***Official Colts-Rams Game Thread***

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
The Rams came to play... and the Colts are getting exposed on national primetime television! I'm sure Peyton will rally them before the night is through, though.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
pretty ridiculous what this league does with Payton Manning and Vick in terms of officiating

Manning miked up, talking on first name basis with referee and contending his team got the ball, when from where he is standing he wouldnt have a freaking clue...what a surprise, same official overrules the guy with the better view of the recovery and gives the Colts the ball, when it obvious on reply the Rams recovered

and the Colts have got away with major holding for years as part of the special "protect Manning at all costs" league policy...that Ol is basically a collection of stiffs

David

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
is better then Julius Jones. Not only does he have more power (obviously), but he's running with more quickness and burst then JuJo has this season.

And considering we're VERY deep at DE, I'm starting to think it probably would of been a good idea if we'd just drafted him instead of trading down.

Although if we'd done that Buffalo might not have been able to draft LosTman and they wouldn't of released Bledsoe. So in that sense, it IS better that we traded down.

But, IMO, Jackson > JuJo and Spears (as of right now).

But he's not better then JuJo, Spears, and Bledsoe.

Still annoying watching him run with such quickness and burst, something we haven't seen much of from JuJo this year. Yes, I know the blocking hasn't been great, but JuJo hasn't done a good job of finding alternate holes or exploding through holes.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack said:
is better then Julius Jones. Not only does he have more power (obviously), but he's running with more quickness and burst then JuJo has this season.

And considering we're VERY deep at DE, I'm starting to think it probably would of been a good idea if we'd just drafted him instead of trading down.

Although if we'd done that Buffalo might not have been able to draft LosTman and they wouldn't of released Bledsoe. So in that sense, it IS better that we traded down.

But, IMO, Jackson > JuJo and Spears (as of right now).

But he's not better then JuJo, Spears, and Bledsoe.

Still annoying watching him run with such quickness and burst, something we haven't seen much of from JuJo this year. Yes, I know the blocking hasn't been great, but JuJo hasn't done a good job of finding alternate holes or exploding through holes.

uh hey Rack, memo to you...the Rams run block way better than we do...

put Steven jackson here, and he averages the same 3.5 yds per carry that our other backs are doing right now

I know this is a difficult concept for alot to grasp, but there simply hasnt been any run blocking worth a flip on this team this yr

David

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Thats was Nors medical opinion - he was sent to lockerroom for Xrays....

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
uh hey Rack, memo to you...the Rams run block way better than we do...

put Steven jackson here, and he averages the same 3.5 yds per carry that our other backs are doing right now

I know this is a difficult concept for alot to grasp, but there simply hasnt been any run blocking worth a flip on this team this yr

David

Totally agreed. Last year, you wouldn't have heard a single person say this about Julius, but because we can't run block worth a flip this year, the mumblings start up. When we look back on this trade in a couple more years, we will laugh our arses off at what a steal we got. Hell, we may be laughing our arses off later this year if our OLine starts blocking worth anything in the run game.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Steven Jackson stats before tonight..76 carries, 295 yds, 3.9 yds per carry

oh yeah, he's way better than Julius Jones :rolleyes:

David

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David

And not just that, but he's behind the Rams oline. I still see the same explosive JJ this year as last year, but the blocking just isn't there right now. I can't explain WHY it's not. Perhaps it's because Mo Carthon isn't in charge of the running game this year? I just don't know, but I still see flashes of the JJ of last year the moment he has ANY room whatsoever.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967 said:

David
:laugh1: :laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh2: :laugh1:

Julius didn't look the same this year as he did last year I will admit.

jsond

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David

But not only is he better then JJ he is also:

Rack said:
Jackson > JuJo and Spears

But, lucky for us:

Rack said:
he's not better then JuJo, Spears, and Bledsoe.

Wow, who isn't Jackson better then in this league, 1 on 1? I am as disappointed as anyone that JJ is off to a slow start, not making anying excuses for him. But to proclaim Jackson better than JJ and Spears based on one game vs the Colts overrated defense is very unwarranted. Guess I am a homer but I wouldn't trade JJ for Jackson straight up and would be furious if we did.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kilyin said:
Manning looks like he's in the playoffs.
With Pittsburg and New England losing so much the Colts have home field advantage throughout the playoffs to play for. Every game is a playoff game.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I know Manning is God, yada, yada, yada, but I've noticed for the first time tonight, that he really stares down his receivers.

I'm playing against Harrison in both my fantasy leagues, so I've been watching where Harrison is lined up at all times. As soon as the ball is snapped, I can tell if Manning is going to throw his way or not. Almost always he'll look one direction and then throw it that way. If he looks Harrison's way, then the ball is going there... if he's looking to the other side, then no worries, Harrison isn't getting the ball.

I'm sure that's typical of many QB's, but I never realized he locks in so much to his recievers.

jlust22

Reaction score
Man, Cato June for Indy has turned into the 2nd coming of Derrick Brooks. After 2 more Int's tonight, he has 5 on the season including 2 run back for TD's. Not bad for a 6th round pick. I remember him at Michigan where he played safety and Witten made him look silly in the Citrus Bowl as he couldn't cover him to save his life. Now, he has turned into a heck of a LB.