Offensive Lineman Preparation

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have my first game coming up this Saturday. I never started before and now I'm starting Right Tackle and Defensive Tackle. Do you have any advice for the night before the game or the morning before the game? I heard cucumber and basil in water and let it sit overnight. Do you have anything unique?

Thanks,
MB

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Motorbreath;3526588 said:
Not to get off-topic but you live 20 minutes away from me dude. This board is huge.
:laugh2: who do you play for

WarC

Reaction score
Lots of carbs the night before the game. Spaghetti is tried and true.

Other than that, hydrate a lot. You don't want to start fatiguing or cramping during or after the game.

Have fun dude, I played left guard/defensive tackle for a few years and I miss it a lot. Theres nothing like getting into the zone in the locker room, putting the pads on, getting your uniform squared away, slipping into those game-day jerseys and pants, threading your belt through the hip pads, taping up your ankles or your hands, putting that helmet on, slipping the gloves on your fingers, stretching. The intensity building. Walking out onto that field. Pump your team mates up, talk in the huddle, put your normal societal self away and unleash the beast inside. I loved it and I miss it a lot. Theres nothing like fighting in the trenches. Getting down into the three point stance and eyeing the man you're about to maul across from you. It's living man.

EDIT: It's always good to review your plays as well. Screwing up a pull or trapping the wrong way is a surefire way to get pulled.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Just stay away from the Baconator!

Baconator%20Ad.jpg

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Motorbreath;3526567 said:
Do you have any advice for the night before the game or the morning before the game? I heard cucumber and basil in water and let it sit overnight. Do you have anything unique?

I like pudding.