1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Numbers: Claiborne vs. Diggs

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CalPolyTechnique, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    76,228 Messages
    166,135 Likes Received
    I'm sorry that I did know and you apparently didn't.

kskboys likes this.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    76,228 Messages
    166,135 Likes Received
    He keeps tugging at my pant leg.

3. TheMarathonContinues

TheMarathonContinues Well-Known Member

57,789 Messages
    51,998 Likes Received
    Naw I have no issue with that. I’d rather trade up and get the player I want then to rather settle for someone I don’t. I’m not big on trading up but not for settling for a inferior player. And if Mo was the best prospect they’ve seen since Deion? I get it.

4. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

19,050 Messages
    17,407 Likes Received
    This is a stupid thread

stilltheguru likes this.
  5. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

21,389 Messages
    23,056 Likes Received
    I believe you.

6. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

7,929 Messages
    10,588 Likes Received
    You talk like there aren’t quality football players up and down the draft. You dont have the talent on the rest of the roster. A roster that was in serious need of an upgrade and one player wasn’t going to fix it. This is Jerry thinking he’s outsmarting everyone else, but he never actually does.

I could understand taking a chance if he didn’t just trade 3 picks for a crap WR a few years prior. He’s just compounding stupidity with more stupidity. Poor decisions on a regular basis snowballed into a desperate situation and it’s no surprise it amounted to nothing.

JustChip likes this.
  7. TheMarathonContinues

TheMarathonContinues Well-Known Member

57,789 Messages
    51,998 Likes Received
    Like I said above, if there's a guy you want and you don't feel you can get that guy when you pick? Trade up for him. Looking at what was around when we picked? I don't see them going DE but there was Engram and Chandler Jones after we picked.

And I may not be remembering well but I seem to remember them thinking they wanted to retool the secondary and did it with Carr and Mo. .Failing on Roy Williams shouldn't stop you from making trades. You win some you lose some. .They lost on Mo unfortunately.

8. Loso86

Loso86 Well-Known Member

3,365 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    Sometimes it just doesn't work out

9. RustyBourneHorse

RustyBourneHorse Well-Known Member

28,770 Messages
    32,137 Likes Received
    Even Ramsey is on his second team, and I have a hunch that he may move again in a few seasons.

10. dsturgeon

dsturgeon Well-Known Member

3,409 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    My favorite morris claiborne plays were when he was 3 yards out of position and he would make a giant 2 yard dive towards the reciever and land in the middle of nowhere

11. eromeopolk

eromeopolk Well-Known Member

3,474 Messages
    3,586 Likes Received
    Claiborne - 1 Super Bowl Ring
    Diggs - 0 Super Bowl Ring

Emmitt Smith - 3 Super Bowl Rings
    Barry Sanders - 0 Super Bowl Ring

Lets get back to Dallas Cowboys football which is Super Bowls not comparing players Jerry Dumbo GM Jones let go that went to Championship games after he let them go..

RustyBourneHorse likes this.
  12. RonWashington

RonWashington Well-Known Member

5,146 Messages
    3,974 Likes Received
    Joseph and Wright taken with premium picks so far little return . That grabbing the face mask as the receiver was going by Joseph , extended a Giants drive that would have been 4th down instead typifies the snaps he gets . They didn’t draft him round 2 for only ST contribution . And Wright can’t even get on the field .

Now DIggs is the opposite end of the spectrum . Perfect compliment to the steady play Anthony Brown provides . The Diggs INT ended any Giants hope of “ going for 2 “ again like DaBoll did when they beat Tenn .

13. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

10,680 Messages
    9,432 Likes Received
    I really did not think Claiborne was special. He was 3rd round talent at best. His 40 time was nothing special and was too rigid.

14. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

8,434 Messages
    9,732 Likes Received
    This is true. He struggled at first, but by his third season, he was playing very effectively when healthy. However, staying healthy was tough for him. He was close, but no cigar.

15. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

7,929 Messages
    10,588 Likes Received
    They don’t win some at all. when you look at the team they’re finally assembling today, it’s from staying put on draft day. That whiff on Roy Williams carries over. It’s not just a one and done thing. That constant rotation of improving took a hit and then another hit. Without such ridiculous decisions that secondary could’ve already been handled. Then he goes for the home run and strikes out. and still has a large roster full of holes on top of it.

kskboys likes this.
  16. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

36,038 Messages
    38,800 Likes Received
    Mo has ball skills. That's why he was so overrated. What he lacks is coverage skills. And from what I read predraft, it was not an unknown fact. His burst and lateral agility and speed were only average for the position.

Think about this, we gave up valuable resources, giving up our future, to draft a CB strictly because he can catch. Never mind any of the other facets about his game, he can catch.

17. kskboys

36,038 Messages
    38,800 Likes Received
    Traded up for MO and left a much better player on the boards in Fletcher Cox. Gawd was I POed that day.

You are basing your future on one player, and a CB to add insult to injury.

Big_D likes this.
  18. kskboys

36,038 Messages
    38,800 Likes Received
    Absolutely zero revisionist history here. I was screaming mad at the trade up. Mo's scouting report read like a 3rd round talent. I have no idea how and why so many fell for the hoopla about him. The ONLY trait he had coming in was ball skills, that's it. Coverage be dammmed.

19. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

7,929 Messages
    10,588 Likes Received
    And considering what Jerry did between 2007 and that point makes that decision even more ridiculous. It was a clueless move from a GM with no answers.

kskboys likes this.
  20. kskboys

36,038 Messages
    38,800 Likes Received
    Thinking MO was like Deion was just ignorant. That is some bad scouting. (Not pointing that at you, BTW.)

Mo was a playmaker, but lacked coverage skills. As a CB, if you can't cover, nothing else matters.