Offensive Line/Defensive Line Concerns

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
With all the TO hoopla-- the focus has moved off our OL and DL. Now I like the Hannam and Fabini signings...and Kosier seems solid-- but we have done nothing on the DL-- except cut a Pro Bowl caliber DT.

We're going to be a better team next year, but I would like to see us address NT and G early on-- if not in free agency. G will be even more important if we let LA go. Adding TO is great...but if DB is on his can before he can get him the ball...what good does he do us?

First post by the by...thanks for hosting the site. ;)

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
:welcome:
Hawkeye19 said:
With all the TO hoopla-- the focus has moved off our OL and DL. Now I like the Hannam and Fabini signings...and Kosier seems solid-- but we have done nothing on the DL-- except cut a Pro Bowl caliber DT.

We're going to be a better team next year, but I would like to see us address NT and G early on-- if not in free agency. G will be even more important if we let LA go. Adding TO is great...but if DB is on his can before he can get him the ball...what good does he do us?

First post by the by...thanks for hosting the site. ;)
WElcome: to the board ..
Lots to enjoy here..

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Kicker and Center are to me at least, the two most pressing needs.

We can't run up the middle with cheap (no)talent.

Kickers cost us three games, but the o-line was awful in the middle, that's where so much of the rush came from to disrupted kicks.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
GoCowboysGo said:
Kicker and Center are to me at least, the two most pressing needs.

We can't run up the middle with cheap (no)talent.

Kickers cost us three games, but the o-line was awful in the middle, that's where so much of the rush came from to disrupted kicks.

Agreed,
I am happy with the recent moves but going into off season , I felt Center and kicker were the most pressing needs and still not addressed

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
I've got very little worry about the DL. Spears, Canty, Ellis, and Ratliff proved to be a very solid group of DEs for the 3-4 last year, and all except Ellis were rookies last year. NT worries me somewhat, but Ferguson should be in shape and get going quicker this year which will help alot, and we'll also draft a late round NT project to spell him every once in a while. He'll also have Pepper Johnson behind him.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Yeah, Ratliff played well until he got hurt and Bill seems to love Pepper Johnson. I think we'll draft a D lineman most likely a NT.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Totally agree about the OL and DL. Can't get the ball out when you are on your back.

ghst187

Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
Yeah, Ratliff played well until he got hurt and Bill seems to love Pepper Johnson. I think we'll draft a D lineman most likely a NT.

i agree, I like Pepper alot too, fiery character that wants to hit people. I think Spears is going to be a monster next year and I think Ratliff will see his playing time increase as he produces, which I think he will.
We still have Ellis for now but if we draft a guy like Lawson I'm not sure where he'll fit in if Lawson can get to the passer on third down.
Spears, Canty/Ratliff, and Fergi are going to be tough to run against on 1st and 2nd down, then Ware and Lawson rushing the passer on third....yikes. Ellis may have technique but Lawson has PURE SPEED AND quickness. Lawson and Ware pinning their ears back on third down...yikes. xciting

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
I like the youth and potential on the DL. Canty, Spears, Ratliff, Johnson. It is one of the team's strongest positions as far as young talent goes.

It is a different story on the OL. I say we should draft at least one OL on the first day of the draft. Preferably guard. Rogers and so far Petersen being non-impact players has really hurt the development of the OL.

One more thing, Josh Brown is the kicker we need.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
welcome.gif

I am not worried about our DL I think we are ok. sure we can get better.. the real headech is the OL.If we have good healthy OL with depth then team will be hard to beat if not then T.O or no T.O it will be another long season