NYP: DeMarcus Lawrence’s Cowboys assessment is damning for Jason Garrett

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
You guys beat the living **** out of the eagles first time around.

You forget how to play football?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Seems the game plan is always way too conservative when we play on the road.

Narrative. It really wasn't. Dak blew hard.

There were open receivers all over the field. Several could've been touchdowns.

Watch Baldys vid........look at the receivers, including Witten. WIDE open.

Add to the fact........way to many dropped balls.

30% effort...... IMO.

Tommy

Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence has put up a pathetic 5 sacks this season. In the biggest game of their season to win the division he produced nothing.

I’m confused. Who is he blaming?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Narrative. It really wasn't. Dak blew hard.

There were open receivers all over the field. Several could've been touchdowns.

Watch Baldys vid........look at the receivers, including Witten. WIDE open.

Add to the fact........way to many dropped balls.

30% effort...... IMO.
You missed my point completely.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence has put up a pathetic 5 sacks this season. In the biggest game of their season to win the division he produced nothing.

with lane johnson out

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Jerry Jones needs to take this team and coaching staff to a leadership/accountability class. I’ve never seen so much blame being thrown around. Even criminals have accepted and taken more blame than our players have. Court rooms are more honest than our team. No one on this team has room to talk. Only improvement was La’el Collins and Michael Gallup (by a small margin). Everyone else has either regressed or remained stagnant. To put blame on anyone else is pure hypocrisy.

First order of 2020 if I were GM of this team: take team to learn about accountability, leadership, and motivational skills.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

Yea I like Lawrence but between hot Boyz and now coming in after the fact to dog on garret, he needs to just hush n figure out a way to the qb.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
“Everybody on this team, everybody in this fan base need to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves: Are they really here for the Cowboys or are they really here to just place blame on each other?”

Ask yourselves that. Fans that ruin entertainment for people are the worst kinds of fans. I would seriously hate being around some of you while watching a game. On tv or in person. Im not even trying to insult any of you. I just genuinely enjoy watching this team play. Wether its a loss or a win, great game or a ugly game. I love watching a Cowboy game. I never miss a game in california. I make it to atleast 2 days during TC because its just something about this team that i love since the first time i saw Hershal Walker during the strike in 87 vs the patriots. I seriously wonder why some of you are even fans. I read about you crying about 20 yrs of mediocrity, then why stick around for 20yrs if you feel like this. What joy do you get? Lawrence is 100% genuine in saying this and including fans in this. You all want to ride on ther tails when theyre having good yrs, but as soon as they have a down yr you turn on them and call them every name in the book. I can only imagine how you people treat your kids when they dont play the way you expect them to if they play sports.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
“Place blame on each other?”

Hypocritical much? This whole team needs to take lessons on accountability, leadership, and motivation. He’s blaming Jason Garrett and Rod Marinelli for only having 5 sacks on the season? No. That’s an effort/motivation issue. No doubt JG and his rag tag group of coaches and coordinators need to go, but our players need to take a look at themselves. Am I playing up to my contract? Do I deserve to be trashed? Am I costing my teammates wins? Don’t turn and blame the scapegoat everyone else is blaming to avoid blame yourself. That’s a terrible thing to do.

Nav22

Reaction score
Momentum is a powerful thing in football.

When Xavier Woods dropped that INT early on like the BUM that he is, I knew it’d be tough to overcome that.

Reminded me so much of Terence Newman dropping that early pick-6 vs the Giants in the 2011 win-and-you’re-in season finale. Giants scored on that drive and rode that momentum to a win.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Talent without a direction is nothing at all,” Lawrence said, according to USA Today, which isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement of head coach Jason Garrett.

Lawrence, who has been with the Cowboys since the organization drafted him No. 34 overall in 2014, wasn’t the only one with choice words after the loss. Running back Ezekiel Elliott was particularly agitated, saying he was “really pissed,”
After Sunday, there should be a lot of notable quotes.

A season expected to lead deep into the playoffs ends with a big thud and no playoffs.

I hope Jason Garrett gets a lump of coal in his stocking this year. Because that's exactly what he delivered to the Cowboys fans.