Clemson DT Dorrell Scott - 6'3" 310

4 TFL, sack, FF

Arkansas DT Ernest Mitchell - 6'2" 305

1.5 TFL, .5 sack only 5 games played

'07: 44 tackles, 9.5 TFL, 3.5 sacks, FF, 10 hurries

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Perria Jerry basded on the stats seems liek a playmaker who get penetration a lot and makes palys once he does.
Anyone know what round he's supposed to go in?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2400520 said:
Perria Jerry basded on the stats seems liek a playmaker who get penetration a lot and makes palys once he does.
Anyone know what round he's supposed to go in?

he's probably a 1st round player, I took him off my list

Section446

Reaction score
Curious, what do you plan on doing with Ratliff? Let him go? In my opinion he's been our best DL thus far this year and should be on this team next season.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
PaulH1083;2407780 said:
Curious, what do you plan on doing with Ratliff? Let him go? In my opinion he's been our best DL thus far this year and should be on this team next season.

I think many of us (me included) think Ratliff will be a great DE in the 3-4. Drafting a NT and moving Ratliff to DE means the Cowboys can let free agent Chris Canty walk.

Last year two DT's were obtained in trades before the draft... Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rogers. That kind of move could be an option for the Cowboys as well.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2408064 said:
I think many of us (me included) think Ratliff will be a great DE in the 3-4. Drafting a NT and moving Ratliff to DE means the Cowboys can let free agent Chris Canty walk.

Yes, we all agree we need a TRUE 3- N.T. and move Ratliff to D.E. but to SPEARS SPOT, Canty is playing really good this year, not great but, certainly a LOT BETTER then Spears who's a waste of space, so move Ratliff to L.D.E. and re-sign Canty or else we'll have anther hole to fill on our D-line replacing Canty.

Last year two DT's were obtained in trades before the draft... Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rogers. That kind of move could be an option for the Cowboys as well.

coincidentally TWO guys I wanted and thought this defense needed and both are having AWESOME SEASONS so far for both 3-4 teams, watching Ratliff get double teamed and pushed on the ground or backwards 5 yards is gonna cut it and is why our defense is getting killed against the run, we need a big run stuffer in the middle moving Ratliff to L.D.E. and letting Spears walk.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Mississippi State DT Jessie Bowman 6'1" 315 - 4.5 TFL, FF, 4 PBUs

'07: 5.5 TFL, sack

dasander

Reaction score
Does anybody know which NT's are available in free agemcy this upcoming offseason? I think other than safety, NT is our biggest need in the offseason.

dasander

Reaction score
Nevermind. I found this at Scout.com. Doesn't look like there is that many good true Nose Tackles other than Haynesworth(which I doubt will happen).
PosPos
RankRatingNameTypeYrHt/WtCollege2008 TeamSigned TeamDT1
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
Albert HaynesworthUFA76-5/320TennesseeTennesseeDT2
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
Rocky BernardUFA76-3/290Texas A&MSeattleDT3
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
Jovan HayeUFA46-2/295VanderbiltTampa BayDT4
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
John ThorntonUFA106-3/297West VirginiaCincinnatiDT5
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
Tank JohnsonUFA56-3/300WashingtonDallasDT6
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
Jonathan BabineauxUFA46-2/286IowaAtlantaDT7
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
La'Roi GloverUFA136-2/285San Diego StateSt. LouisDT8
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
Larry TripplettUFA76-2/293WashingtonSeattleDT9
star.gif
star.gif
Shaun CodyUFA46-3/290USCDetroitDT9
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
Kedric GolstonRFA36-4/292GeorgiaWashingtonDT10
star.gif
star.gif
Darwin WalkerUFA96-3/294TennesseeCarolinaDT11
star.gif
star.gif
Mike WrightUFA46-4/295CincinnatiNew EnglandDT12
star.gif
star.gif
Colin ColeUFA46-2/325IowaGreen BayDT13
star.gif
star.gif
Grady JacksonUFA126-2/345AtlantaDT14
star.gif
star.gif
Gabe WatsonUFA36-4/340MichiganArizonaDT15
star.gif
star.gif
Ryan SimsUFA76-4/315North CarolinaTampa BayDT16
star.gif
star.gif
Kenderick AllenUFA56-5/330LSUMinnesotaDT17
star.gif
star.gif
James ReedUFA86-0/286Iowa StateNew OrleansDT18
star.gif
star.gif
Jimmy KennedyUFA56-4/320Penn StateJacksonvilleDT19
star.gif
star.gif
Jeff ZgoninaUFA66-2/290PurdueHoustonDT20
star.gif
star.gif
Fred EvansRFA36-4/305Texas StateMinnesotaDT21
star.gif
star.gif
Chris CooperUFA76-5/285Nebraska-OmahaSeattle

Looks our best bet would be in the draft or a trade. I like all the prospects listed in the first post of this thread, but what do you guys think of Terrance Taylor out of Michigan. He's a little on the short side at 6-0, but I heard that can sometimes be good for NT's. He wieghs a stout 308 lbs. I still think the Boston College DT's are better though.

Bigdog

Reaction score
The knock that read on BJ is that he thinks he is better than he is, worth ethic is questionable, and gets tired easily. He was also academcially ineligible last year. That criticism might be good for the Cowboys as his draft stock might drop becasue of it. I hope so, so we can pick him in the 3rd round with Cleveland's pick. Praying that Herman Johnson last to our pick in 2nd round. But that might be difficult because we will picking last.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Bigdog;2434785 said:
The knock that read on BJ is that he thinks he is better than he is, worth ethic is questionable, and gets tired easily. He was also academcially ineligible last year. That criticism might be good for the Cowboys as his draft stock might drop becasue of it. I hope so, so we can pick him in the 3rd round with Cleveland's pick. Praying that Herman Johnson last to our pick in 2nd round. But that might be difficult because we will picking last.

Sounds like Shaun Rogers too me

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2434813 said:
Sounds like Shaun Rogers too me

Technically I'm sure if you wanted too you could say that about most BIG lineman, that they tire easy.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
One name that was hyped a lot last year was Branch from Michigan. Haven't heard his name once this year...:confused:

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2434976 said:
One name that was hyped a lot last year was Branch from Michigan. Haven't heard his name once this year...:confused:

Could be cause of him being too tall like I was mentioning, he's 6'-6 330, was touted as a top 15 pick for sure but slid to round 2.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
BJ Raji will probably be available when we pick in round 4 and Terrence Taylor/Ron Brace are probably 5th or 6th rounders. Big NTs almost always seem to drop on draft day. Obviously there are exceptions like Haloti Ngata a few years ago, but BJ Raji imo is no more impressive than Red Bryant (4th round) or Frank Okam (5th round). Because of how pass oriented the league is, the smaller active guys get drafted early while the NT type players fall.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2449328 said:
what a surprise you like some1 from Texas.....

i am not a totally UT homer. I have not always been cool with Roy. I have felt that he has underachieved. However, this year, he has been a force. He is also a big reason why Orakpo is able to come clean and free on many occasions. Roy is eating up 2-3 blockers down there.

Another reason that I didn't want him was because he is only about 300 lbs. He isn't that 350 wide body. In our system he would probably be more of a DE. However, I think Ratliff and Miller would make a great DT rotation for us.