Offensive and Defensive Wrinkles

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Do you think we will see alot of new wrinkles this game with Payton, Copper and Shanle around they are going to be incredibly familiar with what we do most of the time? Will we see more of JJ and MB3 in the same backfield? empty back sets? More shotgun? 4-3 Defensive alignments?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I dont think so....maybe the defense MAYBE, but on offense, its a complety differnent offense with Romo in. Had it been bledsoe back there i would agree, but on defense, i say maybe because Bill Parcells, wants s to excute he feels if we excute man up and physically domoniate you, you cant stop us. At times this season we've done it, at times we havent. Hopefully this game. We do it

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I actually wouldn't mind seeing a few 4-3 fronts during the game with Hatcher, Ferguson, Spears and Canty as the down lineman Ayodele James and Ware as the backers. Blitzing Ware from either side that he is on. I think that actually puts our best 7 on the field at the same time rather than going with Singleton or Carpenter.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
If we go 4-3. its gonna be ware at the END. 3-4 OLB and 4-3 OLB has huge differnces in responsiblty. and i tihnk the best 4-3 your gonna get, is our nickel pakage. You just cant teach 3-4, 4-3, dime, and nickel, to such a young team. Its hard enough getting them to excute a 3-4.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Actually our nickel package is basically the 4-3, and this team was originally a 4-3 team. And on top of that the players are all really 4-3 players...

They could play it at any time.

Burnett - James - Ayodele (carpenter)
Ware - Ferguson - Ratliff - Hatcher (ayodele)

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Natedawg44;1211858 said:
Do you think we will see alot of new wrinkles this game with Payton, Copper and Shanle around they are going to be incredibly familiar with what we do most of the time? Will we see more of JJ and MB3 in the same backfield? empty back sets? More shotgun? 4-3 Defensive alignments?

I think Dallas puts in new wrinkles every week on both sides of the ball, but we at home with the naked eye may not notice them. You have to change week to week other wise you could end up with the same record as say a Deadskin team.:lmao:

VACowboy

Reaction score
Galian Beast;1212845 said:
Actually our nickel package is basically the 4-3, and this team was originally a 4-3 team. And on top of that the players are all really 4-3 players...

They could play it at any time.

Burnett - James - Ayodele (carpenter)
Ware - Ferguson - Ratliff - Hatcher (ayodele)

Actually, our nickel package is a 4-2-5 which has more in common with the 3-4 the 4-3.