OBJ Timeline Injuries

Stsinaz12

Reaction score
Buyer beware the more I think about it re OBJ. We may be getting ready to make a big mistake. That knee aint right IDK. We may need to let him go if he wants anything more than this year and next and def not 20m. I think Dak plays better when he has a few tight ends to throw to some backs to run and catch. A few receivers like what we have. Lets just say we may need a number one but OBJ could be damaged goods just look at what he wants. That goes to someone without two injuries to the same knee!! Thats why I say buyer beware. He would never have to say any if that if he didnt have so much risk he would just get it.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
  • 1st ACL game 7 2020 (Oct 25)
  • Returned game 3 2021 (Sept 26)
  • i.e. ~11 months
  • Played all remaining game except the 1 just before being traded from Browns to Rams.
  • Playoffs:
  • 21 catches for 288 yards,
  • 2 TDs
  • 80.8% catch rate..

• 2nd ACL Super Bowl (Feb 13th)
  • Nov 13th - 9 months
  • Dec 13th - 10 months
  • Gallup for Reference
  • ACL game 16 (Jan 2nd)
  • Return game 4 (Oct 2nd)
  • i.e. ~9 months
If we sign him to a 20m per year, 2.5 year contract I think we will really regret it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm just posting the information because I keep seeing people incorrect info regarding the length of time since the injury.
OK but most know this, and Gallup and Godwin are back and seem over it with 9-9.5 months out and worked their way into game shape,

So if OBJ does come here , he will need a few weeks to get fully ramped up, so what we have him for 4 games and the playoffs? he wont truly be at full game speed and know our offense until the payoffs. I see him as bonus, insurance. but his compensation should be les then what it was with the Rams given far less games this year. team friendly deal, i am on board, if hes trying to force a bad deal on the highest bidder, i am out.

I do not and we as team do Not need Kellen Moore and Dak feeling like they need to force the ball to OBJ.. that will further tempt Moore to abandon the run game.
Not sure if OBJ is good fit here because of that reason. we have plenty of weapons right now and rather lean on balance and the run game. OBJ brings pressure to throw more IMHO.

I rather activate Washington and just keep our roster intact, we add Tyrone later. I'm pretty confident and comfortable that our current roster can get it done.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Buyer beware the more I think about it re OBJ. We may be getting ready to make a big mistake. That knee aint right IDK. We may need to let him go if he wants anything more than this year and next and def not 20m. I think Dak plays better when he has a few tight ends to throw to some backs to run and catch. A few receivers like what we have. Lets just say we may need a number one but OBJ could be damaged goods just look at what he wants. That goes to someone without two injuries to the same knee!! Thats why I say buyer beware. He would never have to say any if that if he didnt have so much risk he would just get it.
agree,

if OBJ does come here , he will need a few weeks to get fully ramped up, so what we have him for 4 games and the playoffs? he wont truly be at full game speed and know our offense until the payoffs. I see him as bonus, insurance. but his compensation should be les then what it was with the Rams given far less games this year. team friendly deal, i am on board, if hes trying to force a bad deal on the highest bidder, i am out.

I do not and we as team do Not need Kellen Moore and Dak feeling like they need to force the ball to OBJ.. that will further tempt Moore to abandon the run game.
Not sure if OBJ is good fit here because of that reason. we have plenty of weapons right now and rather lean on balance and the run game. OBJ brings pressure to throw more IMHO.

I rather activate Washington and just keep our roster intact; we add Tyrone later. I'm pretty confident and comfortable that our current roster can get it done.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Giving context. You need to be told what to think given a set of facts or something?
IT was unnecessary, most here already know THE FACTS, We have google LOL we have been following this story all year. Be nice to know what the OP was thinking and where he is on OBJ coming here or not.

I need to know what the fracking post was intended to debate about.. so a question, not statement is necessary to know context, yes.

Aven8

Reaction score
I just don’t see us paying him more than someone else.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Been wondering the same thing. All of our single digits and 80’s are taken or reserved and the only 16 is available in the teens. If practice squad guys don’t have permanent numbers he can choose between Brandon Smith’s 80 or Dennis Houston’s 17. Nothing pretty though.
80 works

blueblood70

Reaction score
I just don’t see us paying him more than someone else.
and I wound not..i hope he goes elsewhere if hes overpaid, he could be negative addition IMHO.

So if OBJ does come here , he will need a few weeks to get fully ramped up, so what we have him for 4 games and the playoffs? he wont truly be at full game speed and know our offense until the payoffs. I see him as bonus, insurance. but his compensation should be les then what it was with the Rams given far less games this year. team friendly deal, i am on board, if hes trying to force a bad deal on the highest bidder, i am out.

I rather activate Washington and just keep our roster intact, we add Tyrone later. I'm pretty confident and comfortable that our current roster can get it done.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/michael-gallup-25180/

What i am hearing is it (per Jane Slater) is it may be more about the guaranteed signing bonus than per year dollars.

OJB is 30 years old so he's not gonna have a long term deal like Gallup.(who BTW has an opt out in 2024)

IMO, It's gonna likely depend on the next 3 years. By 34-35 years of age He's gonna already be in decline and be outta the league when he hits that age.
and mind you, he's already not the most durable guy as it is now.
I have heard multiple year deal is what he is seeking

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
IT was unnecessary, most here already know THE FACTS, We have google LOL we have been following this story all year. Be nice to know what the OP was thinking and where he is on OBJ coming here or not.

I need to know what the fracking post was intended to debate about.. so a question, not statement is necessary to know context, yes.

You need to be told what side are in a thing in order to move forward? Weird but I guess it makes sense giving our setting.

He is letting people come to their own conclusions. It's a different approach.

We are collectively trying to determine what a good deal -if any- for OBJ would look like. How he progresses from his ACL injury is important in that discussion.

Frankly the data to me doesn't suggest anything extreme. We are watching Gallup come back from the same injury. OBJ is in a very similar timeline in his recovery.

The data also posits that this is not OBJ first injury on this knee. We need him back to his 4.01 shuttle quickness. Multiple knee injuries are the opposite of that. OBJ's camp states the first surgery was problematic and this one was a success. It all comes down to what they get out of the physical in a couple days.

Situation is ambiguous but you can start to see a range of possible outcomes. OBJ in constant conversation with our roster, former players, and Jerry himself, it starts to look like the writing is on the wall.

If the physical checks out what would you think of paying him $1m a game for the remainder of the season?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
From the timeline X has put out on Beckham, he would have to recover faster than the last time to help Dallas. Amazing there is little apprehension of Dallas part to sign ODB due to time constraints, 2nd ACL in three years, age and price tag. Starting to seem like desperation.

I'll just be glad that they are trying to improve. If it doesn't work out, we've got the same team that we would have had anyway. Nothing wrong with taking a chance. All it will really cost us is a down-roster player.

Frankly, I think he'll be wanting too much and someone else will be willing to pay it. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing if Callaway can contribute anyway.

Brooksey

Reaction score
If he's healthy and suits up the last few games and we move pass the first round of the playoffs
his presence alone would be valuable.

If he catches a deep ball...watch out. Now you have to account for Lamb, Gallup, OBJ, Pollard, Shultz, Zeke.
Go ahead and stack the box, let's see what happens

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Last I read here was the $20 million a year talk. Any updates?

I heard 20 million is what OBJ is wanting.

Myself, I have a hard time believing they will sign him when
Dallas got rid of Amari Cooper because 20 million was too
high a salary for his performance. Amari stats for 2021 are
better than OBJ except for the number of TD's prorated per game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • 1st ACL game 7 2020 (Oct 25)
  • Returned game 3 2021 (Sept 26)
  • i.e. ~11 months
  • Played all remaining game except the 1 just before being traded from Browns to Rams.
  • Playoffs:
  • 21 catches for 288 yards,
  • 2 TDs
  • 80.8% catch rate..

• 2nd ACL Super Bowl (Feb 13th)
  • Nov 13th - 9 months
  • Dec 13th - 10 months
  • Gallup for Reference
  • ACL game 16 (Jan 2nd)
  • Return game 4 (Oct 2nd)
  • i.e. ~9 months

And Gallup still doesn't look nearly as good as he did before the injury. I think re-signing him was a mistake born out of sympathy.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
I heard 20 million is what OBJ is wanting.

Myself, I have a hard time believing they will sign him when
Dallas got rid of Amari Cooper because 20 million was too
high a salary for his performance. Amari stats for 2021 are
better than OBJ except for the number of TD's prorated per game.

Y Giants wideout Victor Cruz thinks Odell Beckham Jr. should join Cowboys, Packers According to Cruz, delivered with a heavy sigh:
The best landing spot, I think, for Odell is two places. One, Green Bay,” Cruz said. “The second team, I think, is the Dallas Cowboys. It pains me to say that.”

Whoever gets Beckham likely won’t suit him up until the tail end of the regular season — there’s no reason to play that card until he’s fully healthy. The Super Bowl hero and three-time Pro Bowler won’t be unleashed until a playoff run is ready to begin … but, again, thanks to Rush’s efforts, that’s no longer an unrealistic dream for Dallas.

It’s looking increasingly likely the Cowboys will be carried by their demonic defense this fall, and any burst they’re able to get from CeeDee Lamb, Noah Brown and the run game will be a welcome bonus. You add OBJ as a 1A option to Lamb, though, and all of a sudden, opposing defenses have to account for a highly dangerous wrinkle.

https://thelandryhat.com/2022/10/11/cowboys-victor-cruz-odell-beckham-giants/

plasticman

Reaction score
If you are suggesting OBJ is not going to be in any condition to help Dallas in the regular season, I agree. This is a revision of the same knee. I just wonder if he will be of any value before next season.
We should legitimately wonder if he will ever be of any value again as an NFL receiver.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You need to be told what side are in a thing in order to move forward? Weird but I guess it makes sense giving our setting.

He is letting people come to their own conclusions. It's a different approach.

We are collectively trying to determine what a good deal -if any- for OBJ would look like. How he progresses from his ACL injury is important in that discussion.

Frankly the data to me doesn't suggest anything extreme. We are watching Gallup come back from the same injury. OBJ is in a very similar timeline in his recovery.

The data also posits that this is not OBJ first injury on this knee. We need him back to his 4.01 shuttle quickness. Multiple knee injuries are the opposite of that. OBJ's camp states the first surgery was problematic and this one was a success. It all comes down to what they get out of the physical in a couple days.

Situation is ambiguous but you can start to see a range of possible outcomes. OBJ in constant conversation with our roster, former players, and Jerry himself, it starts to look like the writing is on the wall.

If the physical checks out what would you think of paying him $1m a game for the remainder of the season?
:facepalm::muttley: