Of Faulty Parachutes and Gas Stoves

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am not worried about all of these three teams, especially a Denver team led by Trevor :D

The Rams aren't all that either, that game is ripe for the taking. Arizona is the most difficult IMO, Dallas seems to struggle there.

jday

Reaction score
I am not worried about all of these three teams, especially a Denver team led by Trevor :D

The Rams aren't all that either, that game is ripe for the taking. Arizona is the most difficult IMO, Dallas seems to struggle there.
I can certainly understand your enthusiasm. On paper, the Cowboys should win in all three contest. As far as talent collection, not too many teams in the league rival that of the Cowboys roster...if any do.

That said, of the four teams on the Cowboys opening schedule, the Giants in hindsight will likely be viewed as the easiest challenge. But, again, I'm basing all of this mostly on what we saw Sunday, so alot could change between now and when we face them...including my opinion.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
That cardinal game was difficult to watch if you were a Zona fan. Gollaway (70 yards)and Golden Tate (107 yds)were the main WR's. They need a QB as Palmer is doing his best impression of the cowboys when they had Brad Johnson at QB. Just my opinion

Sorry never seen the game. Just going by our previous games in Arizona, we have not played that well and they seem to give us problems every time.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can certainly understand your enthusiasm. On paper, the Cowboys should win in all three contest. As far as talent collection, not too many teams in the league rival that of the Cowboys roster...if any do.

That said, of the four teams on the Cowboys opening schedule, the Giants in hindsight will likely be viewed as the easiest challenge. But, again, I'm basing all of this mostly on what we saw Sunday, so alot could change between now and when we face them...including my opinion.

I think the Rams will be easiest :omg:

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
I think people are over-estimating the Cardinals based on prior years' performance:

Of the Cardinals 23 points, they scored 7 on an 82 yard interception return, and 6 right at the end against a prevent defense.

They had 7 drives that gained less than 10 yards, threw 3 picks and lost 1 fumble against that "vaunted" Lions defense.

To make matters worse, they lost their best offensive player, David Johnson, to injury.

They need to turn things around in a hurry if they're going to be competitive.

jday

Reaction score
I think people are over-estimating the Cardinals based on prior years' performance:

Of the Cardinals 23 points, they scored 7 on an 82 yard interception return, and 6 right at the end against a prevent defense.

They had 7 drives that gained less than 10 yards, threw 3 picks and lost 1 fumble against that "vaunted" Lions defense.

To make matters worse, they lost their best offensive player, David Johnson, to injury.

They need to turn things around in a hurry if they're going to be competitive.
Here's hoping they don't turn things around in the next 3 weeks, but based on what we know of Palmer's diminishing returns as a QB and the absence of David Johnson, I don't think this is something they can fix in this season.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Here's hoping they don't turn things around in the next 3 weeks, but based on what we know of Palmer's diminishing returns as a QB and the absence of David Johnson, I don't think this is something they can fix in this season.

Based on the way things go in the NFL, it makes the Cowboys ripe for an upset.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It will be tough, especially that fifth one which will be against the Packers. But absolutely do-able...I would not be surprised at all.
You know I'm an optimist... but also real.
You should see my ep 2 brothah... It's hotter than the sun.
Almost done.

jday

Reaction score
I decided that flashbacks will be in every episode, to give the audience more backstory which is a great tool.
5-10 minutes per episode.
I agree. I contributed a blog not too long ago that went into a huge rant about how important character development is in a story. Your situation with Tobias in Ep 1 made me think about that, which is why I thought to ask about it.

One thing you want to be careful about is using it too much because Once Upon a Time uses that technique quite a bit and it can be overdone, in my opinion. But for the purpose of solidifying how Corso's story fits in the various families of (title/fictional city), it may also prove to be critical for the character development.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I agree. I contributed a blog not too long ago that went into a huge rant about how important character development is in a story. Your situation with Tobias in Ep 1 made me think about that, which is why I thought to ask about it.

One thing you want to be careful about is using it too much because Once Upon a Time uses that technique quite a bit and it can be overdone, in my opinion. But for the purpose of solidifying how Corso's story fits in the various families of (title/fictional city), it may also prove to be critical for the character development.
It's always walking a razor's edge. At least I recognize it.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Sorry never seen the game. Just going by our previous games in Arizona, we have not played that well and they seem to give us problems every time.
I agree it is difficult place to play currently, what used to be a second home for the cowboys has turned into an advantage for our opponents.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I watched all three games and clearly the broncos hold the candle for most difficult win of the three games. Palmer can no longer take over a game and dominate he is clearly a bus drive with limited talent on the offensive side of things. Goff is still trying to figure things out, and is ripe for a marinelli defense to dominate. Gurley is not the guy he was in college he needs to be accounted for but is no more a threat than most backs in the NFL. I would put him behind rookie sensations Kareem Hunt, and Tarik Cohen. My opinion. Like reading your thoughts.

Spot on! good job.