Odighizuwa and Gallimore

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Yes. Gallimore's one of those DTs who gets a crap ton of pressures with his 1.8 sacks a year.

Boy do I feel silly.
You should. For many reasons. Sack numbers do not have anything to do with pressures. A player can have a boatload of pressures that did not result in a single sack. I guess that’s too much for your mind to absorb.

Plankton

Reaction score
You should. For many reasons. Sack numbers do not have anything to do with pressures. A player can have a boatload of pressures that did not result in a single sack. I guess that’s too much for your mind to absorb.

Cool. How many pressures has Gallimore created in his five years of playing football in America? Since you seem to be so familiar with Gallimore, I'm sure that you can enlighten everyone.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Cool. How many pressures has Gallimore created in his five years of playing football in America? Since you seem to be so familiar with Gallimore, I'm sure that you can enlighten everyone.
Look it up. The internet is your friend.

By the way, you missed the entire point. The discussion was on Gallimore’s lack of sacks and my statement that sacks alone do not remotely tell the whole story, particularly for an interior lineman. Common football sense is your friend.

quickccc

Reaction score
In Hill's defense he tore his knee up same game as Dak destroyed his ankle. Not knowing what else they found that could also affect recovery

Didn't Conner Williams tear up his knee later in 2019 year ?, but upon his return in 2020, he worked
his way thru a pandemic training camp, and surprisingly didn't appear on PUP and not only started the season
on time, but did not miss a single game. Only OL starter that finished entire season.

As said before, some ACL issues and recoveries may just vary.
Some quicker recovery, some slower than expected.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
He also was forced to play NT at Oklahoma due to several circumstances so he wasn’t in any position to get sacks. Let alone in the Big 12 where spread football and bubble screens reign supreme.

Extremely misleading statistics.
Definitely another factor. Some people on here are too dense to realize stats never tell the whole story. All they do is look at a stat sheet because they do not know any better.

Plankton

Reaction score
Look it up. The internet is your friend.

By the way, you missed the entire point. The discussion was on Gallimore’s lack of sacks and my statement that sacks alone do not remotely tell the whole story, particularly for an interior lineman. Common football sense is your friend.

Sorry pal. You were the one who made the assertion. Back up your claim with some data about this player.

Yes, pressures do matter. However, if the player in question doesn't generate those stats either, what would that say about his ability to rush the passer?

817Gill

Reaction score
Definitely another factor. Some people on here are too dense to realize stats never tell the whole story. All they do is look at a stat sheet because they do not know any better.
Yeah I think Risen is also a follower of the Sooners and heard a lot of buzz about Gallimore yearly but never saw him become a consistent force.

To that I just point to the fact that he’s a guy who was new to football playing out of position in a conference where quick passes and spread looks are the main form of offense. I don’t think it’s realistic to assume he was going to dominate under those circumstances, media/team hype should have no bearing on that.

As he’s developing, getting stronger, and getting more used to the game he’s only going to improve. We saw flashes last year and I bet we’ll see him take a step this year.

Last edited:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Sorry pal. You were the one who made the assertion. Back up your claim with some data.
LOL. Wrong again. I’m going to go real slow so maybe, just maybe, you’ll get it. I simply said sacks do not tell the whole story, particularly when it comes to an interior DL. I stated that pressures are just as important. Do you comprehend?

jrumann59

Reaction score
Didn't Conner Williams tear up his knee later in 2019 year ?, but upon his return in 2020, he worked
his way thru a pandemic training camp, and surprisingly didn't appear on PUP and not only started the season
on time, but did not miss a single game. Only OL starter that finished entire season.

As said before, some ACL issues and recoveries may just vary.
Some quicker recovery, some slower than expected.
Yes he did but again i doubt every ACL tear is the same what other damage there was to the knee for Hill vs Jarwin vs Williams. Also any disclosed complications with the new medical laws things are murky when it comes to injuries.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes of course. Pressuring the QB has no correlation whatsoever on sacking the QB.

Does Von Miller pressure the QB as much as Dorance Armstrong? There's no way to tell without looking at the numbers.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Yes of course. Pressuring the QB has no correlation whatsoever on sacking the QB.

Does Von Miller pressure the QB as much as Dorance Armstrong? There's no way to tell without looking at the numbers.
Over your head yet again. Not surprising.

Two things: 1). A player can have a bunch of QB pressures without ever getting home. It happens on a regular basis. Sometimes it’s even preferable to a sack because it forces bad passes that are intercepted. So, a player can and sometimes does dominate an offense without ever recording an actual sack. 2). You’re comparing a designated pass rusher to a 300+ lb. DT. Sound logic there. LOL

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
I think his upside is a little higher than Collins, but it's impossible to make that case until he gets out there and proves it.

The Lamb and Diggs picks were no brainers, and at least they threw some reasonably high currency at the DT position immediately after.

He did have a nice highlight reel at Nebraska, and it's nice to be enamored with the potential....but again he has to get out there and show it.

I think he will....and he is only expected to be part of a what we hope becomes a solid rotation, not a three down player every series.

As you've come to know quite well, Dallas fans know how to treat a longshot like the free space on a bingo card with the best of them!

Did you mean Oklahoma ..instead of Nebraska ? Gallimore not Malik Collins right?

- You're right, until Neville performs on the field that suggests he can be more than just another rotation type,
He'll more look the part more than plays the part. Like Malik Collins, we'll see occasional flashes, but can he
a permanent force ?

- I thought the difference between Gallimore and Collins as pure draft prospects was Neville had a stellar
Senior Bowl weekend and tested extremely well per pre-NFL draft workouts.

- But here's hoping he somehow becomes a Geno Atkins type gem find.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Did you mean Oklahoma ..instead of Nebraska ? Gallimore not Malik Collins right?

- You're right, until Neville performs on the field that suggests he can be more than just another rotation type,
He'll more look the part more than plays the part. Like Malik Collins, we'll see occasional flashes, but can he
a permanent force ?

- I thought the difference between Gallimore and Collins as pure draft prospects was Neville had a stellar
Senior Bowl weekend and tested extremely well per pre-NFL draft workouts.

- But here's hoping he somehow becomes a Geno Atkins type gem find.
You do realize he’s a second year player, right? You do realize his ONE season was in year with little to no off-season and no preseason under a terrible scheme and an idiot DC, right? Let’s give him a minute, shall we?

Randy White was played out of position initially and was a disaster. We all know how his career went from there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He also was forced to play NT at Oklahoma due to several circumstances so he wasn’t in any position to get sacks. Let alone in the Big 12 where spread football and bubble screens reign supreme.

Extremely misleading statistics.
EXACTLY. Not only that but he's NOW trying to average his sacks from year 1 to make his stats look worse lol.