Signed by Cowboys NTR: Cowboys Sign Three To Futures Deals

Rayman70

Reaction score
I hear Jerry might sign Andy Dick to a futures deal. Kicking the tires...heck might as well...since we are signing the likes of Alcaron.
tenor.gif

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The Alarcon experiment is still going on?

Maybe they want to give him some time with Jason Peters?

Never heard of Seth Green...
Name: Seth Green (Transfer from Minnesota)
College:
Houston Number: 17
Height: 6-4 Weight: 242
Position: TE Pos2: FB/H-back
Class/Draft Year: rSr/2022
40 Low: 4.73 40 Time: 4.77 40 High: 4.84

> Projected Round: Stock:
same.gif
Projected High: HPFA Low: Tryout​
58.0.jpg

Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite:
Height:
Weight: 242

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET):
40 Yard Dash (HH):

20 Yard (ET):
20 Yard (HH):
10 Yard (ET):
10 Yard (HH):
225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Dates: 04/01/22
Hand:
10 1/4 Arm: 34
Wingspan: 80 3/4

Height: 6034
Weight: 242
40 Yrd Dash: 4.77
20 Yrd Dash: 2.71
10 Yrd Dash: 1.65
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 38 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.32
3-Cone Drill: 7.28

40 Time Range: 4.77 Twice/Projected 4.79
Played QB, TE, and WR in college. Roster filler but has been on scout teams in case Schultz leaves. 38 1/2 vertical at 242, 20 reps at 225lbs, and 81 inch wingspan are interesting.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Seth Green played Dr. Evil's son.

I'm guessing he's more of a receiving TE.
Dud's like 5'5" .. he'd be looking up at Turpin so the only position he'd qualify for might be kicker. But I hear tell we need one of those.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think the team should always dip into the foreign exemption in its constant pursuit of talent. This is what this team's heritage was built upon.

Back to the Landry days we were always considered ahead of the curve in evaluating and digging for talent. We shouldn't dismiss any opportunity to constantly churn for talent through all four corners of the globe.
yes that is more likely to help you find someone good, but jones boys just keep same set of guys for years.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
For those saying Alarcón is a international player roster exemption, you are wrong. Since exactly a year ago on January 2022, the two-year International Pathway Program ended for Isaac Alarcón. Alarcón did not have a roster exemption for the roster or practice squad. He was on the practice squad because the Cowboys outright wanted to keep him just like they have now decided to keep him there this year once again.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-sign-isaac-alarcon-to-the-roster

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He was also a regular on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and played an Amish guy in the movie Sex Drive.
Seth Green was also a co-star on 1993's Airborne. It was a film at a time when both Seth Green and Jack Black were still unknowns and were barely starting off their movie careers. Little did Warner Bros. know they would become the film stars they became. Cool movie. Hard to find on DVD or Bluray. It didn't get the attraction or recognition it deserved because it was a movie made for the early 90s teen crowd, but Warner Bros. messed up releasing it in the Fall of 1993 when all kids were back in school.

Here is a 2020 interview with the main actor, Shane McDermott (aka Mitchell Goosen), who now lives in Galveston, Texas, paints, sells real estate and is involved in city politics. He talks a little about his brief acting experience in Hollywood and being able to act alongside who would become big actors like Seth Green and Jack Black...

http://www.oneblademag.com/lookback/shane-mcdermott-15-minutes/

glimmerman

Reaction score
Alarcon is going to retire in a few years. Going into his 4th year. He needs to show something.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yes let alcaron go to another team you never plan to play him in any real games
He's not taking up a roster spot. He's part of the NFL's International Player Program, which gives the team an exemption to keep him on the practice squad.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He's not taking up a roster spot. He's part of the NFL's International Player Program, which gives the team an exemption to keep him on the practice squad.

I know that but are we actually even thinking of putting him in hell we've had a few bad ones in there

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Do they keep him around because he's a roster exemption? Not to say he isn't developing, but if he doesn't count against the active roster I suppose they can be patient with his progress

How many years of progress does he need or is he just a good story

CWR

Reaction score
How many years of progress does he need or is he just a good story

If it doesn't count against the roster then what opportunity is lost?

Maybe we could find another international player that fits the criteria?

I dont know much about it tbh.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If it doesn't count against the roster then what opportunity is lost?

Maybe we could find another international player that fits the criteria?

I dont know much about it tbh.

Gotcha

Reactions: CWR

Rayman70

Reaction score
Alarcon is going to retire in a few years. Going into his 4th year. He needs to show something.
Jerry is pandering 2 the Hispanics. He has 0 designs on letting this kid play 1 down. Its a shame. I think he might have some tools. He is a BIG DUDE.