Twitter: OBJ update

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Kind of a weird comment.

OBJ is looking for his last contract after two serious injuries. Cowboys are notorious for overpaying players.

The chances are high he lands here based on history.
Mmm well in recent years Cowboys are notorius for landing on their face when persuing renown free agents, so I don't see the weird part but ok.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
CZ acts like it's their money. :rolleyes:o_O

Signing OBJ is a playoff competitive hedge.

The fact that every Cowboys player, Jerry AND McCarthy are all practically begging OBJ publically (social media and regular media) should underscore this signing to the naysayers who really have no clue what kind of gravity OBJ will provide.
Fade the zone. Them not liking it is probably the best reason to sign him

superonyx

Reaction score
That did not happen ...... they offered him the same money he got from Denver but he felt insulted by the wording in the contract about playtime.
Wrong. He gave Jerry the option to remove the language from the contract and Jerry told him El Paso.

Sorry you don't like the reality. Google it before popping off next time.

superonyx

Reaction score
@superonyx

Definitely not 20M for 2022.

Prorated 20M is possible.

20M annual is ~1.2M per game played.

He'll play at most 6 regular season games which is ~7.2M for 2022.
Yes of course. I was speaking about him wanting an additional 2-3 years that would be at 20M.

I don't want him at 20m per year the next 2 seasons. 2 acls' in 2 years and 30 years old doesnt make me feel comfortable with 20m per.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Uh this team is not run anything like it was in those days. I get the idea of all time history but transactions that happened 10+ years ago aren’t really a good way to judge how the team operates.

Ever since Stephen Jones and Will McClay have taken control, it’s draft and low ball FA’s. The actions you’re referring have not been the norm in years. Overpaying for FA’s is no longer how this team operates and it hasn’t been in awhile. Gotta update your referencing brotha.

I didn't say that we have done so recently. But to get Odell or any Big Name free agent, any team generally over pays. That would be doubly so for the Cowboys who overpay for their own free agents. What makes you think it would be a good deal to pay for Odell this time?

817Gill

Reaction score
I didn't say that we have done so recently. But to get Odell or any Big Name free agent, any team generally over pays. That would be doubly so for the Cowboys who overpay for their own free agents. What makes you think it would be a good deal to pay for Odell this time?
I’m just not getting your overpaying point we haven’t done that in years and won’t do it now. If he’s too expensive he won’t be a Cowboy. Big name free agents in their prime are not the same as big name free agents in Odell’s situation. This isn’t week 1 of free agency where guys get big deals, he’s signing in December. I highly doubt this is a big money deal for anyone.

I do not think paying him like a WR1 is a good idea nor do I think it’s a reality. So kind of a loaded question.

J12B

Reaction score
Medically cleared for practice. Just getting in football shape now. Visiting the Bills and Giants next week and the Cowboys on the 5th.

Let us know what he has for breakfast tomorrow morning.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yes of course. I was speaking about him wanting an additional 2-3 years that would be at 20M.

I don't want him at 20m per year the next 2 seasons. 2 acls' in 2 years and 30 years old doesnt make me feel comfortable with 20m per.

No you weren't.

That's just you spinning like the ballerina you are.

superonyx

Reaction score
No you weren't.

That's just you spinning like the ballerina you are.
Oh so you actually are dumb enough to think I or any fan would be assuming he is asking for 20m over the last few games this year? So pretty much $100m for this year if he played all games.

wow you are a slow one.