Odell Beckham Jr Needed For Playoff Push

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
Dallas should get him in for the playoff push... (yes playoffs or what you playing for)...

We will have tyron back and Peter's (if no injury) more game ready... adding OBJ will push us in superbowl contention with this defense... I like Lamb, Gallup and OBJ (physical pending) against anybody including the bills... :thumbup:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dallas should get him in for the playoff push... (yes playoffs or what you playing for)...

We will have tyron back and Peter's (if no injury) more game ready... adding OBJ will push us in superbowl contention with this defense... I like Lamb, Gallup and OBJ (physical pending) against anybody including the bills... :thumbup:

I doubt we'd want to sign OBJ.
1. He's going to cost too much.
2. Our offense, as it's currently moving, is going to be a spread-it-around offense. OBJ wants the ball thrown to him else he starts pouting. We don't need that.
3. The Boyz are trying to develop Cee Dee as the No. 1 receiver. I think OBJ's presence retards Cee Dee's development.

Second, Tyron isn't going to retain his LT position. The Tyler Smith era has begun. Let TS continue to develop at LT. That's what we need most.

Third, OBJ is a shell of his former self. You're not going to be getting the OBJ whose one-hand catch put him on the national map. Nice dream, but that guy is gone. He's the Zeke Elliott of receivers now.

ghst187

Reaction score
He or his dad might hurt Daks feelings if he’s open and doesn’t get the ball…

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
I doubt we'd want to sign OBJ.
1. He's going to cost too much. (We have cap for a 1yr deal)
2. Our offense, as it's currently moving, is going to be a spread-it-around offense. OBJ wants the ball thrown to him else he starts pouting. We don't need that.
(Nowhere am I seeing this is accurate... he played a great role with the Rams and Baker was the problem in Cleveland... OBJ and Dak will be just fine!)

3. The Boyz are trying to develop Cee Dee as the No. 1 receiver. I think OBJ's presence retards Cee Dee's development.
(OBJ is older and respectful in the league... your analysis is a little dated)

Second, Tyron isn't going to retain his LT position. The Tyler Smith era has begun. Let TS continue to develop at LT. That's what we need most.

(So a Tyron is not better than Steele at any position? (Maybe center lol) Tryon is still our best lineman when healthy... not even close...

Third, OBJ is a shell of his former self. You're not going to be getting the OBJ whose one-hand catch put him on the national map. Nice dream, but that guy is gone. He's the Zeke Elliott of receivers now.
(How so? Did you watch the superbowl? He is absolutely better than Noah brown... put OBJ in the slot he is uncoverable...)

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Why is Odell Beckham not playing?

Either way, Beckham Jr. has since had surgery to repair the ACL a second time. And he remains unsigned for 2022. Those two items are most certainly related, as there are apparently no teams willing to take a shot on him since he might not be available until late in the regular season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

He’s rehabbing an ACL injury he’s not going be ready to join anyone around playoff time and help them. Get real! :laugh:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Anybody seen TO doing push ups in his driveway lately?

Just kidding, but OBJ is too much diva for me. I rather enjoy having a WR core with no divas complaining all the time.

Flamma

Reaction score
He's going to the highest bidder on some WR needy team like the Colts, Giants or Tampa. Some other teams as well. Does anyone think Dallas gets into that anymore?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Why is Odell Beckham not playing?

Either way, Beckham Jr. has since had surgery to repair the ACL a second time. And he remains unsigned for 2022. Those two items are most certainly related, as there are apparently no teams willing to take a shot on him since he might not be available until late in the regular season.

OBJ said he would not entertain any offers until he was 100% healthy. McVet already says he was holding a jersey for OBJ if he wants to return. OBJ is gonna want to get paid. He may be forced to sign a 1 year deal again, but that will be as a last resort.

The Cowboys absolutely will not be looking to sign OBJ. Too much money, and in their mind (and I agree) they are good at W..... assuming Gallup is good.

plymkr

Reaction score
OBJ said he would not entertain any offers until he was 100% healthy. McVet already says he was holding a jersey for OBJ if he wants to return. OBJ is gonna want to get paid. He may be forced to sign a 1 year deal again, but that will be as a last resort.

The Cowboys absolutely will not be looking to sign OBJ. Too much money, and in their mind (and I agree) they are good at W..... assuming Gallup is good.
He is going to want to get paid. His last contract he made a weird stipulation that he receives his full payment through bitcoin. So after taxes he was paid roughly 750,000 in bitcoin. Which was great until bitcoin plummeted. So he's definitely going to want to make up some of that money he lost from the last contract since he basically played for free after the bitcoin stocks dropped. I kind of felt bad for him with how it all shaped out. Seemed like a good idea but who would have known bitcoin would plummet that bad.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That would be a hard no for me. He’s not that good anymore. Having another distraction on the most distracting circus in the NFL? No thanks. Having said that I’m sure Jerry would love it.
Yeah, that's all we should ask ourselves about every potential signing: Would Jerry absolutely love it? If the answer is 'yes', then it's probably a bad idea.