Offensive and defensive mvps

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Who do you think will be the offensive and defensive mvps for the cowboys this season?

Offense
Julius Jones
His only competition will be witten, but I think his numbers will go down to about 800 reciever, 65-75 catches as we run more often. I think JJ will get the rock 20-25 times a game, with a solid average. WIth his big play ability, I am expectin 1400-1600 yds and 12 tds this season.

Defense
Terence Newman
I think he will finally break out, and play on the consistant shutdown level he showed last season with an improved pass rush. Other canidates include roy williams, Dat nguyen, ellis, maybe one of the rookies.

laythewood28

Reaction score
OFFENSE-Witten. Quick for a guy his size. A mismatch.
DEFENSE- Roy Williams. Will force more turnovers by moving back to his natural position.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tio said:
Who do you think will be the offensive and defensive mvps for the cowboys this season?

Offense
Julius Jones
His only competition will be witten, but I think his numbers will go down to about 800 reciever, 65-75 catches as we run more often. I think JJ will get the rock 20-25 times a game, with a solid average. WIth his big play ability, I am expectin 1400-1600 yds and 12 tds this season.

Defense
Terence Newman
I think he will finally break out, and play on the consistant shutdown level he showed last season with an improved pass rush. Other canidates include roy williams, Dat nguyen, ellis, maybe one of the rookies.

I agree totally with both of those.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Offense...Jason Witten. He can single handedly resurect Bledsoe from the dead if they can create soem chemistry.

Defense...Kevin Burnett. I think by year's end he will be the vocal spark of that defense. The team will feed off of him. As much as I like Roy Williams and think he is a star, he is also a quiet star. Burnett will be a person who rallies people.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Offense - Chris Canty - Red Zone TE threat
Defense - Scott Shanle - Big 237 pound ILB.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Offense: Glenn. If, and this is a big if, but if Terry Glenn can stay healthy all year he can put up some awesome numbers in this offense. Being the only WR that can stretch the field with Witten and Keyshawn getting a bunch of attention underneath and the defense having to respect Julius's running ability, Glenn has a chance to make a lot of big plays.

Defense: Glover. I think we'll play more 3-4 towards the start of the season, but I also think it will become obvious we don't have all the pieces to make the transition yet. This will allow glover to be on the field more in the 4-3 and he finally has players all around him on the line that will demand more attention. This will free him up more often and he'll register 13 sacks this year.

Reaction score
O - JJ... the offense revolves around the run game... canidates: LA and Flo... two big cogs protecting Bledsoe and opening running game...

D - Fergy... the Key to making the 3-4 fly... canidates: Dat and Roy... two huge tackling machines...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
Offense...Jason Witten. He can single handedly resurect Bledsoe from the dead if they can create soem chemistry.
:eek: Not Polite? I'm shocked.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Offensive: Glenn if he stays healthy. He can put up numbers if Bledsoe gets protection. Jones and Witten are alternates as both should have good to big years. Bledsoe is a long shot but shouldn't be counted out. Instead we should hope he is a star on O.

Defense: Can't say as too many variables. Would like to see Ware because that means he will emerge as force this year. I think that is asking too much but I can hope. More realistically I see Ellis and Glover breaking out if there is good run D and a pass rush. Too many people here could emerge as stars from entire unit. Williams is another likely choice. Know this is hedge but I see this being an entire successful unit.

shnagy

Reaction score
Offense: Julius-1400 to 1600 yards and 10-15 TD's, about 20-30 catches, if he stays healthy. If not, Witten, or Glenn, but all of this could change with one injury. Defense: Roy-80 to 100 tackles, more TFL's, and sacks. Switching positions will help him a lot and having a stable FS will help a lot too. Newman should break out if he can stay healthy. Fergy and Spears should play well too. Anything less than 8-8 this year will be disappointing.