Off Topic- Anyone get a look at this guy?

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
19 freakin' sacks in 7 games!!! :omg:

Elvis Dumervil-
6'0 256 DE- Louisville

2005 Game-By-Game Stats
Game UT AT Tot TFL Sacks Int
Kentucky 8 3 11 7-55 6-43 0-0
Oregon State 6 0 6 3-30 3-30 0-0
South Florida 2 3 5 0-0 0-0 0-0
Florida Atlantic 4 2 5 3-20 3-16 0-0
North Carolina 5 2 7 3.5-26 3-25 1-9
West Virginia 2 4 6 1.5-14 1.5-14 0-0
Cincinnati 2 4 6 2.5-14 2.5-14 0-0

Louisville senior DE Elvis Dumervil has 19 sacks through seven games this season. He has earned three BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Week Awards, was named FOXSports and CNN/SI Midseason All-American and is one of 12 semifinalists for the 36th Rotary Lombardi Award.
The King Sets NCAA Record

Dumervil (Miami, Fla.) was unblockable in his first two games of 2005. The 6-0 end set an NCAA record for sacks in consecutive games with nine. Dumervil set an NCAA record for sacks in a game with six against Kentucky on September 4 and picked up half as many last week against Oregon State to give him nine in two games. Pat Swilling of Georgia Tech held the old mark of eight in 1995.
CAREER: Ranks second in school history with 31.5 sacks... has appeared in 39 games with 19 starts... three-year letterwinner... has 40 tackles for loss, which ranks third in school history... set a school record for most career forced fumbles with nine.

2005: Leads the team with 47 tackles...leads the nation in sacks, tackles for loss and forced fumbles... registered six tackles and 2.5 sacks versus Cincinnati... tied the NCAA record for fumbles caused with eight when he forced one at Cincinnati... notched three sacks against Florida Atlantic... set an NCAA record with nine sacks in consecutive games.... set the school record for fumbles caused in a season with five... named the co-BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Week with his three sack performance against Oregon State... set a BIG EAST and school record with six sacks against Kentucky... recorded a career-high 11 tackles and seven tackles for loss... Named the WalterCamp National Defensive Player of the Week... selected the BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Week.

2004: Started all 12 games...led the team with a career-high 10 sacks... registered seven tackles and three sacks against Tulane... credited with five tackles against Houston... recorded a pair of sacks versus TCU... notched five tackles versus Miami... credited with five tackles and three for a loss against ECU... registered three tackles against Army... recorded five tackles and a sack in the season opener versus Kentucky.

2005 Stats
GP UT AT TT TFL Sacks FR FF Int. PBU
7-7 28 19 47 20-159 19-145 1-0 8 1-9 3

Career Totals
GP UT AT TT TFL Sacks FR FF Int. PBU
39-19 73 60 133 39.5-236 31-176 3-0 9 1-9 3

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
19 freakin' sacks in 7 games!!! :omg:

That boy's made himself a whole lot of money come April...

This is the kind of player I used to ignore in my draft preparations altogether, knowing the Cowboys had no role for a smallish tweener-style pass rusher... but with the switch to the 3-4, this is EXACTLY the kind of guy you want playing OLB...

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Next years draft is stacked with quality at the OT position.
That's where I say we go first.
Then I'd see if I could get a potentially explosive WR in the 2nd round.

We need to acquire an already established Kicker and Free Safety from within the league.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
silverbear said:

This is the kind of player I used to ignore in my draft preparations altogether, knowing the Cowboys had no role for a smallish tweener-style pass rusher... but with the switch to the 3-4, this is EXACTLY the kind of guy you want playing OLB...

:hammer:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
silverbear said:

Yes he has.......Payday is a coming :D