Off the ball Linebackers-Dane's top 100

Cowboyny

Reaction score
1-Junior Colson Michigan (39)
2-Ederrin Cooper Texas A&M (42)
3-Tommy Eichenberg Ohio State (74)
4-Payton Wilson NC State (77)
5-Jeremaih Trotter Jr. Clemson (99)

Extremely thin depth, notice not one inside the 1st rd. Cowboys probably will have to overdraft or make a trade to land one. Probably best served to sign a fa starter and add depth via the draft.

Carter

Reaction score
I like Cooper but he might be gone when we pick 2nd round. Eichenberg or Wilson would be nice Round 3 gets.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
This is a terrible LB class. This is a position they will need to add in FA. The good thing is it’s not a high cost position. A guy like Josie Jewell or Azeez Al Shaair are guys that are available along with older guys like Wagner and David who both will probably just go back to their current teams.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
This is a terrible LB class. This is a position they will need to add in FA. The good thing is it’s not a high cost position. A guy like Josie Jewell or Azeez Al Shaair are guys that are available along with older guys like Wagner and David who both will probably just go back to their current teams.
That's what I'm thinking. Hire a vet to be your Mike for the next couple seasons, and throw a mid round dart at one of these guys.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. Hire a vet to be your Mike for the next couple seasons, and throw a mid round dart at one of these guys.
Yep. If there are no blue chippers then get a vet with experience. You don’t need more inexperience back there.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I like Cooper but he might be gone when we pick 2nd round. Eichenberg or Wilson would be nice Round 3 gets.
Problem is, you probably have to take them in rd 2 due to the lack of depth.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Almost have no choice but to sign a fa starter or they either are going to have to trade up or over draft a prospect at the position.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Almost have no choice but to sign a fa starter or they either are going to have to trade up or over draft a prospect at the position.
I would bet that it’s going to be a FA. Outside of RB it’s a relatively cheap position to fill. And we know this front office is cheap.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I would bet that it’s going to be a FA. Outside of RB it’s a relatively cheap position to fill. And we know this front office is cheap.
Just don’t want to see a 1yr deal low level lb signed, sign a legitimate starter!

MikeT22

Reaction score
Problem is, you probably have to take them in rd 2 due to the lack of depth.
Yep. This is where you get in trouble having to target need.

It would be such a Dallas thing to use their first round pick on a 2nd round C and then their 2nd round pick on a 3rd round LB.

John813

Reaction score
Trotter Jr is lower on the list than I expected.
Of course it can all change after the combine.

If Dallas wants an immediate LB "upgrade" they will have to go through FA.
I think this draft could bear some starters but in years 2-3+

cnuball21

Reaction score
Last was terrible more of the outliner in the last several years. However, we have seen this front office struggle when they have a late pick
I just really hope we see some FA and trade moves. I don’t want to have to count on rookies to get us over the hump. Don’t want to have to count on them drafting the right guys.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I just really hope we see some FA and trade moves. I don’t want to have to count on rookies to get us over the hump. Don’t want to have to count on them drafting the right guys.
They almost have to sign a fa starting linebacker or they will have to overdraft one of these prospects. I would like to see more of a NT then Hankins brought in as well. Zimmer has used a true NT in the past, let's see if they allow him to do so or force Mazi onto him.

cnuball21

Reaction score
They almost have to sign a fa starting linebacker or they will have to overdraft one of these prospects. I would like to see more of a NT than Hankins brought in as well. Zimmer has used a true NT in the past, let's see if they allow him to do so or force Mazi onto him.
100% agree.

J-man

Reaction score
I really hope JJ opens the check book and signs Queen. And then maybe draft either Eich or Wilson at 87.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Not all injuries are the same. If the guy is blowing out ACLs via non-contact out in open space I’d be concerned. If he’s just unlucky and getting his leg rolled up by another player that’s a whole other thing.

I don’t know the context of Wilson’s knee injuries.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I really hope JJ opens the check book and signs Queen. And then maybe draft either Eich or Wilson at 87.
Queen terrifies me. He’s going to be the most expensive and was mediocre until Roquan got to Balt.

I’d go another direction but if they sign him at least they’re trying.