NYE Mock Draft

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
This 4-round mock draft will build upon our strengths on offense, and hopefully leave us some cap room to re-sign our players and add some on defense in free agency.

1. Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
  • Big athlete with a huge catch radius. Creates mismatches across the field, especially in the red zone. Very good blocker who will allow us to play a lot of 12 personnel with Jake Ferguson next year. Not having to pay Schultz? Priceless.

2. Andrew Voorhes, OL, Southern Cal
  • Will probably take over LG right away. Tyl.Smith-Voorhes-Biadasz-Martin with Steele or Tyr. Smith at RT. With the addition of Darnell Washington, we could really dominate the running game again and keep the pocket clean for Prescott, which is when he is most effective.

3. Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State
  • 6’4” CB with long arms. Can play on the outside and even at Safety, which provides us the ability that play Bland either in the slot or outside. Wouldn’t need to re-sign A. Brown, which saves us money for FAs.
4. Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas
  • I’m a Texas homer, but RoJo is the real deal. Selfless player who switched from QB to RB 3 years ago. Tough runner, can catch out of the backfield, and the ideal teammate. He can be the thunder to Pollard’s lightning in the future. Zeke can play that role next year, but will be less able to do so as he ages. We can finally save some money on his contract after next season.
This is a Dak-friendly draft that will allow us to save money to re-sign Pollard and hopefully add a starter or 2 on defense in free agency.

Hardline

Reaction score
Love the Roschon Johnson pick. The only reason most people don't know about him is because he played behind Bijan Robinson.

There will be better TEs on the board at our 1st round slot than Washington if you really want to use a first round pick on one.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
Love the Roschon Johnson pick. The only reason most people don't know about him is because he played behind Bijan Robinson.

There will be better TEs on the board at our 1st round slot than Washington if you really want to use a first round pick on one.
Only Mayer has 1st round potential and he probably won’t last until our spot. I really like the idea of using a lot of 12 personnel and Washington would be ideal for that in both the running and passing game.

Hardline

Reaction score
Only Mayer has 1st round potential and he probably won’t last until our spot. I really like the idea of using a lot of 12 personnel and Washington would be ideal for that in both the running and passing game.
I like Washington but that's a huge reach for a TE that will most likely fall to the 3rd round. I would just not use a 1st round pick on a TE unless Mayer falls.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I didn't like the 1st round pick, but when I look at the whole draft I see where you were going and I support the thought process. I'm a pound the rock type guy for this team, and those offensive picks are for the run game.

Voorhees lunges a lot and overextended on his blocks, but this joker is strong. A good coach could develop this guy into a decent player.

Johnson is a good mid round RB, not my preference but I'd be cool with him.

I like this draft. I haven't looked at the CB.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
I like Washington but that's a huge reach for a TE that will most likely fall to the 3rd round. I would just not use a 1st round pick on a TE unless Mayer falls.
Who knows who will be available for us when we pick in the 1st? We have bigger needs, sure, but I think Washington is unique and would really improve our offense, certainly more than another receiver. I don’t think he makes it out of the top half of the 2nd round, at worst.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
I didn't like the 1st round pick, but when I look at the whole draft I see where you were going and I support the thought process. I'm a pound the rock type guy for this team, and those offensive picks are for the run game.

Voorhees lunges a lot and overextended on his blocks, but this joker is strong. A good coach could develop this guy into a decent player.

Johnson is a good mid round RB, not my preference but I'd be cool with him.

I like this draft. I haven't looked at the CB.

Thanks. I like being able to save money for free agency so we can sign Pollard long-term. But having only Ferguson and Hendershot would be a downgrade, so TE is up there on my priority list.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I generally like this draft but we need a DT and this draft is weak for tackles. At least that’s my impression. I can live with it however if we could dig up a tackle later.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
Today exemplifies why I’m ok with drafting a TE early, whether 1st or 2nd round. Success for this team requires a dominant running game and a dominant defense. The passing game needs to consist of simple reads and high percentage throws for Dak. Limit the chances for mistakes and let him game manage. TE will be a big part of that.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nah.

Unless it's Mayer because he fell to us, there is no need for a TE in round 1. Washington is a project as well. He's raw.

With the needs this team has at DT and CB and even LB and probably along the OL as they reshuffle again this offseason, you can't use your first round pick on a project TE. Washington is the kind of kid who sticks around for 10 years in the NFL but is never really anything more than a 2nd or 3rd TE. No thanks with the other issues we have.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
Bumping this up because this is the kind of draft we need to be successful. We need a dominant OL. We need a 2 RB attack, and we need an actual TE. We need to continue to strengthen the D. We can’t be put in a position where Dak has to win us a game.