside to keeping Alarcon. He does not take up a roster spot, not even on the practice squad because of the International Players exemption.

Noah Brown outperformed his contract.