OC nobody is talking about

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think Larry Fedora would be a great OC. He was just fired from UNC and while his last 2 seasons there wasn't great record wise his offense scored points. Not only that but 2 years ago the team has injuries everywhere it was crazy, but the offense still put up points. This season over 13 players were suspended but yet the offense still scored.

He has experience with a dual threat QB with Williams and then Trubisky. Went toe to toe against Clemson in the ACC championship game and would have had a chance to go to overtime if the ref hadnt made a mistake on a onside kick.

He makes adjustments, uses up tempo throughout the game. Knows how to use running backs and not just the run game but pass game as well.

Most of all he is a younger guy and can relate to the players. Would really change this offense

conner01

Reaction score
If it wasn’t a guy on a playoff team I think he would done be hired
Jerry hinted it was someone still playing and he can’t hire them yet
I think they have already reached out and have an understanding with someone

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

I’ve heard this everywhere. Where exactly are we getting the info that Jerry has reached out to a team with a coach still in the playoffs? Any sources or videos or something?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Maybe they want to see if Sean Payton wants to come as Head Coach. Just throwing ideas out there that's all

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Fedora....Tom Landry....I see a possible connection...
I really liked him as coach at UNC. He had them with only a 1 loss season before playing Clemson in the ACC championship. Made Trubisky the number 2 overall pick. The past 2 seasons he was giving the short end of the stick but his offense still scored points.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
It would be interesting if JJ paid the new OC as much as Garrett.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Interesting JG hasn’t been extended yet
Payton’s contract expires at the same time as JG I believe
That's the biggest issue I see. How many times have you seen a coach, coach on the last year of his deal. Not only that the Saints were ready to throw Payton under the bus before this season.

With Payton as HC this team as is would instantly be favorite in the NFC. With the way Will has found talent I think Payton would win us a championship within in first 3 years.

conner01

Reaction score
That's the biggest issue I see. How many times have you seen a coach, coach on the last year of his deal. Not only that the Saints were ready to throw Payton under the bus before this season.

With Payton as HC this team as is would instantly be favorite in the NFC. With the way Will has found talent I think Payton would win us a championship within in first 3 years.
They could still extend JG
But they haven’t yet
May be just working on the OC first
May be more of a win or gone scenario
Don’t know the answer but it is interesting

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could be things need to be worked out.
OC may want more than 1 year. As if Jason is gone, the new OC may be too.

If Jerry were to make a H change, I think they would just do it and move on. Why wait.
So maybe a contract extension also needs to coincide with the new OC. Jason needs to be on board too with the length of any deals.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I like Kubiak but I don't know if he would be a good fit, or even if he would be willing to take the job. He has done some good work, over the years, with Denver but he has enjoyed a lot of success with QBs who were really more Pro Style QBs.

Garrett might not like him either. HCs don't always want to hire guys who have more skins on the wall, so to speak.

peaveyman

Reaction score
Lots of people are talking about Payton coming but why would he? He has it made where it's at with the Saints.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Interesting JG hasn’t been extended yet
Payton’s contract expires at the same time as JG I believe

Very interesting indeed. I just don't see Jerry giving Payton all the control he would want. I do see Jerry regretting letting Payton "get away" but I don't think Payton could have done here what he did in NO. . .

Last edited: