Offense last 3 games: 16.6 ppg, previous 5 games: 40 ppg

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
One dimensional on offense and a defense that can't get stops at the most critical times is a sure recipe for another divional game exit

Sure enough they will beat the lowly Bucs but then the real teams show up.

Having said that. I was glad to see the Boys play some tough football against the Lions
Our lack of running game is an issue but last night seemed to be more about Lions than us. Then they are top 5 against the run? I didn't hear that prior to that game.

Gambit

Reaction score
There is huge reason for concern.

The offense has fallen flat, with 20 pts. of output in successive games. The way the DAL defense played last night, the Lions should have been blown out of the building.

The worst running game in recent memory, bizarre miscues, inappropriate play-calling, poor line play. The reasons for the decline are as numerous as they are obvious.

Absent improvement, we'll be lucky to survive one playoff contest.
Over last month 4-2 against playoff teams.

Overcame a lot of things showed grit and determination to win against what some would say is 2nd best team in all of NFC.

But go ahead, wrong your hands over a hypothetical.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The competition has gotten better, but is there an issue?
Sometimes, but no real issue last night. The offense rolled up and down the field last night.
Lamb gave away 7 points. Penalties and a couple of drops also hurt. Unlike the Lions, we were not stopped in the red zone.
Errors that are correctable, imo….Otherwise, the offense was effective. The lack of success running was awful, but it didn’t shut us down or keep us from scoring more points. Silly mistakes did that.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
We are making this more complicated than necessary. Football is a week by week fight, and as we have learned in the past our offense must take what the other teams D offers. It is not too confusing where the Lions ranked coming into the game:

- Overall D - 15th
- Run D- 4th
- Pass D- 23rd

Without a developed run game the plan should have been to attack their pass D, which it's safe to say we did with Lamb putting up 200+ yards. Like others, if Lamb doesn't fumble in the EZ we are up 14-3 and the Lions are forced to play into our strengths

perrykemp

Reaction score
Looks a lot like Packers did with Aaron Rodgers in his last years with Mike McCarthy where the whole passing game funneled through one guy - Davante Adams. Davante Adams was spectactulor (like Cee Dee) but those teams scored significantly less in the playoffs as good defenses clamped down on the 1 WR-centric offense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
C'mon man. LOL. The defender inexplicably failed to tackle Dak. It was a done deal.
I get that but you made it like he failed intentionally? We never say that about anyone else lol. That a guy "inexplicably failed to tackle" a player...isn't hat how all big plays happen? A guy fails and a guy beats him lol?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is too many injuries on the OL and the backups are terrible. Zach and Tyron have struggled playing up to their standard bc of injuries. Steele just isn’t the same player we thought we signed. It appears that injury took more out of him than the cowboys thought.

Looks like a deep draft for tackles. I expect that the cowboys will be drafting one or 2.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The competition has gotten better, but is there an issue?
We've turned it over twice at the goal line. So we'd probably have scored in the upper 20s in both games without that against better competition. We need to get that under control for the playoffs, though. Can't afford those kinds of mistakes if we're going to go anywhere.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I get that but you made it like he failed intentionally? We never say that about anyone else lol. That a guy "inexplicably failed to tackle" a player...isn't hat how all big plays happen? A guy fails and a guy beats him lol?
It seemed intentional. I don't know how else to explain it. I'm just saying that play should have been over 100 out of 100 times. Dak had his back to defender with a clear shot.

Now Dak & CD "made" a play after that. I'm not disputing that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It seemed intentional. I don't know how else to explain it. I'm just saying that play should have been over 100 out of 100 times. Dak had his back to defender with a clear shot.

Now Dak & CD "made" a play after that. I'm not disputing that.
Ok maybe I need to see a close up of what you’re saying I just thought he guy couldn’t take down Dak….

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
tony pollard just dont appear to be that guy
More about the poor run blocking and predictable run plays, less about Pollard s ability.

So, they should stop trying to "get Pollard his touches", at least not on the ground. Use him more in the passing game.

This is Dak s offense now. They will go as far as his arm and feet take them. Pass to set up the run. But pass first. Run once you get a 2 score lead. Stop wasting downs with those predictable running plays.

But still use play action, early and often.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Tired of the social media experts blaming the scheme and coaching. Your Offensive Line must be healthy and play together. Notice beginning of the year, everyone questioning the offense, but once our Oline got healthy and all 5 back and suddenly the offense rapidly improved? Zack has had the most injuries of his career. Tyron has a bad back, that’s killer for a 6’6” guy. Steele will probably never be the same again. Now our best OL is hurt again, young Smith. A bye week would have been nice but I think Big Mac has his ‘load management’ down pat by now. Heard him talk about it many times in PCs and took a lot of lessons from his Green Bay days. Just hope the big fellas can make it to the end. Don’t think for a second that Tyron and Zack don’t want this and realize it might be their last best shot.

If it causes the team to stumble, signs were all there at beginning of year. Like LB, chose to throw the dice.

Last edited:

Cebrin

Reaction score
One dimensional on offense and a defense that can't get stops at the most critical times is a sure recipe for another divional game exit

Sure enough they will beat the lowly Bucs but then the real teams show up.

Having said that. I was glad to see the Boys play some tough football against the Lions
The Bucs are better than most ate giving them credit for.