Off the ball Linebackers-Dane's top 100

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Queen terrifies me. He’s going to be the most expensive and was mediocre until Roquan got to Balt.

I’d go another direction but if they sign him at least they’re trying.
I here a ton of Cowboy fans wanting the same player, but he was being called a bust prior to Smith's arrival. Maybe BaltCowboy can gives us the lowdown on Queen before and after.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I really hope JJ opens the check book and signs Queen. And then maybe draft either Eich or Wilson at 87.
The problem is with such lack of depth, those backers are going to be pushed up, where the Cowboys would have to either trade up or be forced to use their 2nd rd pick on a linebacker they like.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
If this team is going to spend any money it should be on Grover Stewart. Go cheap on LB, RB, and even at DE. Lot of good players took 1 and 2 year deals last year. Good players will be available. We just have to be willing to sign a few. And they don’t have to be top tier.

Carson

Reaction score
Trotter Jr is lower on the list than I expected.
Of course it can all change after the combine.

If Dallas wants an immediate LB "upgrade" they will have to go through FA.
I think this draft could bear some starters but in years 2-3+
I don’t see the hype. 4th or 5th rounder IMO

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
1-Junior Colson Michigan (39)
2-Ederrin Cooper Texas A&M (42)
3-Tommy Eichenberg Ohio State (74)
4-Payton Wilson NC State (77)
5-Jeremaih Trotter Jr. Clemson (99)

Extremely thin depth, notice not one inside the 1st rd. Cowboys probably will have to overdraft or make a trade to land one. Probably best served to sign a fa starter and add depth via the draft.
this is why you must sign LB in FA and let the chips fall where they may with the draft

Mr_437

Reaction score
1-Junior Colson Michigan (39)
2-Ederrin Cooper Texas A&M (42)
3-Tommy Eichenberg Ohio State (74)
4-Payton Wilson NC State (77)
5-Jeremaih Trotter Jr. Clemson (99)

Extremely thin depth, notice not one inside the 1st rd. Cowboys probably will have to overdraft or make a trade to land one. Probably best served to sign a fa starter and add depth via the draft.
This would be good value for the Cowboys if the LBs were pushed down the board. Dallas was always going to have to find a starter or two in FA for the LB position. 3rd round looks like the sweet spot here.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This would be good value for the Cowboys if the LBs were pushed down the board. Dallas was always going to have to find a starter or two in FA for the LB position. 3rd round looks like the sweet spot here.
Problem is with the lack of depth at the position, teams may push up these prospects as they get risk to be shut out. Cowboys might have to take 1 of these backers a round higher.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Problem is with the lack of depth at the position, teams may push up these prospects as they get risk to be shut out. Cowboys might have to take 1 of these backers a round higher.
Yeah, especially drafting at the end of rounds, so 2nd round isn't a bad spot to get a starting LB.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Yeah, especially drafting at the end of rounds, so 2nd round isn't a bad spot to get a starting LB.
Agreed that we may have to spend a 2nd on a LB we want. But I'd prefer we just sign a quality vet, so that we don't end up forced into a reach pick.