Twitter: OBJ update

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Any team signing this guy to guaranteed money over minimum is looney.

Its league minimum with incentives even at 3 years. If thats legal. No way am I signing up to have my wallet smoked by an injury.

Dreski

Reaction score
So conservatively say at least 2-3 weeks to get into football shape so even if signed in the next week, by the time OBJ gets into football shape and learns the Dallas offense, at best you are looking at him not really being up to speed until near the end of December so is this an attempt to make OBJ a playoff push type signing? Also, there is no way he will settle for a 3-5 game contract so what is Dallas really looking to pay him over what would possibly be a multi-year deal?

OBJ stats:

2020 (7 games): 23 catches 319 yards 3 td's

2021 (14 games): 44 catches 537 yards 5 td's

While he had back to back just over 1,000 yards seasons in 2018 & 2019, he is nowhere near the WR he was the first 3 seasons of his career (2014-2016) so I am not sure why all the desire to sign him to Dallas.
The Baker Mayfield effect

Flamma

Reaction score
Absolutely. If these other guys are offering big 2 or 3 years deals and Jerry is offering a one year low ball than he could definitely go elsewhere.

Well, that's anyone. I mean if the Cowboys are offering him Gallup money, and the Giants offer him 20M a year. We both know he doesn't need the extra money.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The Baker Mayfield effect

In 2019 OBJ had 74 catches for 1,035 yards and 4 td's....so not really Mayfield's fault. In 2020 OBJ missed 9 games with injury and started to wear out his welcome in Cleveland much like he had done in NY.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
21 games or so played in the last three years. Blew out the same knee twice and we are suppose to pay him millions? I don't trust him to stay healthy. I'd rather call up Brandon Smith or activate James Washington. Screw OBJ.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
CZ acts like it's their money. :rolleyes:o_O

Signing OBJ is a playoff competitive hedge.

The fact that every Cowboys player, Jerry AND McCarthy are all practically begging OBJ publically (social media and regular media) should underscore this signing to the naysayers who really have no clue what kind of gravity OBJ will provide.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Since OBJ is probably Cowboys last visit, Jera and the Cowboys are going to Wine & Dine Him to hearts content.

Getter Done Jera

Shane612

Reaction score
He can still give you a good game some times, but I don't think he's the same OBJ that many thinks he still is.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Attempting to drive up the price because he's not going to NY where they play on a terrible field for knees. Buffalo is fading, but a possibility. I think Dallas is where Beckham wants to be, but he needs leverage when he talks to Stephen about money.

You could also say the Cowboys have an advantage for the same reasons you stated. I guess it can go both ways. If they were great offers he wouldn't even make it to the Cowboys.