Offensive Line concerns me

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
My finger is hovering above the button. The fact that everyone is more or less healthy (yet still getting pushed around) is the biggest indictment.

235-68-panic-button.jpg

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Before the first preseason game. Wow.

In case you haven't noticed, they were dreadful last year and are off to a bad start this year. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun said:
In case you haven't noticed, they were dreadful last year and are off to a bad start this year. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.
I thought we were pretty good until Flo went down. At least that is what everybody was saying about last year.

KingTuna

Reaction score
bbgun said:
My finger is hovering above the button. The fact that everyone is more or less healthy (yet still getting pushed around) is the biggest indictment.

235-68-panic-button.jpg

If we don't see improvement by the end of the third pre-season game then yes, you can bring out the panic button.

Still a LONG way to go...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
bbgun said:

235-68-panic-button.jpg

Well, watergun, at least your finger is out of your nose...for now! :cool:

:star:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Reports were that the running game has been improved.

Flozell, our best olineman wasnt even playing until Wednesday and this is the first football hes played since he went down in the first half of last season.

Additionally most of this stuff is one on one stuff whereas in games especially with the interior linemen they help each other out. Double teams and what not.

I know you love to be a glass is half empty type person but without actually seeing them in a game or scrimmage I will hold any judgement at all.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Before the first preseason game. Wow.

He thinks there's a prize that goes along with being the first fan to quit on his team...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
He thinks there's a prize that goes along with being the first fan to quit on his team...

I'm saving the mute button just for you.

mikek3322

Reaction score
Offensive line is our major area of concern right now, but let's wait and see what a little more coaching and time to gel as a unit can do for them before bailing on them entirely. I mean, with the exception of Larry Allen's absence (long has he reigned), the line has to be better than last year. If Flozell is back to full health, that solves last year's worst problem right there. Pettiti will be better this year, and if he isn't, at least we have alternatives now. Rivera ought to be better, too, now that he's healthy -- if he isn't, we really bought into too much hype on him at GB. The battle between the centers has to bring out the best in at least one of them. Johnson is better at reading the formations, but I don't like hearing him getting pushed around. Gurode is stronger but needs to get smarter and eliminate mistakes. Kosier, I'll have to see in preseason, but I've put my faith in Parcells and his scouts to hope that he helps the line as a complete unit to be more flexible. Hey, if this line does work out, with all the strength we have at skill positions this year and our awesome (Doomsday again?) defense, the trophy will be ours again!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The only thing Parcells has said about the line as a unit was that the running game was doing better than expected. What are you going off bbgun?

burmafrd

Reaction score
its like the one heckler at a concert, etc. Some people just want to be noticed.

jimmy40

Reaction score
bbgun said:

235-68-panic-button.jpg
I don't know about the panic button but you'd have to be a complete idiot not to be concerned about the offensive line with the human statue at QB.